DeLonghi EC702 or EC680 Dedica, Which Should You Buy?
Not long ago, we’ve featured the De’Longhi Dedica espresso machine. It is certainly an excellent machine with a beautiful design, but how does it compare to the classic and most popular DeLonghi EC702? This is what we’ll find out in this post!
DeLonghi EC702 vs. EC680 Dedica:
To be fully clear, we need to point out that the Dedica is actually a more expensive model than the EC702. But the good news is, both are still under $300 so it might be worth the price jump to you, so read on…
- When it comes to pressure, both the EC702 and Dedica offer 15 bars of pressure. Providing a nice and full espresso extract.
- Both machines can use ground coffee or e.s.e pods and can extract a single or double shot at the same time.
The difference lies in the design:
- The Dedica has a solid full stainless steel body construction, it is also very slim in design, almost half as wide as the EC702.
- The EC702 has a mixture of plastic and stainless steel body, plastic being more than the stainless steel. It has a classic espresso machine design.
- The steaming wand on the Dedica is also stainless steel and performs much better than the plastic wand on the EC702
- The portafilter head on the Dedica is fully stainless steel, where on the EC702, the part where the coffee comes out is plastic.
Should I Buy the DeLonghi Dedica or EC702?
If it’s within your budget, you’re better off going for the Dedica as it will last longer, therefor giving you more bang for your buck. The durable construction, and the slim and sleek design are absolutely worth it. However, if you’re on a tight budget, you can go for the EC702 and get decent results.