Top of the Line, High-End Superautomatic Espresso Machines Worth Buying
We’ve covered many superautomatic espresso machines that range between the price of just under a $1000 to over $2000. The machines we’re covering today are even more high-end, more extravagant and cost even more! Many people wonder, are super-automatic espresso machines really worth it? And what makes an espresso machine worth such a price tag?
Why Can a Superautomatic Espresso Machine Cost Over $3000?
If you’re wondering if paying $3000 or more on an espresso machine is an overkill or not, the answer can be either yes or no. If you’re ready to pay that much for an espresso machine, make sure they include at least a few of these features:
- Customizable profiles: make sure the machine can set and save customization options for different individuals.
- Fully customizable coffee strength, coffee grind, milk foam… etc.
- A COLOR LCD display screen to customize and program your machine.
- Individual buttons for each coffee drinks (Coffee, espresso, Latte, Macchiato, Cappuccino…)
- Automatic cleaning options.
These options set low-cot super-automatic espresso machines from high-end espresso machines. But are they worth it? It’s always good to keep in mind that these machines can last a lifetime, they’re just built that way. They also save you a LOT on coffee expenses. So if you can put up the initial investment, this can be a luxury that will pay for itself overtime.
Best Top of the Line, High-End Superautomatic Espresso Machines:
Philips Saeco RI9946/47 Xelsis Digital ID Automatic Espresso Machine:
- Saves up to 6 individual profiles.
- Uses finger print technology to store and ID all settings for individual users.
- Each profile can save up to 9 customized drinks: customize strength, temperature, length and milk foam density.
- Superautomatic espresso machine with wide color display.
- Fully programmable settings and coffee drinks.
- Detachable milk carafe.
- Automatic milk frothing dispenses froth right into the cup.
See it in action:
DeLonghi PrimaDonna Exclusive ESAM 6900M:
- DeLonghi’s newest masterpiece with fully programmable functions and hot chocolate function.
- Individual one-touch options for coffee drinks like Cappuccino, Latte, Coffee, Espresso, Macchiato and Hot Milk.
- Large wide color screen for easy machine control.
- Saves up to 6 individual profiles.
- Long coffee options replicates drip coffee.
- Makes authentic Italian hot chocolate with a touch of a button.
- Ability to adjust everything from grind, coffee strength, and even milk foam density.
See how it works: (Video is not in English but it demonstrates how the machine works well)
DeLonghi Prima Donna Exclusive vs. Prima Donna S, What’s The Difference?
This is the DeLonghi Prima Donna S Deluxe, which is another version of the Prima Donna Exclusive featured above, sold at a less price range. What is the difference between them?
- To start, Prima Donna S lacks the interactive large screen of the PrimaDonna Exclusive and replaces it with a small text display.
- Using the PrimaDonna S, you can program your drinks, but you can’t save individual profiles.
- Pre-set drinks on the PrimaDonna S is Cafe Latte, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato and Milk. On the PrimaDonna Exclusive, additionally you’ll get: Hot Chocolate and Long (which is regular black coffee).
Are These Super Automatic Espresso Makers Worth It?
Looking at the features of these overly expensive superautomatics, you can tell they mostly do what other less expensive automatic espresso makers do. So, what makes them special enough to pay more money for?
Where they differ from other super automatics is:
- The large displays, which most of the time make programming your machine and customizing your drink a much easier task.
- Customizable profiles: this is an important thing if the machine is going to be used by a number of users. This way, under each profile, each user can save their favorite customization without having to do it over and over at every brew.
- Pre-set drink buttons: this isn’t the most important thing, but it’s a convenience some people are willing to pay for. If your favorite drink is available as a pre-set, then all you have to do really is push that button for a perfect cup of your favorite coffee.
So, is it worth it?
This is certainly up to the user to decide. If these extra features are important to you, then you’ll feel like it’s worth it. Otherwise, there are many less expensive super automatics that are just as good, but without the extra bells and whistles.