DeLonghi Dedica Deluxe EC685M vs. Dedica EC680M, What’s New?
We have already featured DeLonghi’s Dedica espresso maker on our site before. This espresso maker has been a favorite of ours, especially as a choice for beginners, since it packs a lot of great features without any of the complications.
DeLonghi has released an upgraded version of the Dedica, named the Dedica Deluxe EC685M. It looks identical to the Dedica, but it’s more expensive. So is there any new features that are worth the extra bucks? And if you already have a Dedica machine, is it worth it to upgrade?
Features of DeLonghi Dedica Deluxe EC685:
- 15-bar pressure espresso machine.
- Automatic flow stop, choose from a single or double shot, and the machine will dispense the exact right amount.
- Adjustable steam frother allows you to adjust the foam and steam level to create different milk styles for your desired coffee drink.
- Double removable drip tray allows you to accommodate different and taller cup sizes by removing the tray.
- Stainless steel housing.
- 35 oz removable water reservoir
- Very sleek and narrow design makes the machine very convenient to keep in any counter space.
- Available in variety of colors.
What Is The Difference Between DeLonghi Dedica and Dedica Deluxe?
There are two main differences that have been upgraded in the Dedica Deluxe:
The steam wand now has a switch that allows you to adjust the level of foam. You can also just heat the milk without foaming. This is a great option to have more control over your milk texture, even if you’re new to steaming milk.
The machine can now accommodate taller cup sizes, such as latte cups. This is thanks to the double drip tray, so you can remove two trays instead of one.
Should You Buy The Dedica Deluxe?
- If this is going to be your first Dedica, then it is certainly worth your consideration. Do keep in mind that it is more expensive than the Dedica model, which lacks the two upgrades mentioned above. If those upgrades are not important to you, then you’ll be just as happy with the Dedica EC680M.
- If you already own the Dedica EC680M, should you upgrade to the newer model? If your machine is still working and in great shape, we really don’t see the need for the upgrade. Your Dedica still has the best features of the machine, and you’re still getting the same drink quality, so it wouldn’t be worth it to upgrade.
Best DeLonghi Accessories To Buy With Your Espresso Machine:
DeLonghi Dedica Conical Burr Grinder:
We all know the perfect cup of coffee starts with the perfect grind. And Dedica Conical Burr Grinder was designed to make it as easy as possible for you to get the right grind for your cup of coffee. The Dedica grinder has 18 variable grind settings for different brew methods: espresso, drip coffee, pour over or french press, so it’s not just for your espresso needs. An LCD display makes it easy to adjust your settings and get the grind you need. And you have the option to grind right into a portafilter or the included jar.
Design wise, the grinder matches the Dedica espresso machine perfectly, so they’ll look beautiful setting on your counter top.
DeLonghi Frothing Pitcher:
One of the downsides of the Dedica machine is that it does not include a frothing pitcher. So it would be a good idea to purchase one with your machine. We recommend DeLonghi’s brushed stainless steel jug with 14 oz capacity, although, of course, any jug of your choice will do.
DeLonghi Double Walled Cups:
Coffee looks a lot better and enticing in double walled glasses and the floating effect they give your drink. Not only that, but double walled glasses hold the temperature of your drink, whether hot or cold, for a longer time. DeLonghi offers these beautiful glasses in many sizes for each coffee drink. Pictured above are the tall glasses for Lattes, sold in a set of 2.