It’s no secret that we’re big fans of Jura’s superautomatic espresso machines. Leaders in their domain, Jura make the best coffee machines that do it all with a push of a button. Our post here is dedicated to two of Jura’s high-end models: Jura Giga 5 and Jura Z9 Impressa. These two machines are equipped with great technology and design, and they do come with a hefty price tag, but don’t let that scare you just yet, because we’ll also tell you how you can buy them for an insanely discounted price!
Features of the Jura Giga 5 Superautomatic Espresso and Coffee Machine
- Two built-in grinders and Two heating systems, this machine allows you to prepare one or two specialty drinks at the same time.
- Double grinders and the machine also allow you to blend two kinds of coffee (from each hopper) in a single drink.
- Ceramic burr grinders that don’t produce heat and are whisper-quiet.
- Dual spout dispenses the liquid into the cup and can be height & width adjusted. From 2.75″ to 6.25″ high and from .78″ to 2″ wide.
- 18 Programmable specialty coffee drinks.
- Creating your drink is super easy thanks to the colored screen display and rotary selector.
- Programmable strength, grind and temperature.
- Automatic milk frothing and dispensing.
- Integrated rinsing, cleaning and descaling program.
- Bypass doser allows you to use ground coffee instead of using the grinders.
- Made in Switzerland.
- 87 oz water reservoir.
- 9 oz bean hopper for each grinder.
- 20 oz thermal milk container.
Where To Buy Jura GIGA 5:
Features of Jura Z9 One Touch Impressa Espresso and Coffee Machine
- Fully automatic coffee center.
- Makes a single drink at a time.
- Built-in ceramic burr grinder.
- Two heating systems, one for coffee and another for steam.
- Color screen display for easy programmability of your coffee.
- Ability to use pre-ground coffee instead of grinder.
- Programmable coffee strength, grind settings and temperature.
- 96 oz water reservoir.
- 9 oz bean hopper.
- 20 oz thermal milk container.
Where to Buy Jura Z9:
What Is The Difference Between Jura GIGA 5 vs. Z9 Impressa?
For the most part, in features and programmability, the two models are the same. The biggest difference between the GIGA 5 and Z9 is:
- The GIGA 5 has TWO grinders and TWO heating systems. This means you can prepare either one or two coffee drinks at the same time without the need to wait.
This is a rather useful feature if the machine is going to be used by a lot of people (say in an office, or in a large family), where you may need to process two drinks at the same time. But that’s not the only thing. Another great feature is that the JURA Giga 5 allows you to create a mixed coffee blend from each hopper. Say for example you have one hopper that has regular beans and the other is filled with decaf, you can program your machine to create a half-caff drink by grinding coffee from each hopper in one drink.
The GIGA 5 and Z9 have the same TFT color screen that shows you a clear menu of the drinks available with a photo. You can use the same screen to select your customization like temperature, strength or volume. It’s very simple to use.
One small difference is the water reservoir capacity: The Z9 has a larger 96 oz capacity while the GIGA 5 has 87 oz. The bean hopper capacities are the same, although on the GIGA 5 you get two bean hoppers of course. Also included with both machines is a 20 oz thermal milk container that allows the machine to automatically froth and dispense milk.
How To Save On Your JURA Coffee Machine Purchase?
Like we said at the beginning of this post, Jura machines come with a rather hefty price tag. With their technology, design and well manufacturing (They’re made in Switzerland!), they’re very much worth their price. But you still don’t have to pay full price for them. How? By buying a factory refurbished machine instead.
If you choose to buy a refurbished JURA machine, you are guaranteed a clean and like-new machine and you can save hundreds or thousands of dollars (yes, you read that right, thousands!).
Where To Buy a Refurbished JURA Machine?
Our favorite retailer for refurbished JURAs is 1inCoffee.com, all their JURA line is guaranteed factory refurbished, have been tested to be in perfect working condition and come with a 1-year warranty. You also get FREE shipping on your order.
Prefer to buy your JURA brand-new? 1stInCoffee has new Jura machines, too. Check them out here.
Review of the Jura GIGA 5:
Review of Jura Z9: