These two conical burr grinders by Cuisinart are seemingly identical, yet, there’s a price difference that makes you wonder which could make your buying decision harder. In this post, we’ll be comparing the two grinders side by side to make it easier for you to choose between them.
Cuisinart DBM-8 vs. CBM-18N Conical, What’s The Difference?
- Both grinders are conical burr.
- Both give you 18 grind options from extra fine to coarse.
- Both have the same bean hopper capacity of 8 oz ( half a pound).
- Both feature a timer with auto shut off.
- The CBM-18N features an LCD display which allows you to easily select cup sizes and grind settings.
- The CBM-18N also gives you a selection of cup sizes starting from 1 cup up to 14 cups, while the DBM-8 cup selection starts at 4 cups up to 14 cups.
- The CBM-18N also has manual settings which allow you to grind your own desired amount and fineness.
Which of These Grinders Is Best To Buy?
The Cuisinart CBM-18N gives you more options when it comes to grinding. Although it has the same amount grind selections (18 positions), it also has manual options which allow you to freely adjust the settings to your liking. There’s also the option to grind a minimum of 1 cup, which can be quite handy for single cup brewing without worrying about grinding more than you need. However, if you plan to grind for more than one cup often, the DBM-8 should be a great choice as well.