Breville Oracle Touch vs. Oracle, Which Of These Is Right For You?
Breville has always been a maker of premium espresso machines that give you professional coffee quality, yet it’s accessible and user-friendly for beginners. Breville’s Oracle Touch is just that, it has the look and feel of a professional manual espresso machine but without the complications that might intimidate a home-user or a beginner.
Breville Oracle Touch Automatic Espresso Machine:
- Automated touch screen operation shows you how to make your favorite coffee house drinks.
- Easily adjust coffee strength, the milk texture and temperature to your preferred taste.
- Customize your favorite drinks and save them under unique names.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with automatic grinding and dosing.
- Precise water temperature using digital temperature control technology to ensure the water remains at its optimum range.
- Optimal Water Pressure thanks to OPV (Over Pressure Valve), which is a commercial feature of the Oracle Touch. OPV is used to limit the maximum pressure when the coffee is being extracted. This prevents the espresso shot from turning bitter.
- Steam wand automatically textures milk as you request it to. It also has automatic self-cleaning feature to keep it clean and ready for next use.
- Touch screen operation.
- 5 Customizable coffee drinks: espresso, long black, latte, flat white and cappuccino.
- Automatic milk foaming and texturing.
- Stainless steel Dual boilers.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with half pound (1/2 LB) capacity.
- Dedicated hot water dispenser.
- Water tank capacity: 84 oz
- Full stainless steel housing.
- 58mm Portafilter.
- Shot timer to display shot extraction duration as a guide.
The Touch Screen:
This is by far the most exciting part of the Breville Oracle Touch. It is the part that truly simplifies the process of making your favorite espresso and coffee drinks. The touch screen is a colored display that shows you icons identifying each coffee drink your Breville machine can make. Select the drink you want to make and from there, the screen will give you step by step direction on how to customize it, and will finally prepare it for you. You can also save your customized drinks under any name you want.
Automatic Milk Texturing:
Cappuccino and Latte is probably one of the most popular coffee drinks around the world. But making a coffee-house quality Cappuccino and Latte isn’t easy. This is because these drinks rely heavily on how the milk is textured and at how temperature it is heated. With the Breville Oracle Touch, all of these things are done for you automatically! Select the type of froth, texture you need and your desired temperature, place the jug under the steam wand and watch it do its thing! After the task is done, the steam wand will clean itself automatically, too.
Automatic Grinding, Tamping and Dosing:
You really can’t go wrong with a machine like Oracle Touch. With automatic grinding and dosing, the machine will use the built-in grinder to grind the perfect amount of coffee for your drink. This way, you know you’re grinding the right amount at the right level, and your shot will come perfect every time!
Breville Oracle Touch is the perfect choice for anyone who wants an automatic espresso machine but with the customization a manual machine can offer.
Breville Oracle Touch BES990 vs. Oracle BES980XL, What’s The Difference?
Another great espresso machine by Breville is the Oracle. A machine that also automates the hardest part about making quality coffee drinks at home. It has automatic grinding/dosing as well as automatic milk texturing and foaming. So how is it different than the Oracle Touch?
- The biggest difference here is that the Oracle lacks the touch pad that Oracle Touch has. On the Oracle, you can’t select a drink, there’s no walk-through of how to prepare your drink and no way to save customized drinks.
- When it comes to customization of milk texture and temperature on the Oracle, you’ll see a small display next to the steam wand that shows you the temperature and texture level, which you can change and select using a dial button.
Other than that, you get the same specs on both machines:
- Same conical burr grinder with half a pound capacity.
- 84 oz water reservoir.
- 58mm portafilter.
- Over Pressure Value, Pre-infusion function, Triple heat system.
- Stainless steel dual boiler.
- Hot water dispenser.
Which Do You Buy? Breville Oracle Touch or Oracle?
For starters, there’s a rather big difference in price between the Oracle Touch and Oracle. So, your budget might dictate which one you will choose. But assuming there’s no budget to think of, here’s how to pick between the two:
- The Oracle Touch is a lot easier to use. The display will walk you through each step of making your drink to simplify the process even more. And if you’re a fan of customization: as in changing the volume of coffee/milk, texture, temperature, The Oracle Touch allows you to save these settings under names you choose. So next time you want to make the same customized drink, it’s just one click away.
- The Breville Oracle on the other hand, takes two of the hardest things from manual espresso prepping and automates it, and that is: coffee grinder/dosing and milk texturing. But there’s no walk through of each drink, so preparing each drink and how you customize it is up to you every time. What the machine does for you is grind, dose, tamp and texture the milk to your taste.
The owner of this website, , is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking Super-Espresso.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.