Difference Between Saeco Intelia vs Minuto: Which One Is Best To Buy?
We’ve already compared a few Saeco super-automatic espresso machines like the Pure vs. Minuto and the Intelia vs. Syntia. Today we’ll be adding a third comparison that looks at the Intelia vs. Minuto.
Saeco Intelia vs. Minuto, What Is The Difference?
Image Title SAECO HD8753/87 Philips Intellia Cappuccino Fully Automatic Espresso Machine SAECO HD8775/48 Philips Minuto Focus Fully Automatic Espresso Machine Feature One touch cappuccino
Integrated automatic milk function with Easy Refill, milk carafe included
Adjustable coffee strength and temperature, Ceramic grinders for Aroma preserving
Automatic cleaning and de-scaling
Pre-brewing function for flavor enhancing
Saeco's new dual pressure lever makes both espresso and coffee
New patented automatic milk frother for one touch froth
No more burnt coffee thanks to our 100% ceramic grinders, Fully automatic rinsing and de-scaling
Memo function thanks to an intuitive display interface
Adjustable grinder to play with the coffee richness, One click removable brewing group
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- Both the Intelia and Minuto feature built in ceramic burr grinder that all Saeco machine use. They both also feature a bypass doser that allows you to use pre-ground coffee without using the grinder.
- You can adjust the grind settings as you like.
- You can control the coffee strength and re-program all settings using the LCD screen available on both machines.
- You can also save any special customizations to your drinks
Here’s where you’ll find the difference:
- The Minuto is a Dual pressure espresso machine which allows it to brew a long cup of coffee, too. For brewing espresso, it will use 15 bars of pressure, for coffee, it will only use 3 to 5 bars, which means you get a long cup of coffee with just a little bit of crema, very similar to a cup of drip coffee.
- Lever on the brewing head is used to choose between espresso or coffee brewing.
- Options on the Minuto include: Espresso, Medium coffee, large coffee. You can also use the milk frother for steam or hot water, which you can choose from a button.
- The brewing head on the Minuto is not adjustable in height, which might cause a bit of splashing when brewing into a short cup.
See it in action:
As for the Saeco Intelia:
- It has an integrated milk frother that the Minuto lacks. You can create milk based drinks with a touch of a button.
- The milk tank is fully detachable so you can easily refill it and save any left over milk in the fridge.
- It has pre-programmed button for Cappuccino and another for ‘Special’ drinks, which means Lattes or Macchiatos, it will allow you to adjust the milk to espresso ratio.
- The Intelia does NOT make coffee like the Mintuo as it works with 15 bars of pressure only.
- The brewing head on the Intelia is adjustable in height.
See it in action:
Which One Should You Buy, The Saeco Intelia or Minuto?
The choice shouldn’t very hard here:
- If you want both coffee and espresso – the Minuto is for you.
- However, if you drink more milk based espresso drinks, you’ll love how easy and quick the Intelia is in preparing those. For coffee, you’ll have to have a separate coffee maker or alternatively, you can make Americano (double espresso + water).
Saeco Intelia vs. Intuita, What Is The Difference?
The Saeco Intuita is great fully automatic espresso machine for a budget of under $1000. Many readers have asked about the difference between the Intuita and the Saeco Intelia, wondering if they could save on the price while getting the same quality. Here’s our comparison of the two machines:
Image Title Saeco Intuita Automatic Espresso Machine Feature Unique Saeco Features: Saeco Aroma System: This pre-brewing technology moistens coffee grounds before the actual brewing process, ensuring that the aroma can unfold even better. Saeco Adapting System: Automatic adjustment of the grinder speed based on the type of beans used. Rapid Steam® Technology: No waiting between frothing milk with the steam wand and brewing espresso.
Specifications Perfect Expresso Espresso technology Saeco adapting system, Aroma-system: pre-brewing Easy to use Cleaning and maintenance Automatic coffee circuit rinse Usage Adjustable coffee dispenser, Rapid steam, Removable brewing group, Normal / long espresso option Technical data Power 1850 W Pump Pressure 15 bar Weight and dimensions Product dimensions (L x D x H) 256x440x340 mm Weight 8 kg Coffee bean capacity 300 gr Dump box capacity 10 servings Features Pannarello Plastic Simultaneous brewing Yes Brita Filter compatible Optionable Design Colour Mat Black Materials and finishing Plastic Logistic data Pallet number of pieces 20 Pallet size 80x196,4x120 cm Pallet weight (EU) 190 kg Water tank Water tank capacity 1,5 l
The Saeco Intuita lets you brew a variety of coffee beverages simply and easily using whole beans. With a steam wand to froth milk and customizable settings for coffee size and strength, you can now re-create your favorite coffee shop beverages at home. Personalize your Espresso: Strength: Adjustable aroma knob dispenses 7 to 10.5 grams of coffee for a mild, medium or strong flavor Size: Brew 1 or 2 cups of espresso Ceramic disc grinder: 5 settings let you adjust for lighter or bolder roasts Steam wand: Control the amount of frothed milk in your cappuccinos and lattes. Also dispenses hot water. Easy to Use and Clean: Frontal access to water tank: 50oz water tank is removed from the front of the machine, freeing up counter space One-click removable brew group: Easy to remove, clean and rinse Removable drip tray: Detaches from machine and slides off easily Auto circuit cleaning: Before going into and when returning from stand-by mode, the machine automatically cleans its coffee circuit, ensuring each and every coffee is as fresh as possible
Features: Color: Matte Black Simple, one-touch button operation Customizable espresso strength and size Steam wand to froth milk and dispense hot water One-click removable brew group Adjustable coffee spout Pre-brewing cycle for optimal aroma De-scaling cycle Rapid Steam® technology Adjustable ceramic disc grinder 50 oz. removable water tank 10.5 oz. bean hopper 10 puck dreg drawer capacity Stainless steel boiler ABS plastic housing CSA certified UL listed Dimensions: 10" W x 17.3" D x 13.4" H Weight: 17.5 lbs. 1-year limited warranty Made in Europe
Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info
- Both the Intelia and Intuita have built-in ceramic grinders that Saeco are known for. These grinders don’t rust and preserve the full aroma of the coffee ground.
- The machines are fully adjustable. You can adjust the strength of the coffee, the fineness of the ground and the volume of coffee.
- Bypass dosers allow you to use different beans than the ones you have in the hopper.
- The Intelia features an LCD display which makes coffee selection and customization easier. The Intuita only uses press buttons.
- For milk frothing, the Intelia features an integrated milk frother which automatically heats and froths milk and pours it right into your cup. Whereas with the Intuita, a manual frothing wand is used to do the same.