What Is a Pump Espresso Machine?
A pump espresso machine features a motor-driven pump that creates the force necessary to extract a good shot of espresso. As opposed to a steam espresso machine, which has a reservoir where water is boiled then steam is used to extract the espresso, a pump espresso machine has more power to create a much better shot of espresso rather than the light coffee-like brew a steam machine produces.
Most espresso machines nowadays are pump-driven, as they are much better than other type of machines. While they do cost more than a steam machine, the price difference isn’t major and you’re better off paying more for better quality and durability. In this post, we’re highlighting the best pump espresso machines that won’t cost you anything more than $200.
Best Pump Espresso Machines Under $200:
DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker:
- Stainless steel built which gives it durability and easy maintaining and cleaning.
- Use coffee ground or ESE pod.
- Patented Cappuccino System steam wand which mixes steam and milk to create the perfect milk froth.
- Self priming operation for quick start-up.
- Two separate thermostats allows for steam and water to be controlled individually, which gives you the perfect temperature for coffee.
- Read our comparison between the DeLonghi EC702 and Breville Cafe Roma and DeLonghi EC702 vs Cuisinart EM-100
KRUPS XP601050 Manual Pump Espresso Machine:
- Full stainless steel housing.
- Stainless steel boiler.
- 50 ounce removable water tank with front access for easy level monitoring.
- steam wand for milk frothing, also doubles as a hot water dispenser.
- Use coffee ground or ESE pods.
- Includes a double-sided coffee scoop and tamper.
Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine:
- Stainless steel thermoblock heating system.
- 46 ounce removable water tank.
- Swivel steam wand.
- Light indicators, easy switch dial for coffee or steam options.
Cuisinart EM-100 1000-Watt 15-Bar Espresso Maker:
- Stainless steel housing with some plastic parts.
- 53 ounce removable water tank.
- Steam wand.
- Frothing cup and tamping tool included.
- Use ground coffee or ESE pods.
DeLonghi ECO310BK 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Machine:
- Dual function filter, use ground coffee or pods.
- self-priming operation eliminates start up time.
- steam wand, removable water tank.
- Patented Cappuccino System frothing by DeLonghi.
- Separate thermostats for steam pressure and water control.
Prices, or budget indicated is valid as of the time of writing the post. Prices may change without notice. Kindly visit ‘Learn More’ links provided above to see the latest prices.