If you’re shopping around for a Nespresso machine, then you probably come around the word ‘Aeroccino’.
What Does Aeroccino Mean?
Aeroccino is a electric milk frother by the brand Nespresso. It’s a quick and easy way to create hot or cold frothed milk for your coffee recipes.
If you’re someone who enjoys milk based recipes like cappuccinos, lattes, macchiatos, or even non coffee drinks like hot chocolate or matcha, an Aeroccino is a push-button solution for making frothy or creamy milk.
What Does Nespresso Aeroccino Do
Nespresso Aeroccino works by spinning a whisk while heating the milk to aerate it and create the froth.
If you choose to make cold foam, it will only spin the whisk to froth the milk up without heating it.
You have control over the density of the froth. You can create high foam for cappuccino recipes, or light foam for lattes. But how you control the density will depend on the Aeroccino model you choose. Which brings us to our next part of this guide…
Nespresso Aeroccino Models
There are three Nespresso Aeroccino models available to buy, each comes with its own design and features…
Nespresso Aeroccino 3
Available as an accessory with Nespresso machines or to purchase separately. Aeroccino 3 has a simple one-button operation and uses a 2-in-1 whisk design to allow you to adjust the density of your froth.
- Makes hot or cold froth, light or dense foam.
- Teflon non-stick interior.
- Plastic housing. Safe to hold when hot.
- Hand wash only.
Nespresso Aeroccino 4
This model can only be purchased individually. Aeroccino 4 is an upgraded model with several improvements to the Aeroccino 3 model.
- Uses a single whisk for all froth styles.
- Select from four froth options. Density is adjusted automatically by selecting a button for each style.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Ceramic nonstick coating.
- Dishwasher safe.
Nespresso Barista Recipe Maker
This is a high-tech frother and recipe maker from Nespresso. It’s a bluetooth connected device that can guide you to create a lot of coffee or non-coffee recipes. It uses a stainless steel jug and induction heating, so it’s safe to add ingredients directly to it as it spins and froths the milk.
Nespresso Aeroccino Comparison Guides
How To Use Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother
Using your Nespresso Aeroccino frother is simple. Follow these steps:
1. Pour the milk into the jug up to the Max line.
2. Attach the whisk and secure it in place with a click.
3. Select your preferred mode and press start.
4. When finished, lift the lid out of the jug and serve your drink.
5. When finished washing, make sure to clean the whisk and dry it off before storing it away in a safe place.
It’s a straightforward and non complicated way of heating and frothing milk with a push of a button.
Making a Latte vs Cappuccino with Nespresso Aeroccino
The difference between a latte and a cappuccino is in the amount of milk and density of the froth (learn about the difference between Nespresso Aeroccino whisks here) But with a Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother, you’ll find marked lines inside the jug that will easily guide you to fill the correct amount of milk.
- For a Latte, use the higher MAX line. And you’ll want to make light foam. So with an Aeroccino 3, simply remove the spring coil from the whisk, and with an Aeroccino 4, simply select the light foam button.
- For a Cappuccino, use the lower MAX line. And for the foam, you’ll want the dense style. With an Aeroccino 3, use the whisk with the spring attached to it. With an Aeroccino 4, select the high foam button.
You’ll want to make sure not to go over the Max lines so your milk does not overflow. Going under the Max lines should not be a problem.
How To Clean Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother
Cleaning a Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother is as simple as a quick rinse of the frothing jug. You have the choice of hand washing it or putting it in a dishwasher (depending on the model).
Can Nespresso Milk Frother Go in Dishwasher
Nespresso Aeroccino 4 and Barista Recipe maker have waterproof and dishwasher safe jugs.
For hand washing, all models are waterproof. Nespresso Aeroccino 3 cannot be submerged in water, though. So you can wash it over the sink and dry it with a towel.
The whisks of the frothers should be removed before washing. It’s better to wash them by hand and store them safely, as they could be easy to lose.
Latte Art with Nespresso Aeroccino – Is It Possible?
Normally, it is hard to do latte art with the type of froth that an Aerooccino makes, because it is too bubbly and does not have the micro foam texture required for latte art. However, there’s a tutorial you can follow to make latte art using an aeroccino.
What Milk To Use with Aeroccino
Does Nespresso Aeroccino Work with almond milk
Yes, you can froth any type of milk you want! However, the froth density will vary from one brand to another, because froth relies heavily on fat content of the milk you are using.
Can I Froth Half and Half in Aeroccino?
Yes, you can do that, too. But because it has heavier texture than regular milk, it can take longer time to froth and heat. Also, you’ll want to wash or at least soak the frother as soon as you finish frothing so it doesn’t stick to the jug as it dries.
Can You Use Nespresso Milk Frother For Hot Chocolate
Yes, you can!
There are two ways to make hot chocolate with a Nespresso Aeroccino.
- First method is by simply frothing and heating the milk using the Aeroccino. Then, add it to a cup that contains chocolate powder or chocolate syrup and mix them together in the cup.
- Second method is by adding chocolate powder to the milk as it froths. This is not something that Nespresso recommends, because sugar (due to heat) can stick to the nonstick coating and damage it. But you can do it as long as you wash your frother immediately after use.
Can You Put Coffee In Nespresso Aeroccino
While it’s not recommended by Nespresso to add any ingredients other than milk to an Aeroccino, you can get creative with this device as long as you clean it right away and let ingredients dry in it, which can damage the nonstick coating.
As for coffee, if you’re thinking of making whipped coffee recipe and want to use your Aeroccino to froth the coffee, you can do that, but there are things to keep in mind:
- Using instant coffee with cool water will make better results.
- Don’t use hot coffee or hot water, only room temperature liquid. Because the heating elements is designed to heat milk, using hot water or coffee while the Aeroccino heats it will lead to overheating of the device.
Pros and Cons of Nespresso Aeroccino
• Quick and easy to use.
• Perfectly froth any type of milk at the press of a button.
• Can be used for both hot or cold preparations.
- Only holds a single cup of milk at a time.
- Does not give you a lot of control over your milk froth (more froth settings, or temperature selections)
- You can’t add ingredients directly into the frother in the Aeroccino 3 and 4.
Is Nespresso Milk Frother Worth It
A Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother is an amazing accessory for anyone who loves milk-based drinks like lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, hot chocolate and more. It’s a quick and easy solution to make both cold and hot froth at the click of a button.
The Nespresso range of Aeroccino frothers come with various features and price points, so there’s something for everyone.
If you’re purchasing a new Nespresso machine, you can get the Aeroccino frother as a bundle and it will cost you a fraction of the price. So it’s always worth it to consider bundles when purchasing nespresso machines.
Whether you want a basic model or the high-tech Barista Recipe Maker, it’s worth considering if this type of device could make your coffee making experience even more enjoyable.
Of course, there are other options for milk frothing. That would include a hand frother, or an espresso machine with built-in frother such as the Lattissima or Creatista Plus.
Learn about the difference between froths you can create with these machines in these guides:
- Nespresso Aeroccino vs Lattissima – Is it better to buy a separate frother or machine with built-in frother
- Nespresso Aeroccino vs Steam Wand
If you don’t make milk based drinks, an Aeroccino milk frother isn’t something you need. But if you make lattes, cappuccino or iced coffee regularly, it makes a lot of sense to have one. You’ll truly enjoy it!