KRUPS’ XP line of espresso machines make a great addition to a beginner’s kitchen. The machines are built of stainless steel housing with few plastic parts, making it of great quality.
General Features of KRUPS XP Espresso Machine:
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- Thermoblock heating system provides ideal and consistent temperature.
- Portafilter with universal basket that can hold coffee ground or e.s.e pods.
- Precision tamping feature: the machine will do the tamping depending on your choice of coffee (single, double or e.s.e pod)
- Steam wand for heating and frothing milk
- Cup warming tray on top.
What’s The Difference Between KRUPS XP5280 & XP5240?
There is one functional difference between the two machines:
- The KRUPS XP5280 has auto flow stop for brewing. This means that you can program it to save your desired volume for your espresso shot.
- The XP5240 does not have this feature.
Which brings us to the design difference…
- The XP5280 has push buttons, this makes the option to program the auto-flow easy by continuing to press until you’ve got your desired volume.
- On the other hand, the XP5240 uses dial knobs to go from brewing to steam function or to stop the flow.
Watch It In Action:
How To Use the KRUPS XP5280:
How To Use the KRUPS XP5240:
Which One Is Best To Buy?
We highly recommend the KRUPS XP5280 over the XP5240:
- The programmable volumes are quite handy and makes coffee brewing more convenient.
- It has received more positive reviews from customers than the XP5240.
Looking for Entry-Level Beginners Machines? Here are Some Recommendations:
- Best Espresso Machines For Beginners.
- Gaggia Baby Twin and Classic Espresso Machines
- Espresso Machines Under $200.
- Espresso Machines Under $100