Review of the Sherwood SMF-1000R Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer for Cappuccinos and Lattes
We’ve covered many great electric milk frothers in previews posts, like here. We’ve just noticed a new milk frother by Sherwood that we thought we’d add to the list..
Features of the Sherwood SMF-1000R Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer:
- Electric automatic milk frother and warmer.
- Prepares hot and cold milk froth with a touch of a button.
- Includes one disc that works at different speeds to create different froth volumes at your request.
- Removable stick and non-stick surface for easy cleaning.
- Auto shut-off
- 250ml capacity
- Available in 4 color combinations.
With a simple push of a button, the frother can either heat or froth the milk for a creamy latte or a foamy cappuccino. You can also choose from hot or cold froth. Unlike other frothers, the Sherwood frother does not include different whisks that you need to switch for different froth types, it includes only whisk but works at different speeds to deliver the same result.
How It’s Used:
- Inside the frother, you’ll find indicators of how much milk you should pour in (min and max capacity).
- Press the button once to froth hot milk
- Press the button twice to heat milk.
- Hold the button until it illuminates Blue to prepare cold froth.
Sherwood vs. Secura Milk Frother, Which Is Best to Buy?
Overall, the Sherwood makes an excellent milk frother, but in comparison, the Secura is a much better choice for different reasons:
- For the same capacity of 250ml, you can save around $30.
- It’s fully stainless steel, making it more durable and easier to clean on the outside.
- Vacuum insulation keeps the temperature of the milk.
The Secura does come with two whisks instead of one. It’s also available in 500ml capacity.