As a popular beginner’s espresso maker, the DeLonghi Stilosa is often compared to many espresso machines from other brands.
These models are often picked as the first espresso machines for their ease of use. They are also preferred for being compact in size.
However, DeLonghi Stilosa excels in terms of features and value of money. While Cafe Roma is too expensive for the features it offers.
DeLonghi Stilosa vs Breville Cafe Roma
When it comes to design, both the DeLonghi Stilosa and Breville Cafe Roma have a sleek and modern look.
DeLonghi Stilosa has a plastic housing with some stainless steel accents. On the other hand, Breville Cafe Roma has a full stainless steel housing that is more durable and easier to maintain, not to mention, gives it a more expensive look at feel.
Design wise, Breville Cafe Roma wins.
Features and Usability
In terms of features, both DeLonghi Stilosa and Breville Cafe Roma are manual espresso machines with 15-bar pressure.
Stop flow of espresso extraction is manual, and so is milk frothing.
The control also uses the same style of dial knob on both machines.
Features wise, both machines are really identical.
There’s not much of a features set in these manual machines. Everything comes down to what you do and how you control it. You have to time your shot, and you have to learn how to froth your milk, when to start and when to stop.
Steam Wand and Milk Frothing
Like I just mentioned, the frothers on both DeLonghi and Breville are manual. However, there’s a slight design difference between them:
- DeLonghi Stilosa’s milk frother has some motion to it, but the tip which is used to handle the steam wand is quite small. You are not supposed to move the frother as you steam, but you’ll have to be careful of touching the steel while it’s still hot.
- Breville Cafe Roma has a useful plastic ring around the steam wand, which makes moving it really easily and safer even while the wand is still hot.
Either way, with this style of steam wands, which is quite short in length and jets too much air into the milk, you should expect your milk to be really thick and foamy. It’s hard to achieve a creamy texture using these steam wands.
The DeLonghi Stilosa is priced slightly lower than the Breville Cafe Roma, making it a more affordable option for those on a budget. However, the Breville Cafe Roma comes with a cup warming tray and a more durable stainless steel construction, which may be worth the extra cost for some users.
Overall, both the DeLonghi Stilosa and Breville Cafe Roma are great options for home baristas who are just starting out. It really comes down to personal preference and which features are most important to you.
DeLonghi Stilosa vs Breville Cafe Roma – Which Do You Pick?
I would say the DeLonghi Stilosa is a really good pick here and should be the one you buy, for several reasons:
It is the most popular manual espresso machine for beginners available for under $200.
That means two things:
It’s a really good machine for the price. Otherwise, it won’t be the most popular purchase.
If you ever needed help or guidance from other users, you’ll find a lot of people to ask!
Between DeLonghi and Breville, the features and capabilities are the same.
The only time you want to go for the Breville Cafe Roma instead, is if you really want a stainless steel housing instead of plastic. Otherwise, still to DeLonghi Stilosa.
Overview of DeLonghi Stilosa
Design and Build
The DeLonghi Stilosa is a sleek and stylish espresso machine for under $200. It has a compact design that won’t take up too much counter space, and it’s made from high-quality materials that are built to last. The machine is available in black and silver, so you can choose the color that best matches your kitchen decor.
Features and Functions
The DeLonghi Stilosa comes with everything you need to extract espresso and make your latte or cappuccino. It is quite simple to use:
- You get a single or double shot baskets. Pick whichever you like.
- Use your favorite pre-ground espresso coffee or use E.S.E pods to make your espresso.
- Use the frother to heat and froth you milk.
Everything is operated manually on the Stilosa. Dial the knob to start the espresso flow, the turn it again to stop it. Same goes for frothing.
Ease of Use
The DeLonghi Stilosa is incredibly easy to use, especially if you’re a beginner. It has a simple interface with clearly labeled buttons that make it easy to select the desired task. The machine also has a removable water tank and drip tray, which makes cleaning up a breeze.
The DeLonghi Stilosa is competitively priced and offers excellent value for money. It’s an affordable option for those who want to enjoy high-quality espresso drinks at home without breaking the bank. Of course, this is a basic espresso machine that lacks any advanced features, but it has everything you need to make a decent shot of espresso and learn about the world of espresso at home.
Pros and Cons of DeLonghi Stilosa
The DeLonghi Stilosa is a great espresso machine that comes with a lot of benefits. Here are some of the pros of the DeLonghi Stilosa:
- Compact design: The DeLonghi Stilosa is a compact machine that can fit in any kitchen. It is perfect for small spaces or apartments.
- Easy to use: The DeLonghi Stilosa is very easy to use. You can make a great cup of espresso in just a few minutes.
- Affordable: The DeLonghi Stilosa is an affordable espresso machine that is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a great cup of coffee without breaking the bank.
- Good quality: The DeLonghi Stilosa is a high-quality espresso machine that is built to last. It is made with high-quality materials that are designed to withstand daily use.
While the DeLonghi Stilosa has a lot of benefits, it also has some drawbacks. Here are some of the cons of the DeLonghi Stilosa:
- Limited features: The DeLonghi Stilosa is a basic espresso machine that doesn’t come with a lot of features. It’s manual, which means you’ll have to do a lot of timing and testing to get things right.
- Small water tank: The DeLonghi Stilosa has a small water tank that needs to be refilled frequently. This can be inconvenient if you want to make multiple cups of espresso.
Overview of Breville Cafe Roma
Design and Build
The Breville Cafe Roma has a sleek and compact design that will fit well in any kitchen. It has a stainless steel exterior that gives it a modern look. The machine is built with high-quality materials, making it durable and long-lasting. It has a removable drip tray and a removable water tank, which makes cleaning easy.
Features and Functions
The Breville Cafe Roma has a 15-bar pump that ensures a consistent extraction of espresso. Like the Stilosa, this is manual espresso machine that requires you do everything yourself. So there’s not much to control here.
Starting espresso extraction is as easy as turning the knob right. Then again to stop the flow when you dispensed enough coffee.
Same goes for the milk frothing. Select the steaming option and you’re ready to froth your milk.
The Breville Cafe Roma is moderately priced. It’s still under $200, which is great for an espresso machine of this quality of build.
Cafe Roma has real stainless steel housing, and not one of those ‘fake stainless steel looking plastic housing’ which a lot of espresso machines of this price range use.
Pros and Cons of Breville Cafe Roma
If you are in the market for a quality espresso machine, the Breville Cafe Roma is a great option. Here are some of the pros of this machine:
- Affordable: The Breville Cafe Roma is a relatively affordable espresso machine, making it a great option for those on a budget.
- Compact Design: This machine has a compact design, making it perfect for small kitchens or apartments.
- Easy to Use: The Breville Cafe Roma is easy to use, with simple and intuitive controls.
- Good for Beginners: If you are new to making espresso, the Breville Cafe Roma is a great machine to start with. It is straightforward and easy to use, making it a great option for beginners.
While the Breville Cafe Roma has many pros, there are also a few cons to consider before making your purchase:
- Limited Features: Compared to some other espresso machines on the market, the Breville Cafe Roma has limited features.
- Small Water Tank: The water tank on the Breville Cafe Roma is relatively small, meaning you will need to refill it more frequently than some other machines.
- Limited Customization: While the Breville Cafe Roma is easy to use, it does not offer a lot of customization options. This may be a downside for more experienced espresso makers who want more control over the brewing process.
Overall, the Breville Cafe Roma is a solid option for those looking for an affordable and easy-to-use espresso machine. While it may not have all the bells and whistles of some other machines, it gets the job done and produces quality espresso.