In this post, we’re going to compare the most popular Super Automatic espresso machines by DeLonghi. Because you’ll usually find two machines that are seemingly very similar, yet there’s always a price difference that makes you wonder why and which one to go for. So we’ll be comparing similar models and highlight their differences, which will hopefully help you make a more informed decision.
Difference between DeLonghi ESAM 3300 Magnifica vs. ESAM 3500.N Magnifica:
- Both have same capacity for bean hopper (7.10 ounces) and water tank (60 ounces).
- Both have the same programability.
- The ESAM3300 is an older version of the ESAM3500.N
- The ESAM3300 uses a steam wand for milk heating and frothing with rotary dial to control the steam.
- The ESAM 3500.N has a detachable milk tank and automatically heats and froths milk for your required drink.
- The ESAM 3500.N has more coffee size options already pre-set with dedicated buttons for each drink on the front panel.
These are the main differences between the two machines, but certainly that’s not all they do. Visit the pages of each machine to learn more about them:
Difference Between DeLonghi ECAM23210SB Compact Automatic Cappuccino, Latte and Espresso Machine vs. ECAM23210B Compact Magnifica S:
- Both machines are in the ‘Compact’ super-auto machine category.
- Both have built-in water filteration system – so you can use tap water and it will filter it for you.
- The DeLonghi ECAM23210SB uses buttons and a rotary dial for controlling bean strength, and another rotary dial for steam control.
- The DeLonghi ECAM23210B uses one rotary dial, has an illuminated control panel and a button for steam control.
- The DeLonghi ECAM23210B is more compact than the ECAM23210SB.
Read more about each machine here:
Difference Between DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta Digital vs. ESAM6700 Gran Dama Avant Touch-Screen:
- Both have detachable milk tank for automatic frothing. You can remove the tank and save it in the fridge for later use.
- Both have same bean hopper (7.1 ounce) and water tank (60 ounce) capacity.
- The ESAM5500M Perfecta has a button control panel with a 2-line text display.
- The ESAM6700 Gran Dama Avant has a touch screen control panel with 4-text line display.
- The Gran Dama Avant has a ‘Long coffee’ option where the ESAM5500M doesn’t.
- The Gran Dama Avant has a Cappuccino system cleaning indicator, the ESAM5500M does not.
Read the individual review for each machine here:
DeLonghi continues to provide the best in the world of espresso machines, and the DeLonghi ESAM5500M Perfecta is, just as the name suggests, PERFECT. The upgraded sister of the ESAM3300 Magnifica , this machine provides you with excellent features for the perfect cup of coffee, espresso, cappuccino or latte, EVERY single time!
- Direct-to-brew system makes you coffee from freshly ground beans, automatically.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with adjustable settings.
- Double boiler system, no wait time between coffee brewing or milk heating/frothing.
- Digital control panel with programmable options.
- DeLonghi’s Hot Milk system that gives you hot frothy milk with a touch of a button.
- Detachable milk tank allows you to store any leftover milk for later use.
- Hot water dispenser.
The machine is very simple to adjust to your own taste, you can choose from:
- Coffee Strength: Five choices – extra-mild, mild, regular, strong, and extra-strong.
- Cup-Size Choices: ristretto (small), espresso (medium), and large (American coffee).
The control panel allows you to program start time, auto shutoff, temperature of the coffee, clock and water hardness. The water tank holds 60 oz of water and has a water level indicator. The coffee bean hopper holds up to 200 grams of coffee.
ESAM5500M vs. ESAM5500B, What’s The Difference?
There’s no difference between the two models, the letters simply refer to color choice, M for Metallic Blue or B for Black.
ESAM 5500 vs. 5400, Is There a Difference?
The 5400 is an outdated version of the 5500. This particular model features a steam wand instead of ESAM5500’s integrated milk frother, that’s pretty much the biggest difference between them.
ESAM 5500 vs. ESAM5600, What’s The Difference?
- The ESAM5600 features a touch screen on the panel instead of buttons.
- It features a memory that allows you to save your favorite customization.
- It features an indicator for cleaning the milk carafe.
- It has energy saving function and saves up to 77% of energy.
It doesn’t matter which coffee drink you want to wake up to in the morning, enjoy in the afternoon or serve your friends and family after a nice meal. The Impressa J6 does it ALL, and it does it with a touch of a button! A truly impressive piece of machine, striking polished black design, and use friendly – this is what you need in your super-automatic espresso machine.
- Built-in conical burr coffee grinder, it grinds tamps and brews coffee all under 60 seconds.
- 450-watt stainless-steel-lined Thermoblock system. 15 bar pressure pump.
- 6 grind settings from coarse to fine.
- Built-in milk frother, automatic or manual.
- 6 pre-set drink options – all can be reprogrammed by you.
- LED display for easy controls and use.
- A generous 71 oz removable water tank.
- Measurement: 16-1/2 by 11 by 13-1/4 inches.
The buttons on the front panel of the machine make using it a breeze. You simply have to push a button to get the drink you want! The dual nozzle can make you a single or dual shot at the same time. And with the control buttons, you can adjust the water volume, the coarseness of the grind, the taste strength and much more. It’s YOUR coffee, YOUR way.
And since the machine will be setting on your counter-top for long years to come, the fact that it has a beautiful modern design is a huge plus. It’s a great machine to keep on display and on stand by.
Want to learn more about the Jura-Capresso Impressa J6, and read customer reviews? Click here.
We’ve talked about Built-in espresso machines: what they are and how they work in a previous post. Today, we’ll take about the first brand that has created a built-in espresso machine, and their best coffee systems.
Miele is a German brand that creates high-end kitchen and home appliances, espresso machines being one of those. They were the first to create built-in espresso machines before other brands followed, and they continue to be leaders in the field. Here, we’re going to list their best built-in espresso machines which you should definitely consider for your home!
Miele CVA4066SS 24 Built-in Whole Coffee Bean System with Plumbed-In Water Connection:
- Fully automatic, 24″ built-in espresso machine with plumbed in water system.
- Easy to control with a multi-language LCD display (21 languages)
- Built-in conical burr grinder with adjustable options. Bypass for using pre-ground coffee.
- 500g bean container.
- Double dispensing spout.
- Hot water dispenser.
- Built-in automatic milk frother with integrated milk tank that keeps milk saved for up to 12 hours.
- Automatic cleaning functions
- Integrated LED lighting.
- All settings and cup sizing are adjustable
The machine dimensions is: 23 7/16″ Depth : 21 1/8″ Height : 17 15/16″. If you’re no plumbing expert, you’re advised to have a professional do the plumbing for you. Other than that, the machine is quite simple to install.
Miele CVA4062SS 24 Built-in Grind and Brew Whole Bean Coffee System:
- Fully automatic built-in espresso machine with refillable water tank (no plumbing required).
- LCD display with 21 languages. Integrated LED lighting.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 500g bean hopper. Bypass for pre-ground coffee.
- Adjustable grind options – grinds from 6g to 12g per cup.
- Built-in milk tank and frother.
- Hot water dispenser.
- Dual coffee spout.
- Dimensions Width : 23 7/16″ Depth : 19″ Height : 17 15/16″
- All settings and coffee volume are adjustable
- Automatic cleaning functions.
Full machine specs can be found at MieleUSA.com
Get ready to be completely blown away by this truly SUPER automatic machine from KRUPS. This is a new generation super-auto machine that is simply very impressive, with many new features that the older super-automatics are missing. With color display touch screen, programmable options and exclusive frothing technology, this is one super machine to invest in.
- Thermoblock heating system – 15 bar pump power.
- Conical burr grinder with automated grind selection. 1.7L water tank.
- Colored touch screen display.
- Select from different recipes and drink customization options.
- Save your favorite recipes and customized drinks, save up to 8 recipes and 8 profiles.
- Exclusive 2-step frothing technology with automatic rinsing and cleaning
- Includes a cleaning solution for steam nozzle, descaling powder and cleaning tablets; comes with a 2 year worlwide warranty
The display touch screen and programmability of the KRUPS Barista One Touch is what sets it apart the most from other machines. If you’re in a house with many people who’ll be using the machine, or maybe in an office.. saving your favorite drinks into your profile comes in quite handy! Simply navigate to your profile and choose one of your favorite drinks which you’ve already customized to your taste. And you’ll never have to re-create those drinks (unless you want to, of course!)… making your favorite drinks will be as simple as a touch of a button of a screen!
Another great and exclusive feature of this machine is the 2-step frothing technology that heats and froths the milk directly into the cup.
The exterior of the machine is modern, bold and sleek. It’s easy to clean and maintain with a simple wipe. Internal cleaning of the machine is done automatically but the machine itself. It rinses itself out after every use to it stays clean and ready for the next use.
If there’s one down-side to this machine it’s probably it’s hefty price. It will cost you over $2000 to buy, but that’s expected from a top-of-the line 2013 model with these advanced features.
The DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant is a high-end super-auto espresso machine that will blow your mind, not only with the fantastic coffee it prepares, but with its many features, few the only it possesses.
- Prepares gourmet coffee drinks like Cappuccino, Latte or Latte Macchiato using DeLonghi’s patented ‘Single Touch’ hot milk system.
- Detachable milk container allows you to refrigerate left over milk for later use.
- Touch screen control panel with programmable menus, auto on/off and many other options.
- Adjust temperature, coffee strength (5 settings) or cup sizes (4 settings).
- “Long Coffee” feature replicates a drip coffee machine to make you a cup of drip coffee.
- Built-in coffee grinder with 250g bean container.
- Removable water tank.
- Adjustable drip tray and coffee spout.
- Cup warming tray.
The display on the DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant is one of the largest with 4-line text. It makes the machine easier to use and program in no-time. It makes superior coffee drinks, probably better than your usual coffee house, just make sure you pick a great whole bean coffee for espresso and let the machine do the rest for you!
Want to see more super automatic espresso machines? Click here to read our DeLonghi Super Auto espresso maker comparisons.
When you see an Espresso machine like the Jura Impressa C9 you realize the true meaning of the name Super-automatic espresso machine. Jura’s super-auto machines are one of the fasts machines out there, with the ability to grind, tamp, brew and self-cleanse all automatically all within 60 seconds! But that’s not the only reason it’s a super machine, here are other of its features:
- Pre-programmed + programmable buttons for coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk or hot water.
- Two temperature settings, three strength levels, and volume options: one or two cups at a time, from 1 to a full 16 ounces.
- frothXpress Plus system automatically froths or steams milk.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 6 different settings and available funnel for pre-ground coffee.
- 64 ounce removable water tank, 8 ounce bean hopper and 14 ounce thermal milk container.
- 18 bar pump, Thermoblock heating system. 1450 watt power.
- LED display, easy to use buttons and control panel.
The Jura Impressa C9 One Touch is a very simple machine to use. Once you’ve set it up, it’s all push-button from there. But in case you do need help, the included DVD will explain everything for you with clear instructions on how to brew coffee, froth milk, and how to clean and maintain the machine.
If you’re still not quite convinced this the right machine for you, click here to see reviews from customer who have already purchased and used the machine.