If you’ve been thinking about getting into luxurious world of at home espresso by Nespresso but found the prices to be out of your budget, here’s some good news! You can still get most of what the newest Nespresso machines get you, for less the price with the Essenza C91. So read on to see how the Essenza is different than the Nespresso U, Pixie or CitiZ and decide if you’re willing to give up a few small features to save some money.
How the Nespresso Essenza Is Different Than Other Nespresso Machines?
We’ve already covered many other Nespresso machines before (see here for a comparison between U, Pixie and CitiZ). For starters, the Nespresso Essenza is one of the earliest Nespresso machine models, so naturally, it lacks some of the new features. That shouldn’t be a deal breaker for everyone though.
Here are some of the feature differences:
- The Essenza’s pre-heat time is 60 seconds, while other models preheat in as fast as 25 seconds.
- While other Nespresso machines have automatic coffee volume control, the Essenza uses manual controls. If you refer to the photo above, you’ll notice it has only two buttons, the switch button and a coffee button which you’ll manually use to adjust your preferred coffee volume. Other Nespresso machines have automatic volume control (espresso button and lungo button), and they’re all adjustable to your taste as well.
- The Essenza’s water tank is 30 oz, which is actually a higher capacity that Pixie’s and U’s water tank. The largest water tank so far goes to the CitiZ, which is at 34 oz.
- Newer Nespresso machines also feature different light indicators for empty water tank, full capsules drawer and descale indication, all of which the Essenza lacks.
- Essenza is available in Black only. Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ all available in many different color choices.
Should You Buy The Nespresso Essenza Or Get a Newer Model?
If you’re on a budget, then the Essenza is definitely a great choice. Of course, you’ll be giving up a few features and conveniences, but you’ll still get the same delicious coffee other Nespresso machines make. If you can stretch your budget a bit more, then your second best choice (price wise and feature wise) would be the Nespresso U, which is top of the line and still considerably lower in price than other machines.
Nespresso Essenza or Inissia, Which Should You Get?
If you should compare any Nespresso machine to the Essenza, it should be Inissia. As of early January 2015, the Inissia came as a replacement to the Essenza. It features major design improvement, as you can see from the pic, it’s much more attractive in design that the Essenza. You can see how the two compare to each other by visiting this post.
How To Use The Essenza Machine:
This video shows you how manual the Essenza is, and how relatively slow it is to start up. We highly recommend the Inissia over it, as it’s much better and at the same price.