Gaggia Brera vs. Platinum Vision vs. Titanium Super Automatic Espresso Machines: What’s The Difference and Which Is Best?
Three of the best Gaggia Super Automatic Espresso machines are:
In this post, we’ll do a comparison between these 3 super automatic machines so you can choose the one that suits your needs best.
Gaggia Brera, Gaggia Platinum and Gaggia Titanium Comparison Chart:
Similarities: What The Machines Have In Common:
- All 3 machines have durable stainless steel exterior.
- Equipped with built-in ceramic grinder that won’t rust or burn the coffee as it grinds it, preserving most of the flavor of the beans.
- They all have digital display screens (although of different sizes).
- All have 15 bar pump pressure.
- Automatic cleaning and descaling alert.
- Removable brewing group for easy cleaning.
- Coffee bean hopper capacity: 250 gr
- All programs and pre-setting can be readjusted
- Adjustable coffee grind settings
- All include a bypass doser for pre-ground coffee
- All have stainless steel boilers
Differences: What Is the Difference Between the Brera, Platinum and Titanium:
Water Tank Capacity:
- Brera: 1.2 L
- Titanium: 2.3L
- Platinum: 1.7L
- Brera: knob for brew/steam switching+ buttons
- Titanium: all buttons
- Platinum: Touch screen + knob for adjusting brew strength.
- Brera: classic milk frothing wand
- Titanium: Classic milk frothing wand
- Platinum: Classic frothing wand with Milk Island.
- The Gaggia Platinum features an ‘Espresso Plus’ system which allows you to adjust the intensity of the coffee brew with a simple dial switch (this is different from adjusting coffee bean grind). It also includes a milk container which is perfect for frothing milk on its own and storing left-over milk in the fridge.
Which Is Best: The Gaggia Brera, Platinum or Titanium?
First of all, it’s important to note that these three machines are not on the same price range: the Brera being the most affordable, then the Titanium then the Platinum. That said, with budget aside, here’s what we think:
- The Gaggia Platinum wins for its touch screen control and its Espresso Plus feature, which the other machines lack.
- The Titanium is best when it comes to water tank capacity, saving you many refilling trips.
- The Gaggia Brera is the best size wise, it’s perfect for small spaces and office use. It’s also the most affordable.