Review of KRUPS EA8442 Falcon Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
German brand KRUPS has a lot of great fully automatic espresso makers under its name, many we’ve already featured: The Espresseria, the Barista One Touch, and the XP9000 Coffee Center… just to name a few. In this post, we’ll be talking about yet another fantastic creation by KRUPS, the Falcon EA84 full-auto espresso maker.
Features of the KRUPS Falcon Espresso Machine:
- One-touch, fully automatic espresso and coffee maker.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with adjustable grind settings.
- Color touch screen for simple use and programing.
- Patented compact thermoblock system with 15-bar pressure.
- Automatic frothing system allows you to adjust the froth density to your liking.
- Height adjustable spout accommodates cup of all sizes.
- 1.7 Liter (57 oz) water reservoir.
- 8.8 oz (250g) bean hopper capacity.
- Coffee puck (used coffee ground) container holds up to 12 pucks before need to discard.
Who Should Buy the KRUPS Falcon Automatic Espresso Maker?
An automatic espresso maker like the KRUPS Falcon is a fantastic addition to any home where coffee enthusiasts live. If you’re a lover of fine coffee and gourmet coffee drinks like Cappuccinos and Lattes and find yourself spending too much money on your local cafe, a machine like this would cost you upfront, but will save you a lot of money on the long run.
With a press of a button, and within a minute, you’ll be able to enjoy a cup of specialty coffee without the hard work of preparing one. The machine automatically measures the correct amount of beans required for your drink, grinds them on the spot and turns it into coffee. You’ll have to option to tune your drink as you want: fine or coarse grind, bold or light taste, dense creamy foam or light smooth froth. It’s your coffee, you’ll have it as you like!
The KRUPS Falcon isn’t only a luxury, but a true convenient addition to your home that will save you a lot of coffee trips and money. If that’s something you’d like, then this is the machine to buy.
KRUPS EA84 Falcon vs. EA8250 Espresseria, What’s The Difference?
Image Feature Patented brewing chamber is engineered for superior heat transfer and has a single thermostat to deliver constant heat
After each brewing, excess water discharges automatically to the drip tray; automatic rinsing, cleaning and descaling programs
LCD display, central "one touch" button; precise settings allow the user the preparation of a "tailor made" cup of coffee
1.8-liter water tank with empty water tank detection, 275 gram bean capacity; removable drip tray with integrated floater; removable cake container
Includes Krups XS6000 Autu-cappuccino system, F088 water flitration system, XS3000 cleaning tablet, F054 descaling powder and krups xs4000 liquid cleaner for milk systems which helps clean the steam/frothing nozzle on your espresso machines
Revolutionary compact Thermoblock system with a powerful 15 bar high pressure pump
Color touch screen for easy selection of drinks and beverage customization including ristretto
Metallic conical burr grinder with manual knob to adjust coffee grind size and large 1.7 Liter (58 oz.)
Exclusive latte tray and adjustable coffee outlet to accommodate different cup sizes
Removable coffee ground collector and water tank with integrated handle; auto-on and auto-off features; auto-cappuccino accessory
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
The Espresseria is somewhat an older version of the Falcon. Although they share many similar features, the Falcon has a few upgraded features:
Display and Controls:
- The Espresseria has a black/white LCD with dial control.
- The Falcon has a color touch-screen where you do all the programming.
- Espresseria allows for manual frothing using the steam wand.
- With the Falcon, you can either froth the milk manually or use the included auto-frothing accessory. You can also adjust the density of the froth.
Water Tank and Bean Hopper Capacity:
- The Espresseria has a slightly larger water tank capacity of 1.8 L and larger bean hopper of 275 g capacity.
- The Falcon has a 1.7 L water tank and 250 g bean hopper.
As you can see, the differences aren’t major to be honest. The two machines produce the same quality of coffee, but easy of use that the Falcon provides is more likely to provide you with a better experience.
Watch Video Reviews of the KRUPS Falcon and Espresseria Espresso Makers: