Nespresso Vertuo Next Review and Comparisons
If you’re familiar with Nespresso’s Vertuo machines, such as VertuoPlus and Evoluo, you’ll find the Vertuo Next machine to look similar yet more modern. But an update to the design isn’t all there is to it. Keep reading to learn more about the Vertuo Next and how it’s different from other Vertuo machines.
What Is Nespresso Vertuo?
Nespresso, makers of single-serve espresso makers have two main line of products: OriginalLine and Vertuo line.
Vertuo machines (VertuoPlus, Evoluo) are designed with a special technology patented to Nespresso that allows them to brew espresso as well as coffee. Unlike other machines, Vertuo machines don’t use a pump or drip mechanism to brew espresso/coffee, instead, it uses Cetrifusion technology, which spins the coffee capsule rapidly while saturating them with water to produce a flavorful cup.
Features of Nespresso Vertuo Next:
- New compact design.
- Brews 5 cup sizes: espresso (1.35 oz), double espresso (2.7 oz), gran lungo (5 oz), coffee, (7.7 oz) and Alto XL (14 oz).
- Automatically adjusts machine settings to match type of capsule you’re brewing by scanning the barcode on the rim of the capsule.
- Built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your machine to your smartphone or tablet to receive any software update to your machine and for capsule reordering.
- Compatible with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only.
- Water reservoir capacity: 60 oz.
- Made from 54% recycled materials and 100% sustainable packaging.
What’s New in Nespresso Vertuo Next?
- New design. Vertuo Next is the most compact Vertuo machine, followed by the VertuoPlus.
- Connectivity: Vertuo Next is the only Vertuo machine (as of the time of writing) to have WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. Another Nespresso machine with this connectivity is Essenza Mini Plus, which is an OriginalLine machine.
- Material: One great thing about the VertuoNext is the fact that it is 54% made from recycled materials.
Nespresso Vertuo Next vs. VertuoPlus and Evoluo – What Is The Difference?
For the most part, using the Vertuo Next is the same as other Vertuo machines. They are all compatible with the same capsules and programmed with the same cup sizes.
The biggest difference is its Bluetooth/WiFi connectivity which allows for future updates. This might give you machine extra time of use as Nespresso unveils new features.
Other than that, if you currently own a Vertuo machine that works just fine then keep it. There’s no need for the upgrade. However, if you’re new to Vertuo machines, Vertuo Next is the perfect machine to start with.