Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse vs. Cafe Barista: What’s The Difference Between Them?
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista has been a favorite among many people who want an automatic machine that’s budget-friendly, user friendly and allows you to tweak your recipes, too. Mr Coffee has released an improved version of the popular machine, the One-Touch CoffeeHouse espresso and Cappuccino maker. In this post, I will highlight the features of the new coffee maker, how it compared to the older version and if it’s worth a buy.
Features of the Mr Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso and Cappuccino Maker:
- 19-bar Italian pump.
- One-touch controls delivers the perfect cup of coffee with a single push of a button.
- No pods required. Use your favorite coffee ground to craft your delicious coffee drinks.
- Use pre-set buttons or select manual settings to create your drink to your liking.
- Brew a single or double shots of espresso at a time.
- Select from two Cappuccino options, two Latte options, two programmable options, a manual/espresso option and froth.
- Integrated removable milk reservoir automatically heats, froths and adds the milk to your cup. With adjustable froth settings.
- Milk tank capacity is 650ml. Left-over milk can be stored in the fridge by removing the tank and placing it directly in the fridge.
- Adjustable cup tray can accommodate taller cups up to 10″ tall.
How Is Mr Coffee CoffeeHouse Different Than Mr Coffee Cafe Barista?
This is the Mr Coffee Cafe Barista. As you can see, at first glance, there’s little to no difference in the way the look. But there’s certainly some upgrades and differences between the two models:
- The One-Touch CoffeeHouse is designed to be taller, which means: it can accommodate taller cups, up to 10″ tall if you remove the cup tray.
- The One-Touch CoffeeHouse has more options. You get two pre-sets for each drink (cappuccino, latte or espresso), you also get additional manual options to customize each drink.
- On both models, the milk frother is integrated, removable and has the option to adjust the froth level. Capacity wise, it is 650ml in the CoffeeHouse model and 450ml in the Cafe Barista model.
- The CoffeeHouse model can make a single or double shot at a time. It can also hold two cups at the same time. With the Cafe Barista, you can do one or two shots at the same time, but you can’t fit two cups on the tray.
Some technical differences:
- The CoffeeHouse now has three thermos couples compared to two in the Cafe Barista. This means better temperature control and more consistent espresso extraction results.
- The pump on the CoffeeHouse model is 19-bars vs. 15 bars in the Cafe Barista model. But to be fair, this will hardly make a real difference to you as a user.
Image Title Mr. Coffee One-Touch CoffeeHouse Espresso Maker and Cappuccino Machine Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, Red Feature 19-Bar Italian pump delivers ideal pressure to extract robust coffee flavors
Easy 1-button interface takes the guesswork out of controlling the espresso maker
Select single or double shots of espresso with a simple one-button press
Thermocouple heating system evenly heats the water for piping-hot drinks
Automatic milk frother whips any milk into a light, creamy froth
Removable milk reservoir is easy to fill, clean and store leftover milk in the fridge
Cup tray adjusts to conveniently fit tall and short mugs
Semi-automatic 3-in-1 espresso, cappuccino and latte maker
15-bar pump system brews rich-tasting espresso coffee
Trouble-free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
One-touch control panel for drink selections; Creates single and double servings
Easy-fill, removable water and milk reservoirs; Programmed cleaning cycle
Cord length: 26 Inches & Watts: 1040
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Should You Upgrade From Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista To The Newer Model?
Although the One-Touch CoffeeHouse model does have some advantages to the Cafe Barista, like a larger milk tank, more pre-sets, better space for cup accommodation, it’s not necessarily a reason to upgrade unless these are features you really need. Either machine will give you a great cup of coffee. But if, for example, you need to make more cups faster, you’ll find that the fact that you can fit two cups in the drip tray instead of just one a very useful feature. The larger milk tank also means less refilling as it’s large enough to make 6 cappuccinos or 3 lattes.