The Best Ways To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home Using Espresso/Nespresso or K-Cups
Pumpkin Spice Latte is a popular seasonal drink from Starbucks that they usually start serving at the start of Fall. Delicious as it may be, many fans of the coffee drink don’t realize that they actually can make their Pumpkin Spice Latte at home, and it can turn out to be even BETTER than Starbucks’. Making your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home will save you a lot of Dollars as well as calories as you’ll know exactly what you’re putting into your drink. And the best part is, you’ll be able to do it any time of the year whenever you crave it!
Since Pumpkin Spice Latte is authentically made with an espresso, you will need an espresso machine to make it. However, if you don’t own an espresso machine, there are some other ways to get the same flavor using coffee. Read on…
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte With an Espresso or Nespresso Machine:
If you’ve owned an espresso machine for a while (traditional or single-serve like Nespresso) you probably know how to make a latte by now. If you don’t, it’s basically a shot of espresso with steamed milk. Now it’s only the matter of adding the right ingredients to turn your latte into Pumpkin Spice Latte. And there are a few ways to do it:
Using Pumpkin Pie Spice:
What you’ll need is:
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 teaspoons of honey
– Mix the pumpkin pie spice with the honey until fully blended.
– Prepare a shot of Espresso.
– Pour the espresso shot with the honey/spice mix into a cup and mix them together. Add the steamed milk.
– Optional: Top the drink with whipped cream and caramel.
This method has the least artificial flavoring and less calories than other method (not counting the whipped cream and caramel that you might add).
Using a Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
This will only require you to get a bottle of Pumpkin Spice coffee syrup, we highly recommend Amoretti’s Pumpkin Pie Syrup for its high reviews from many customers. What you’ll do is:
– Add one pump of Pumpkin Spice Syrup to your latte glass.
– Prepare latte as usual: pour in the hot steamed milk and shot of espresso.
– Top with Whipped cream and sauce if desired.
Using Pumpkin Spice Sauce:
If you’d prefer to use a sauce instead, what you’ll need to do is:
– Steam your milk for the latte.
– Mix in the sauce with the steamed milk.
– Then add a shot of espresso.
Mixing the sauce with the milk ensures you get the best flavor.
Still Don’t Have an Espresso Machine? Here Are a Few Suggestions:
- Best Nespresso Machines for Cappuccinos and Lattes.
- Best Espresso Machines for Latte and Cappuccinos.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte With a Keurig K-Cup Brewer:
If you have a Keurig K-Cup brewer at home, you have a few options to create your Pumpkin Spice coffee:
You can buy Pumpkin Spice flavored Coffee and Cappuccino, which are all already flavored and ready for you to enjoy…
This is a single-serve of Pumpkin Spice flavored Cappuccino by Grove Square. The K-Cup already contains everything you need, you’ll simply hit the brew button on it and enjoy.
This K-Cup by Green Mountain is Pumpkin Spice Coffee (as in brewed black coffee). You can simply add milk to it and you’ll get something very close to a PSL.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Latte Without An Espresso Machine:
If you don’t own an espresso machine, you’re left with the option of making Pumpkin Spice Cafe Au Lait (coffee with milk). It doesn’t taste exactly like a PSL, but it’s just as delicious. This method will only require you to have a regular coffee maker, as well as any of the ingredients we listed at the beginning of the post.
- Prepare your cup of coffee.
- Heat your milk and lightly whisk it using a handled frother.
- Mix in your Pumpkin Spice flavor using any of the methods we mentioned: using pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin spice syrup or pumpkin spice sauce.
Here are a few recipes you can follow that use actual Pumpkin in it:
- Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte on Instructable.
- Taste of Home Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Simple Dish’s Pumpkin Spice Cafe Au Lait.