Fully automatic bean to cup espresso machines have always been a great option that deliver convenience and high quality. However, at some point, they were limited to making espresso drinks only.
DeLonghi’s Dinamica does not limit you to espresso drinks only. In fact, it can make drip-style coffee as well as iced coffee, all with a push of a button.
Features of DeLonghi Dinamica Fully Automatic Coffee and Espresso Machine:
- Bean to cup coffee maker with built-in steel conical burr grinder and push button recipes.
- Italian 15 bar pump with fast 40 seconds heat up time.
- TrueBrew process for delivering smooth iced coffee that’s not watered down.
- Coffee brewed using low pressure to produce drip-style long coffee.
- Choose from 5 coffee strength and 13 grind settings.
- Integrated adjustable milk frother allows you to adjust the foam level.
- Simple to clean machine with removable brew unit and dishwasher safe drip tray.
- Bean container capacity: 10.6 oz
- Water reservoir capacity: 60 oz.
What Is TrueBrew Process and What Does It Do?
TrueBrew is what sets this machine from other fully automatic models. TrueBrew makes your iced coffee strong enough that it doesn’t take watered down once the ice starts melting.
What it does is it grinds a higher dosage of coffee, it pre-infuses the coffee for a longer time so you get a more concentrated cup, it brews a longer shot of espresso and it does it at a lower temperature.
DeLonghi Dinamica with Truebrew vs. Dinamica with LatteCrema
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- From beans to latte, in a single touch. Espresso Made Right
- 18 espresso and specialty coffee recipes, with a simple touch of a button, including latte, cappuccino, macchiato, espresso, iced coffee, ristretto, flat white and more
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 13 settings for always freshly ground coffee, for any beans of your choice
- Automatic and adjustable milk frothing from the proprietary LatteCrema System for perfectly textured lattes and cappuccinos; works with oat, soy and rice milk
The Dinamica with LatteCrema System has two major differences:
To start, this model has a built-in automatic milk frothing system. The milk container holds your cold milk and will automatically heat, froth and dispense the milk into your cup. You can use any type of milk or milk alternative you want. However, results will vary depending on the type of milk you use.
Thanks to the automatic frothing system, the machine comes with a full drink menu where you can prepare your favorite drink with a press of a button. On the control panel, you’ll find buttons for drinks like cappuccino, latte, iced coffee. You can also access additional recipes and customize them using the Drink Menu and My Menu buttons.
So, with the Dinamica, you’re manually measuring and frothing your milk. With the Dinamica LatteCrema, the machine will measure and froth milk for you according to each recipe, which you can customize to your liking.
Also, the milk frother is adjustable. So you can adjust the density of your froth and foam. The milk container is removable, so any leftover milk can be stored in the fridge for later use.
Can The LatteCrema System Be Purchased Separately?
If you already have a Dinamica and wondering if you can buy the LatteCrema system on its own, unfortunately, it cannot be done. It would not be compatible with the machine and will not work.
DeLonghi Dinamica vs. Magnifica, What’s The Difference?
Magnifica is one of DeLonghi’s most popular lines of automatic espresso machines. It’s hard to compare it to Dinamica as the Magnifica line has a lot of machines that vary greatly in features and price.
But I tried finding the most comparable Magnifica to the Dinamica, in price range at least, and the Magnifica Smart seems to be it. So here’s how they compare:
The biggest difference between these two machine are:
The Magnifica Smart does not have TrueBrew over-ice setting. Does that mean you can’t make iced coffee using it? No, of course not. You can make your iced coffee using any machine. The difference would be that you’ll have to balance a good shot that would still taste good even when your ice starts melting. And since the Magnifica does not have TrueBrew to use lower temperature for brewing over ice, your ice will probably start melting quicker if you choose to brew over ice using a regular brewing option.
If you drink a lot of iced coffee, I highly recommend you go for the Dinamica instead of Magnifica.
The second difference is the frother style. This model of Magnifica uses a built-in milk frothing dispenser, which means the machine will automatically froth and dispense the right amount of milk for your selected recipe. And since the machine does that, you’ll find a recipe button for milk based drinks like Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato. On the other hand, the Dinamica has a steam wand, so you’ll be frothing the milk manually.