Learning how to reset your Nespresso coffee machine allows you to fix issues like brewing volumes, temperature issues, or coffee quality.
Instructions vary on the coffee machine model you have. Below, you’ll find step by step guide on resetting Nespresso by model name.
How To Reset Vertuo Next & Vertuo Pop
If you need to reset your Nespresso Vertuo Next to factory settings, the process is straightforward. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Open the machine head and let the used capsule be ejected. Machine must be on with steady light.
- Close the head. Leave the handle in “UNLOCKED” position.
- Push the button 5 times within 3 seconds. The button blinks 5 x orange and changes than to steady white.
After following these steps, your Vertuo Next should be reset to its factory settings.
Since the Vertuo Pop is based on the Next mode, they share the same instructions.
How To Reset a Vertuo Plus
If you want to reset your this model, it’s a longer but easy process to follow:
First, you have to access the ‘Special Functions’ mode:
- Turn the machine “OFF” by pushing the lever down for 3 seconds.
- To enter “Factory settings” mode, push the button (Brew Button) and the lever down at the same time for 3 seconds. ORANGE steady light indicates entry into the Special Functions menu.
Now you select the Reset option:
- Choose a function by pressing the lever down 3 times for “Reset to factory settings”
- the machine will blink 3 times every 2 seconds until the button will be pressed.
- Choose a function within 2 minutes or else the machine will go back to Ready mode. ORANGE light will blink 3 times every 2 seconds, indicating the “Factory reset” function.
- Push the button to confirm. ORANGE light will blink 3 times in 3 seconds to confirm the reset is done and then go to steady GREEN. The machine is now ready to use.
How To Reset Nespresso Creatista
If you own any Creatista model, resetting this model is super easy thanks to the LCD display it has.
All you have to do is simply navigate the menu to the Factory Reset option:
- Navigate the menu on the screen until you find Factory Reset option. Select it.
- Press Ok button to start the resetting process.
Your Nespresso Creatista will now be reset to its factory settings, and you can start using it again as if it were brand new.
How To Reset Nespresso Lattissima Touch
Before you start the Factory resetting process on your DeLonghi Lattissima Touch, first remove the milk jug. Then proceed with the steps below:
- Switch the machine ON.
- Press the Latte Macchiato and Warm Milk Froth buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds to enter Menu mode; Descaling and clean alerts will start blinking.
- Touch in a single continuous movement the following buttons: Warm Milk Froth ->Cappuccino ->Latte Macchiato ->Lungo ->Espresso ->Ristretto.
- The Warm Milk Froth button blinks to indicate reset mode. Press it to confirm. All buttons will blink 3 times: all cup volumes are reset.
The machine will exit out of menu mode automatically and will return to ready mode.
How Reset Nespresso Inissia, Essenza Mini, Citiz or Pixie
If you want to reset any Nespresso Original machine to its factory settings, it’s a straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps.
- Turn off your machine.
- Press and hold the Lungo button down for 5 seconds.
- When the LEDs blink fast 3 times, your machine has been reset back to its factory settings.
After that, your machine will continue to blink as it heats up and starts again. When the lights are steady, it is ready to use again.
How To Reset Nespresso Machine After Descaling
Descaling your Nespresso machine regularly is a must to maintain the coffee quality and keep your machine clean.
If you have followed your Nespresso machine’s descaling instructions correctly, then your machine will reset after descaling on its own, you don’t have to do it yourself.
But if your Nespresso machine is not functioning after descaling, this means it is stuck in descaling mode. Please refer to my guide on Nespresso Stuck in Descaling Mode and Why Nespresso is Blinking Orange to help you troubleshoot this issue.