Aeroccino 3 vs. 4 – Which Nespresso Frother To Buy?
Nespresso’s Aeroccino milk frother is usually an add-on with many of their espresso machines like CitiZ, Pixie or Inissia. But it’s also available to buy individually. It’s an easy way to heat and prepare froth for any coffee drink recipe with a push of a button.
There are several models to the Aeroccino milk frother:
- Aeroccino Plus, which is now discontinued.
- Aeroccino 3, and;
- Aeroccino 4.
Since Aeroccino Plus is no longer available, we will compare the two available models, Aeroccino 3 vs. 4.
Let’s start with the features of Aeroccino 3:
- One touch operation for either hot or cold froth.
- Includes a single whisk that can be used for a dense froth or can be converted by removing the outer spring to make less frothy milk.
- Maximum capacity for milk froth is 120 ml
- Max capacity for hot milk is 240 ml.
- Teflon interior coating.
- Plastic exterior.
- Not dishwasher safe. Only rinse with water.
Features of Aeroccino 4:
- Stainless steel design with plastic handle for easier pouring.
- Detachable base features a button for each type of foam.
- Can prepare hot or cold froth.
- Choose from 3 hot foam types: dense, light or hot milk. And one cold froth.
- Ceramic interior coating.
- Dishwasher safe pitcher and attachments.
How Are They Different?
- Starting with the design, the Aeroccino 4 has a better quality design and finish. It has a stainless steel exterior instead of plastic, a ceramic coating instead of teflon, and it has a handle.
- Aeroccino 4 is finally dishwasher safe. This is the first time an Aeroccino became dishwasher safe. Aeroccino 3 is not dishwasher safe and cannot be submerged in water.
- Frothing options on the Aeroccino 4 are better, you can select the density for hot froth, select cold froth or just heat milk using the dedicated selection buttons. With the Aeroccino 3, there’s just a single button without additional selection.
Nespresso Aeroccino Compared To Other Brands:
Nespresso Aeroccino vs. Breville Milk Cafe:
Breville’s Milk Cafe is a personal favorite. Like everything else Breville does, this appliance excels at what it’s supposed to do. It has many features that we’re yet to see in a milk frother from other brands:
- First things first, the Breville frother is fully stainless steel. That’s exterior and interior. It’s more durable and there’s no risk of any coating peeling after a while of use.
- Instead of the usual pitcher that sit into an electric base, the Breville jug has zero electric parts in it. The base of the frother uses induction heating to transfer heat.
- You have full control over the temperature of your froth. Starting from cold stir, warm, 120F, 140F, 160F or over for really hot milk/froth.
- Breville knows that frothing milk isn’t just for coffee, so it allows you to add ingredients directly into the frother as it heats or whisks the milk. You can add chocolate shavings, syrups, green tea powder or anything you like.
- It has a large capacity of 750ml.
- Includes two whisks.
Nespresso Aeroccino vs. Secura Milk Frother:
The Secura Frother is a great budget friendly choice for a milk frother:
- It makes hot or cold froth. One button operation.
- Includes two whisks.
- Stainless steel exterior, Teflon interior.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
- Max capacity for froth: 125 ml, Max capacity for hot milk 250ml.
This model is more comparable to the Aeroccino 3 and nearly has the same features but at a more accessible price.