Philips Saeco Odea Go Full Automatic Espresso Machine
The Philips Saeco Odea is one of the few reliable super-automatic machines you’ll find priced under $500. While it may lack some of the features of some the higher end models, it still works just as wonderful without breaking your budget.
- Built-in ceramic grinder – which means it will never rust.
- Adjustable grind strength.
- Stainless steel boiler.
- Pannarello frothing wand (also known as turbo-froth wand) which makes it super easy to create creamy froth.
- Frothing wand doubles as a hot water dispenser.
- Adjustable drip tray. Removable water tank for easy refilling.
But here’s where the machine lacks, although it is not a major issue for many people, it does explain the price difference between it and more expensive super-autos:
- It’s a single boiler machine, which means you won’t be able to extract espresso and steam/froth milk at the same time. There’s a wait between the two tasks.
- No programmable settings. Though you can choose your grind settings and strength of your coffee, you can’t program and save your settings.
Other than those two points, the Saeco Odea Go is an excellent super-automatic that will prepare delicious fresh coffee drinks without breaking the bank.
What Is The Difference Between the Saeco Odea Go vs. the Saeco Talea Giro Plus?[apc id=”8″]
The Saeco Talea Giro Plus is newer and more powerful than the Odea Go Full. Both have similar basic features like a quiet and consistent built-in ceramic grinder, milk frother, hot water dispenser, same water tank capacity (57 oz – around 1.6 Liters).
The difference between the two machines is in the following:
- The Odea Go allows you to adjust the volume of the coffee from espresso, lungo and long. The Talea Giro Plus does the same in addition to allowing you to adjust the aroma (how strong/light the coffee is).
- With the Talea Giro Plus you can use pre-ground coffee. The Odea does not have a bypass doser for pre-ground coffee.
- The Talea Giro Plus includes the SBS (Saeco Brewing System) option which adjusts the fullness of the coffee brew.