DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta Digital Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
DeLonghi continues to provide the best in the world of espresso machines, and the DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta is, just as the name suggests, PERFECT. The upgraded sister of the ESAM3300 Magnifica , this machine provides you with excellent features for the perfect cup of coffee, espresso, cappuccino or latte, EVERY single time!
- Direct-to-brew system makes you coffee from freshly ground beans, automatically.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with adjustable settings.
- Double boiler system, no wait time between coffee brewing or milk heating/frothing.
- Digital control panel with programmable options.
- DeLonghi’s Hot Milk system that gives you hot frothy milk with a touch of a button.
- Detachable milk tank allows you to store any leftover milk for later use.
- Hot water dispenser.
The machine is very simple to adjust to your own taste, you can choose from:
- Coffee Strength: Five choices – extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra-strong.
- Cup-Size Choices: ristretto (small), espresso (medium), and large (American coffee).
The control panel allows you to program start time, auto shutoff, temperature of the coffee, clock and water hardness. The water tank holds 60 oz of water and has a water level indicator. The coffee bean hopper holds up to 200 grams of coffee.
ESAM5500M vs. ESAM5500B, What’s The Difference?
There’s no difference between the two models, the letters simply refer to color choice, M for Metallic Blue or B for Black.
ESAM 5500 vs. 5400, Is There a Difference?
The 5400 is an outdated version of the 5500. This particular model features a steam wand instead of ESAM5500’s integrated milk frother, that’s pretty much the biggest difference between them.
ESAM 5500 vs. ESAM5600, What’s The Difference?
- The ESAM5600 features a touch screen on the panel instead of buttons.
- It features a memory that allows you to save your favorite customization.
- It features an indicator for cleaning the milk carafe.
- It has energy saving function and saves up to 77% of energy.