Review of Nespresso Gran Lattissima + Comparison with Lattissima Pro and Lattissima One
After the release of Lattissima One machine, the single-serve machine with single serve frother, too, Nespresso has now released a larger version of the machine called Gran Lattissima.
Gran Lattissima, a Nespresso by DeLonghi machine, is an OriginalLine machine with built-in milk frother. Unlike the Lattissima One, the milk frother is rather large, but that’s not the only thing that’s different… Read on to learn more about the Gran Lattissima features and how it compares to other Nespresso machines.
Features of Nespresso Gran Lattissima Espresso Machine:
- One-touch system: prepare your favorite espresso drink with a push of a button.
- Enjoy 9 preset options: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Caffe Latte, Flat White, Hot Milk and Hot Foam.
- Sliding drip tray allows you to accommodate cups of all sizes, tall or short.
- Milk frother features a self-rinsing feature to keep the frother clean after each use.
- Detachable milk frother allows you to store leftover milk in the fridge.
- Milk container is top rack dishwasher safe.
- Start up time: 25 seconds, extra 15 seconds for milk beverages.
- Milk jug capacity: 16.9 oz
- Water container capacity: 33.8 oz
- Capsule Compatibility: Compatible with all OriginalLine capsules for Nespresso.
Nespresso Gran Lattissima vs. Lattissima One, What’s The Difference?
- Silky white with cream accents
- Thermoblock heating element with 19 bars of pressure
- Make espresso, lungo, latte, cappuccinos, and more
- Milk jug with sensor that uses all milk in container
- 25 second heat up time
Gran Lattissima and Lattissima One share the same premium design. Apart from their different sizes, they look quite identical. But looks aside, how are they different features wise?
The main difference here is:
- Lattissima One is a small machine with a small milk frother (4.2 oz capacity). Its frother is designed to hold enough milk for a single use only, so you’ll fill the exact amount you need and refill at each use.
- On the other hand, Gran Lattissima has a full size milk frother (16.9 oz) that holds milk for multiple uses.
The other difference is the preset milk recipes:
- Lattissima One has 4 presets only: Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
- Gran Lattissima has 9 presets: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, caffe latte, flat white, hot milk and hot foam.
Nespresso Gran Lattissima vs. Nespresso Lattissima Pro, What’s The Difference?
- It's all about the foam: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- Nespresso capsule system: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Milk carafe capacity (l)- 16 ounce (.5 liter)
- Brings out more flavor: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- The perfect amount of milk: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.
- Rapid heat-up time: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds. Used capsule container: 15 capsules
The Lattissima Pro is another Nespresso by DeLonghi machine with features that are quite similar to Gran Lattissima. But similar as they may seem, there’s always a difference that we can spot:
- Lattissima Pro has 7 presets: Ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, warm milk and hot water.
- So it’s missing the caffe latte, flat white and hot foam options that Gran Lattissima has, but on the plus side, it has hot water on demand which is perfect for Americanos (espresso + hot water) or for preparing tea or instant meals.
- Milk jugs of both machine have the same capacity: 16.9oz
- Water reservoir capacity of the Lattissima Pro is about 44 oz and Gran Lattissima is 33.8 oz.
- The milk frother on the Lattissima Pro allows you to adjust the density of the foam. Gran Lattissima’s frother doesn’t have this option.
- Lattissima Pro has a really sleek design with brushed aluminum finish, LCD display, touch buttons and backlight indicators.
- Gran Lattissima has an elegant design that combines gloss and matte finishes along with some stainless steel accents and a glass touch panel. It’s available in black or white.
Gran Lattissima vs. Lattissima Touch:
- The perfect creamy latte: one button and one capsule - that's all it takes to enjoy a barista-style latte in seconds. Only by de'longhi
- 6 one-touch recipes: simple one-touch button for Coffee and milk lovers to prepare creamy latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, Warm milk, perfect Espresso or Coffee
- Made in Italy: the lattissima touch's sleek Italian craftsmanship looks fantastic in any kitchen
- Advanced milk frother by de'longhi: an automatic frother creates rich, long-lasting, creamy foam
- Practical design: sliding drip tray for different cup or glass sizes, removable milk container with rinsing function, illuminated buttons. Input power (W): 1400
Lattissima Touch is another popular option for a Nespresso machine with a built-in milk frother. Much like other Lattissima models, it includes several presets for preparing your favorite coffee drinks with a push of a button:
- Lattissima Touch has 6 presets: espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, caffe latte and hot foam. So no flat white, ristretto or hot milk presets that are in the Gran Lattissima.
- Milk jug capacity in Lattissima Touch is about 11 oz (vs. 16.9oz of Gran Lattissima)
- Water reservoir capacity in Lattissima Touch is 50oz compares to Gran Lattissima’s 33.8 oz.
- Lattissima Touch has a milk frother similar to Lattissima Pro’s which features a knob to adjust milk foam density.