After the release of Lattissima One machine, the single-serve machine with single serve frother, too, Nespresso has now released a larger version of the machine called Gran Lattissima.
Gran Lattissima, a Nespresso by DeLonghi machine, is an OriginalLine machine with built-in milk frother. Unlike the Lattissima One, the milk frother is rather large, but that’s not the only thing that’s different… Read on to learn more about the Gran Lattissima features and how it compares to other Nespresso machines.
Features of Nespresso Gran Lattissima Espresso Machine:
- One-touch system: prepare your favorite espresso drink with a push of a button.
- Enjoy 9 preset options: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Caffe Latte, Flat White, Hot Milk and Hot Foam.
- Sliding drip tray allows you to accommodate cups of all sizes, tall or short.
- Milk frother features a self-rinsing feature to keep the frother clean after each use.
- Detachable milk frother allows you to store leftover milk in the fridge.
- Milk container is top rack dishwasher safe.
- Start up time: 25 seconds, extra 15 seconds for milk beverages.
- Milk jug capacity: 16.9 oz
- Water container capacity: 33.8 oz
- Capsule Compatibility: Compatible with all OriginalLine capsules for Nespresso.
Nespresso Gran Lattissima vs. Lattissima One, What’s The Difference?
- SIMPLE SINGLE SERVE SYSTEM: The Lattissima One is a simple and easy to operate single serve system; Simply fill the milk jug with the desired amount of milk, then use the machine to froth directly into your Coffee drink for the perfect Coffee & milk drink
- POWERFUL COFFEE MAKER: Nespresso Lattissima One Espresso maker has a 19 bar high pressure pump that allows for a barista style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each Coffee capsule
- FEATURES: The Lattissima One has a 33.8 oz. water tank, a great size so refilling is not as frequent as other single serve machines; This machine also has a fast heat up time of only 25 seconds for Espressos and 40 seconds for milk beverages
- VERSATILE AUTOMATIC COFFEE MAKER: Brew different single serve Coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your Coffee needs Espresso (1.35 oz.), Lungo (5 oz.), froth the perfect milk to create the perfect Cappuccino or Latte in the comfort of your own home. Pour over ice to create your favorite iced Coffee drinks
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each Espresso machine includes a Nespresso Original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles; Folding drip tray
Gran Lattissima and Lattissima One share the same premium design. Apart from their different sizes, they look quite identical. But looks aside, how are they different features wise?
The main difference here is:
- Lattissima One is a small machine with a small milk frother (4.2 oz capacity). Its frother is designed to hold enough milk for a single use only, so you’ll fill the exact amount you need and refill at each use.
- On the other hand, Gran Lattissima has a full size milk frother (16.9 oz) that holds milk for multiple uses.
The other difference is the preset milk recipes:
- Lattissima One has 4 presets only: Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
- Gran Lattissima has 9 presets: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, caffe latte, flat white, hot milk and hot foam.
Nespresso Gran Lattissima vs. Nespresso Lattissima Pro, What’s The Difference?
- IT'S ALL ABOUT THE FOAM: The De’Longhi Automatic Cappuccino System creates perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam in every cup from start to finish.
- NESPRESSO CAPSULE SYSTEM: The ultimate convenience. The recyclable aluminum capsules contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup. Anodized aluminum exterior components
- BRINGS OUT MORE FLAVOR: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- THE PERFECT AMOUNT OF MILK: During the extraction process, the integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste. Simply remove from the unit to keep freshly refrigerated. The unit is also designed so no milk comes in contact with the machine – and is dishwasher safe.Water container capacity (oz):44 oz (1.3L)
- RAPID HEAT-UP TIME: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Thermoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time to seconds..Used capsule container:15 capsules
The Lattissima Pro is another Nespresso by DeLonghi machine with features that are quite similar to Gran Lattissima. But similar as they may seem, there’s always a difference that we can spot:
- Lattissima Pro has 7 presets: Ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, warm milk and hot water.
- So it’s missing the caffe latte, flat white and hot foam options that Gran Lattissima has, but on the plus side, it has hot water on demand which is perfect for Americanos (espresso + hot water) or for preparing tea or instant meals.
- Milk jugs of both machine have the same capacity: 16.9oz
- Water reservoir capacity of the Lattissima Pro is about 44 oz and Gran Lattissima is 33.8 oz.
- The milk frother on the Lattissima Pro allows you to adjust the density of the foam. Gran Lattissima’s frother doesn’t have this option.
- Lattissima Pro has a really sleek design with brushed aluminum finish, LCD display, touch buttons and backlight indicators.
- Gran Lattissima has an elegant design that combines gloss and matte finishes along with some stainless steel accents and a glass touch panel. It’s available in black or white.
Gran Lattissima vs. Lattissima Touch:
- The perfect creamy latte: one button and one capsule - that's all it takes to enjoy a barista-style latte in seconds. Only by de'longhi
- 6 one-touch recipes: simple one-touch button for Coffee and milk lovers to prepare creamy latte, latte macchiato, cappuccino, Warm milk, perfect Espresso or Coffee
- Made in Italy: the lattissima touch's sleek Italian craftsmanship looks fantastic in any kitchen
- Advanced milk frother by de'longhi: an automatic frother creates rich, long-lasting, creamy foam
- Practical design: sliding drip tray for different cup or glass sizes, removable milk container with rinsing function, illuminated buttons. Input power (W): 1400
Lattissima Touch is another popular option for a Nespresso machine with a built-in milk frother. Much like other Lattissima models, it includes several presets for preparing your favorite coffee drinks with a push of a button:
- Lattissima Touch has 6 presets: espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte macchiato, caffe latte and hot foam. So no flat white, ristretto or hot milk presets that are in the Gran Lattissima.
- Milk jug capacity in Lattissima Touch is about 11 oz (vs. 16.9oz of Gran Lattissima)
- Water reservoir capacity in Lattissima Touch is 50oz compares to Gran Lattissima’s 33.8 oz.
- Lattissima Touch has a milk frother similar to Lattissima Pro’s which features a knob to adjust milk foam density.
A Nespresso machine is the ultimate convenient automatic espresso machine that uses Capsules to create the perfect cup of espresso every time. Not only is it compact in size, very quick and convenient, it only requires you to insert a capsule and push a button and you’ve got yourself an espresso cup within seconds.
Which Nespresso Machine Is Best To Buy?
Here’s the gist of it…
– If you want the best manufactured machine (but smallest water tank, on the down side), the Pixie is the only machine made in Switzerland. (some newer models may not be though, kindly check before buying).
– If you want the largest water reservoir, and an option to have an integrated Aeroccino milk frother, the CitiZ is your machine!
Read on for more details…
Features of Nespresso Pixie:
- 24 ounce water reservoir.
- 2 reprogrammable cup sizes for espresso or lungo.
- Drip tray folds up to hold different cup sizes.
- Capsules container holds up to 12 used capsules.
- Backlight indicators for empty water tank or full used capsule drawer.
- Power cord storage.
- The Nespresso Pixie is the only Nespresso machine made in Switzerland.
- Measurement: 12.83-Inch length by 4.33-Inch width by 9-1/4-Inch height
- Available in Electric Titan (pictured above), Aluminum or Titan.
Pixie C60 vs. D60, Is There a Difference?
You might notice that some Pixie machines are labeled C60 and other D60, is there a difference between them? No, not at all. These numbers only reference slight model differences and colors, and does not affect the quality or performance of the machine at all. Simply choose the one that looks best to you.
Pixie by DeLonghi or Pixie by Breville? What’s The Difference?
Another variation you might find is that some Pixie (or even other Nespresso models) are sold under the Breville brand and others under the DeLonghi brand. There are no actual difference between them. Nespresso partnered with these brands to help them with distribution of their machines, and these labels are only to let you know which brand made your machine. But you’re still getting the same Nespresso no matter what.
Features of Nespresso CitiZ:
- 33 3/4 ounce water reservoir. The largest on a Nespresso OriginalLine machine.
- 2 reprogrammable cup sizes: espresso and lungo.
- Folding drip tray.
- Used capsules container.
- Available in Red, black, silver, white.
- measurement: 8-Inches by 13-1/2 inches by 10 inches
What Is The Difference Between Pixie and Citiz?
Pixie has a 24 oz water reservoir, CitiZ has a 33 oz reservoir.
There’s difference in design of both machines that won’t affect the actual performance of it, but might make a difference to you or your kitchen decor. The difference is in the colors, side panels and the bar in which the machine opens/closes the lid.
The Pixie has metal side panels which gives it a more premium feel. It’s also the only machine with backlight indicators for empty water reservoir and full capsule drawer. It will turn from blue to red to let you know it’s time to check up on these two things.
On the other hand, the CitiZ has a nice design, but it lacks the premium materials of the Pixie as it’s mostly made of plastic. But it does have a larger water reservoir which is quite a useful thing.
Country of Origin:
CitiZ is made in China, Pixie is made in Switzerland.
Nespresso Aeroccino Milk Frother:
Aeroccino is Nespresso’s electric milk frother that heats and froths milk for making Cappuccino or Latte. It includes two whisks for creating different density of milk froth and it can make hot or cold froth. When buying a Nespresso machine, you have the option to buy it as a stand alone or bundled with this milk frother. If you’re planning on making milk based drinks, then we highly recommend that you include it with your purchase.
Common Questions About Nespresso Machines:
Can I Use Any Other type of Coffee Capsules with Nespresso Machines? (K-Cups, Starbucks Verismo… etc.)
No, you can’t. Nespresso machines are compatible with their own capsules/pods only.
Can I use the Same Capsules For More Than Once?
Each Nespresso capsules is pre-measured with the exact amount of coffee ground you need for a perfect cup of Espresso or Lungo. Technically, You can hit the brew button twice on the same pod before you’ve ejected it, but that won’t be a good idea. The coffee will not taste good as you’ve already spent the coffee ground inside the capsule on the first shot. So we really don’t recommend doing this.
Can I use My Own Coffee Ground with Nespresso Machines?
There are non-official refillable Nespresso capsules that you can use to brew your own coffee ground, however, they’re not recommended. These capsules, manufactured by companies other than Nespresso, can actually harm your machine. Also, chances are, you won’t get the measurements or coffee ground right or as good as Nespresso makes them, which can negatively affect your experience.
Can I Make Tea with Nespresso?
Surprisingly, you can! Not officially though. There’s a company that makes tea pods that are available for Nespresso machines, which you can learn more about here.
Where Will I Buy Nespresso Pods From?
There’s available online at Nespresso or Amazon. They’re slightly more expensive on Amazon, but you’re not restricted to buying in quantities of 10 like at Nespresso’s website. They’re also available at Nespresso Boutiques available worldwide. Learn more about buying the capsules here.
Is There a Difference Between the Pixie C60 and D60? Or the U D50 and C50?
Not in the way the machines function. The names refer to slight aesthetic differences in the coffee spout or available color only. For example, the C60 is available in Titanium and Chrome, and the side panels look differently than the D60 which has a smooth side panel and is available in colors like red, green and blue.
We still get a lot of questions about the difference between Nespresso’s machines and the difference between them. So we decided to write a detailed guide about their main lines of machines: OriginalLine and VertuoLine. We’ll talk about the machines, the difference between them and more.
What Is Nespresso VertuoLine?
VertuoLine is a line of machines from Nespresso that can make single serve espresso and coffee. Wit the release of VertuoLine machines, it was the first time that Nespresso offered a machine that can make a long coffee and not just espresso. VertuoLine machines use special capsules that have been entirely redesigned. They are available in different sizes for each coffee drink: Espresso, Double Espresso, Gran Lungo (Americano), Coffee, and Alto XL which is the largest capsule that can make 14 oz coffee.
VertuoLine machines have several features to set it apart from the OriginalLine machines:
- As mentioned, it makes coffee as well as espresso.
- It adjusts automatically with the optimal settings for each capsule. Upon inserting a capsule, a laser reader will scan the barcode on the rim of the capsule and will automatically recognize the drink you’re trying to brew.
- Instead of using a pump all most espresso and coffee makers, VertuoLine machines use Centrifusion technology. This tech spins the capsule rapidly while saturating it with water to extract the coffee. It ensures that the entire capsule has been fully saturated and extracted for maximum flavor.
Type of Drinks VertuoLine Can Make:
Espresso, Coffee, Americano (espresso + water), a Large 14 oz coffee.
As of the time of writing this post, Vertuo machines are only compatible with officially branded capsules by Nespresso. There are no alternative from other brands or refillable capsules. However, Nespresso does offer a good variety of capsules in different roasts, intensities, and even flavored coffee.
Available VertuoLine Models:
All VertuoLine machines will brew the same capsules. The difference is going to be mainly in the design and capacity which can offer you different experience based on your need.
This is the first machine to be introduced in the VertuoLine line. It has a water reservoir of 40 oz, fast 15-sec heat up time and a one button operation. One of the main issues one this machine is that it didn’t brew coffee hot enough. So Nespresso has fixed this problem in later models.
Evoluo and Evoluo Deluxe:
The second edition to come after the Vertuo machine. The design has been updated to have a better cup holder that can sit in 5 different positions instead of 2. It comes in different colors. Evoluo comes in two sizes: the Evoluo with 40 oz water reservoir and 13-capsule capacity for used capsule drawer. Evoluo Deluxe is larger with 50 oz water reservoir and 17-capsule capacity for the used capsule drawer. Also, the Evoluo Deluxe includes an Aeroccino milk frother.
This model features a completely redesigned head and water reservoir. The VertuoPlus has a motorized head (where the capsule goes) where you just press it down and it automatically lowers and punctures the capsule. The water reservoir is repositionable, so it can sit on the back or either sides of the machine. It is available as VertuoPlus with 40 oz water reservoir, and VertuoPlus Deluxe with 60 oz capacity.
Common Questions About Nespresso VertuoLine:
Where Can I Buy Nespresso VertuoLine Capsules?
Capsules are available to buy directly from nespresso.com , you can also buy them from Amazon. If you prefer to buy them in-store, find the nearest Nespresso boutique to you using their Store Locator.
Are There Any Vertuoline Alternative Pods?
No, there isn’t any (yet). This is one of the down sides Vertuoline, you’re limited by the capsules in comparison to OriginalLine.
Are VertuoLine Pods Recyclable?
Yes. They’re made of aluminum and are completely recyclable.
Can I reprogram the serving sizes on my Vertuoline machine?
Yes, that’s possible, but it might results in a not so ideal taste. Watch this video to see how:
Can I Make a Cappuccino or Latte Using Vertuoline?
Absolutely. Those drink are made of espresso and frothy milk. So all you have to do is brew a shot of espresso and add the frothy milk to it. If you plan on making milk based drinks frequently, then it’s best to bundle your machine with an Aeroccino milk frother.
Which Vertuoline Machine Should I Buy?
We would suggest that you skip the first one, Vertuo, as it’s outdated by now. Between Evoluo and VertuoPlus, find the best design and price for your budget. Otherwise, you’d be getting the same coffee results.
Are There Vertuoline Hot Chocolate pods?
No. Vertuoline only makes espresso and coffee capsules.
Pros and Cons of VertuoLine:
- Pro: can make espresso and coffee in different brew sizes.
- Cons: Lack of capsule alternatives or refillable option. Capsules can get quite expensive over time.
What Is Nespresso OriginalLine?
OriginalLine is what Nespresso started with. It’s their original line of machines that make espresso and espresso based coffee drinks. These machines also use the original Nespresso capsule design. OriginalLine espresso machines are designed by Nespresso as well as other brands like DeLonghi. Breville or Kitchenaid, so you’ll find a larger variety of machines to choose from.
As we mentioned, Vertuo machines use entirely new technology – Centrifusion – to brew coffee and espresso. On the other hand, OriginalLine machines keep it classic, they use pressure pump for a classic espresso experience.
Drinks You Can Make with an OriginalLine Machine:
- Espresso, Lungo and Ristretto on some models.
- Milk based drinks like Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato can be prepared with one button setup on some models that have built-in milk frother or with the use of an external milk frother.
This is where the OriginalLine excels over the Vertuo line. When it first came out, it used to be that OriginalLine machines only used capsules from Nespresso exclusively. But ever since Nespresso lost the patent of the capsule design, you can now find these capsules from a lot of brands. Even Starbucks makes Nespresso OriginalLine capsules now. Other brands even expanded their capsule collections to include tea and hot chocolate. And one of the best parts is, there are refillable capsules available from third party brands that you can fill with your favorite coffee ground.
- See some of our favorite Nespresso compatible capsules here.
- Best Alternative Nespresso Capsules.
- Best Nespresso Capsules for Latte.
Available OriginalLine Machines:
There are many many machines that can brew the OriginalLine capsules, and they’re not all by Nespresso. We’ll start with Nespresso’s own OriginalLine machines:
A compact espresso machine that can make it all. It has two sizes Espresso and Lungo, both can be reprogrammed to your desired volumes. It has a small 20 oz water reservoir but even though it’s small in size, it does not compromise in coffee quality. This machine is replacing the Inissia model as the smallest Nespresso machine. It’s available in two designs, one by DeLonghi and another by Breville. Apart from design differences, both models are the same.
Still a small machine, but larger than the Essenza Mini. Pixie has always been a favorite by customers for it’s striking design. It offers two cup sizes, Espresso and Lungo. It has aluminum side panels that gives its body more durability in addition to the beautiful design. The used capsule drawer is illuminated with LED light that blink with the drawer is full or when the machine is low on water.
This is Pixie’s biggest competitor. It’s another beauty that’s available in a chrome finish or colored finish (red, white or red). It’s slightly larger than the Pixie, with a larger 33 oz water reservoir. It’s pre-set with Espresso and Lungo sizes. CitiZ is also available as CitiZ and Milk model, with has an Aeroccino frother built into its base for quick and easy milk based drink preparation.
The Lattissima line includes several models: Lattissima Touch, Lattisima Pro, Lattissima Plus and Lattisima One. The biggest between Lattissima machines and other OriginalLine models is the built-in milk frother. These machines are pre-set with several coffee drinks like Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato in addition to espresso and lungo. So you can get your favorite coffee drink with a push of button, the machine will automatically heat, froth the milk, add it to the glass then pour coffee over it. You can read about each model and the difference between them in the following posts:
- Lattissima Pro vs. Lattissima Plus
- Lattissima One Compared to Lattissima Touch and Pro
- Lattissima Pro vs. CitiZ Milk
Creatista, Creatista Plus and Creatista Uno:
This line of OriginalLine machines are designed and made by Breville. Like Lattissima machines, these also have a built-in milk frother but it’s quite different. The Creatista line has a steam wand that is more like a commercial espresso machine’s. It gives you the power to make a truly professional micro-foam milk that you can use to create latte art with. You can program your favorite coffee drink customizations and save them, and depending on the models, all setup and customization is done by a colored touchscreen.
You can learn more about Creatista machines by reading the following posts:
THE RECAP – OriginalLine vs. Vertuo:
so, to recap, here’s the summary of our comparison:
OriginalLine: Espresso (1.35 oz), Lungo (3.70 oz) and on some models Ristretto (0.70 oz). All drinks can be reprogrammed.
Vertuo: Espresso (1.35 oz) Double espresso (2.7 oz), Gran Lungo Americano (5 oz), Coffee (7.77 oz), Alto XL (14 oz). Volumes can be reprogrammed and each drink requires the capsule made for it.
OriginalLine: High Pressure Pump – like any classic espresso machine.
Vertuo: Patented Centrifuision technology – Rapid spinning (7,000 per minute) while saturating the capsule with hot water. Uses a barcode system to automatically read the capsule type and adjusts automatically.
OriginalLine: Nespresso Capsules, Third party capsules, refillable capsules. Available in coffee, tea or hot chocolate varieties. (hot chocolate and tea are from 3rd party only).
Vertuo: Compatible with official Nespresso capsules only.
Cost Per Capsules:
OriginalLine: can go anywhere from $0.70 up to $0.90 – 3rd party companies sometimes sell capsules for less.
Vertuo: $0.85 to $1.20 for the largest capsule size.
Which Should I Choose? OriginalLine or Vertuo?
- Do you want to brew espresso as well as coffee using the same machine? If so, then Vertuo line is your choice.
- If you mostly drink specialty coffee drinks like lattes, cappuccinos and so on, OriginalLine will make a better option for you. The option for capsules is quite better, the variety in blends, roasts and even in prices is better. You’re not limited to Nespresso’s capsules if you choose to go with OriginalLine. The only downside is that you won’t be able to brew a cup of coffee using the same machine.
What Is Nespresso Lattissima One? What’s New In It?
Nespresso Lattissima models have always been made with Cappuccino and Latte lovers in mind. With a single touch, you can prepare delicious creamy milk based coffee drinks. There are many models in the Lattissima line: Lattissima Pro, Lattissima Plus and Lattissima Touch. They’re made in partnership with DeLonghi, which adds their patented milk frothing system to the machines.
So, what sets the Lattissima One from other Lattissima machines? And who should buy it?
Features of Nespresso Lattissima One:
- The first machine to feature an innovative single-serve milk frothing system. The detachable frothing compartment holds the the right amount of milk for a single cup and pours frothy milk directly to your cup.
- Lines on the milk jug mark the amount of milk to add for your required type of froth (latte or cappuccino).
- Simple operations, three buttons on the machine are for Espresso, Lungo and Froth Milk.
- Quick operation: heats up in 25 seconds for espresso, 40 seconds for milk drinks.
- Compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules.
- Compact design.
- Made in Italy.
- Water reservoir capacity: 33.8 oz
- Milk container capacity: 4.2 oz.
- Used capsule drawer capacity: 8 capsules.
- Available in two colors.
What’s New In Lattissima One?
The newest features of the Lattissima One is its single-serve milk container. The milk container holds enough milk for just one use. Which means less waste or no need to manage any left over milk. It also means you’ll always use fresh milk.
The marked lines on the container tell you exactly how much milk you’ll have to add to get froth for a cup of cappuccino or latte. Unlike other frothers, where you sometimes just guess how much milk you’ll use, and end up tossing the left over milk or keeping it in the fridge for later use (meaning – less freshness).
Lattissima One vs. Lattissima Pro, What’s The Difference?
The Lattissima Pro is another Nespresso machine made in cooperation with DeLonghi, and it’s also Italian made. And it is quite a best seller thanks for its ease of use and premium design.
How Are They Different?
At their core, both Lattissima machines are made for making espresso and milk drinks with a lot of ease. So if your favorite drink is milk based, you’ll want one of these machines. But here’s how they compare:
- The Lattissima One is the first to have a single-serve milk container.
- The Lattissima Pro has a larger container. Designed as detachable to allow you to keep any left over milk for later use.
- The Lattissima One has three buttons: Espresso, Lungo and Milk. The milk button will froth the entire amount of milk in the container. Which is why it’s important to have those marks on it to indicate the amount of milk you need for the drink you’re preparing.
- Lattissima Pro, on the other hand, has 6 preset drinks: espresso, lungo, ristretto, latte, cappuccino and hot milk. It also has the option to dispense hot water only, to use for making tea or instant meals.
- Lattissima One has backlit press buttons.
- Lattissima Pro as a touch screen with and LCD display.
- Both Lattissima Pro and Lattissima One are compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules. It also means they’re compatible with Nespresso-compatible capsules.
- Lattissima One: 33.8 oz water reservoir. 4.2 oz milk container.
- Lattissima Pro: 44 oz water reservoir.
Used Capsule Drawer:
- Lattissima One holds up to 8 capsules.
- Lattissima Pro holds up to 16 capsules.
Lattissima One vs. Lattissima Touch:
The Lattissima Touch offers the same drink options as the Lattissima Pro. On it, you’ll find buttons for: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, and hot milk. What’s missing though is the hot water on demand. This is something the Lattissima One also lacks.
The milk frothing system on the Lattissima Touch is also by DeLonghi. But unlike the Lattissima One, it’s a full size container. It’s also detachable so you can keep it in the fridge if there’s any left over milk.
Who Should Buy Nespresso Lattissima One?
The Lattissima One is the prefect choice for:
- a single user who prefers who doesn’t need a large machine or large milk container. The Lattissima One holds the perfect amount of milk for a single brew.
- Someone who drinks milk based drinks occasionally. This type of user also doesn’t need a larger milk container, so this single-serve milk frother is the best choice.
- Anyone who wants a single-serve cappuccino or latte maker that doesn’t take a lot of space. The Lattissima One is compact in size in comparison to other Lattissima machines.
Should You Upgrade To Lattissima One?
If you already own a Lattissima machine that is perfect working condition, we don’t see the need for the upgrade. However, if it’s going to be your first Lattissima, consider the points mentioned above to decide whether Lattissima One or another Lattissima is the best choice for you
Watch How It Works:
What Is Nespresso Expert?
Nespresso is always innovating and adding new features to their espresso machines to enrich your at-home coffee experience.
Nespresso Expert is an espresso machine with a unique design. It offers a range of features that are not yet available in other Nespresso machines. For starters, it has a new cup size, temperature settings and Bluetooth capabilities. All features that give you more ways to customize your coffee just the way you like it.
Features of Nespresso Expert:
- 4 cup sizes: espresso, lungo, ristretto and Americano.
- Hot Water function: a separate spout for hot water on demand and Americano preparation.
- 3 temperature settings: Warm, Hot and Extra Hot.
- 19-bar pressure.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to operate your coffee machine and customize your drink via the Nespresso app.
- LED alerts.
- Heat up time: under 30 seconds
- Automatic power off in 9 minutes.
- Uses Nespresso OriginalLine capsules.
Cup Size Guide:
- Ristretto: 25 ml
- Espresso: 40 ml
- Lungo: 110 ml
- Americano: 25 ml of coffee + 125 ml of water.
Nespresso Expert is compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine capsules. This means it should also be compatible with all Nespresso-compatible capsules, giving you a lot of options when it comes to coffee variety.
Nespresso Expert Models:
- Nespresso Expert: standalone espresso machine
- Nespresso Expert & Milk: espresso machine with Aeroccino 3 milk frother for making delicious milk based coffee drinks.
Comparing Nespresso Expert To Other Models:
How does the Nespresso Expert compare to other Nespresso machine models?
Nespresso Expert vs. VertuoLine:
The VertuoLine is Nespresso’s first line of machines that can prepare espresso as well as coffee. Unlike Nespresso Expert, or other Nespresso machines, it does NOT use pressure to brew the coffee. Instead, it uses Centrifusion technology which spins the capsules rapidly while saturating it with water.
On the other hand, Expert works like a traditional espresso maker. It uses pressure for brewing espresso. It doesn’t make coffee like Vertuoline, but it can make Americano, which is espresso with hot water.
When it comes with other features, Nespresso VertuoLine does not have many of Expert’s new features:
- Adjustable temperature
- Americano cup size
- Hot Water dispenser.
- Bluetooth connectivity.
Another thing is, VertuoLine uses entirely different capsules than Expert. VertuoLine capsules are made to work with VertuoLine machines only. As for Expert, it uses Nespresso OriginalLine capsules.
Nespresso Expert vs. Lattissima Pro:
Lattissima Pro is a preferred model for people who enjoy milk based coffee drinks like Lattes and Cappuccinos. It has a built-in milk frothing system, developed by DeLonghi, that makes preparing a cup of delicious creamy coffee as easy as pressing a button.
Unlike other Nespresso machines, including the Expert, where you have to pick up the frother and add the milk manually, the Lattissima frother heats, froths and adds the milk to the cup, all automatically. And the milk container is detachable so you can store any left over milk in the fridge.
The Lattissima Pro has 6 pre-set drinks: espresso, lungo, Cappuccino, Latte, Ristretto, hot milk and it has hot water function. What the Lattissima Pro doesn’t have is the Expert’s features to adjust temperature, Americano function and Bluetooth.
Nespresso Expert vs. CitiZ:
CitiZ is one of Nespresso’s earliest espresso machines, and it is still popular as ever. It prepares espresso and lungo, and with the Aeroccino frother, you can also prepare your favorite milk based drinks. There’s no special customization with the CitiZ, other than the fact that you can reprogram the volume of each cup size. There’s no temperature settings or Bluetooth connectivity. It makes a great choice for someone looking for a small machine that does all coffee drinks, but with no special customization.
Nespresso Expert vs. Prodigio:
Prodigio is the first Nespresso machine to have smart Bluetooth connectivity. It is more comparable to older machines like the CitiZ, Pixie or Inissia, but with the added feature of Bluetooth, which is great for brewing coffee via the Nespresso app.
Should You Buy Nespresso Expert?
The biggest feature the Expert offers that coffee lovers might find useful the most is the adjustable temperature. As many customers before have noted that from one model to another, the temperature isn’t as hot as they’d like it to be. The Nespresso Expert gives you the option to choose from Warm, Hot and Extra Hot. The dedicated hot water dispenser is also quite useful for serving hot water on demand, either for making Americano, tea, or even instant meals.
The Bluetooth connectivity might some gimmicky to some, and it could be. Especially that in order to prepare a cup of coffee via your phone, you’ll need to have a coffee capsule inserted in the machine, meaning, you’ll either be next to the machine already or have to remember to keep the machine loaded with a capsule at all times. The Nespresso app will come quite handy though, for diagnosing and troubleshooting errors and for ordering Nespresso capsules.
Nespresso Expert Unboxing and Demo:
If you love your kitchen appliances to have good looks as well as function, you’ll absolutely love the Nespresso by KitchenAid espresso maker. These two brands collaborated to create this espresso maker to give it Nespresso’s high quality coffee brewing system and KitchenAid’s most iconic design.
Features of the KitchenAid Nespresso Machine:
- Brews Nespresso’s OriginalLine capsules.
- Select from 6 pre-set settings and coffee volumes, all can be reprogrammed.
- Heats up in under 30 seconds.
- 1.3 Liter water reservoir.
- Adjustable cup tray allows you to accommodate different cup sizes.
- Used capsule drawer.
- Premium all metal design.
- Available in different colors.
- Aeroccino milk frother available for purchase separately or as a bundle.
What Makes The Nespresso KitchenAid Machine Any Different Than Other Nesprsso Machines?
Since the Nespresso by KitchenAid espresso maker is compatible with Nespresso’s OriginalLine coffee capsules, then the coffee it produces is the same as machines like Inissia, Pixie, CitiZ or Lattissima. So, why would you choose Nespresso KitchenAid over those?
It’s all in the design.
The Nespresso KitchenAid has an iconic design that KitchenAid has always been known for. It’s the retro look, the iconic red color (although it is available in other colors), and how the machine operates. It still works as easily as the other Nespresso machines, you insert a capsule and push a button. But the Nespresso Kitchenaid has a lever for puncturing the capsule (the level closes the lid, which in turn punctures the capsule), it gives the machine an old feel of operating a retro lever espresso maker.
It’s not just the look of the machine, but the quality and feel, too. The Nespresso KitchenAid has a premium full die-cast metal housing. This gives it its fancy looks as well as durability.
Nespresso by KitchenAid vs. Nespresso Gran Maestria, What’s The Difference?
The Gran Maestria by Nespresso also has a beautiful retro design that is comparable to the Nespresso KitchenAid. It comes in two models, Maestria and Gran Maestria, which you can read more about here.
- The Maestria and Nespresso by KitchenAid both have a retro feel to them. But the KitchenAid version has the well-known KitchenAid design that you just can’t miss.
- Gran Maestria and Maestria have anodized Aluminum bodies while the Nespresso KitchenAid has a die-cast metal body. Both models have premium finishes.
Selections and Programmability:
- The Grand Maestria has two drink selections, Espresso and Lungo. And then you can select from 5 volume settings for each of these drinks.
- Nespresso KitchenAid also has two drink selections, but it has 6 volume settings for each drink.
If you like milk coffee drinks such as Cappuccinos or Lattes, then having a milk frother is a must. Nespresso usually offers their Aeroccino frother either as a separate purchase, bundled for a discounted price or in some models, it is built it.
- In the Gran Maestria, the milk frother is built into the machine’s base. Although it is detachable, but it powers up with the machine.
- In the Maestria, it has a steam wand for manual milk frothing. This is a great option for someone who wants a more creamier texture and enjoys texturing milk manually.
- With the Nespresso KitchenAid, you have the option of buying a bundle or buying the frother separately.
Buying a frother separately gives you the option of looking at frothers from other brands, too. You can see our recommendations here.
More About Nespresso OriginalLine Capsules:
Since Nespresso KitchenAid is an OriginalLine system, you’ll find many compatible coffee capsules to enjoy, either officially from Nespresso or from Nespresso-compatible brands. Here are some recommended reads on the topic:
- Where to Buy Nespresso Capsules.
- The Best Nespresso-Compatible Capsules
- Recommended Nespresso Capsules for Latte.
How To Use Nespresso KitchenAid Espresso Maker:
If you’re a new or existing Nespresso machine owner who lives in the UK, there are many ways you can get your Nespresso capsules, either in store or online. Our focus here is going to be buying your capsules online, since it’s more convenient and you can get more varieties than in-store. But if you prefer to buy your capsules in-store, visit the Nespresso Boutique locator here.
Buying Your Capsules Direct From Nespresso’s Website:
You can buy your Nespresso capsules directly from their website. However, buying from Nespresso’s website comes with some rules:
- Your purchase must always be in multiples of 50 capsules (5 sleeves). So, you can order 50, 100, 150 capsules and so on. You can mix the varieties you want.
- Free shipping is available for orders of 200 capsules and more.
For that reason, many customers choose to buy their Nespresso capsules from Amazon. Although it is slightly more expensive than buying direct from Nespresso, you get more freedom in choosing the number of capsules you want to buy, and you’ll get free postage even on orders less than 200 capsules.
Type of Nespresso Capsules Available on Amazon UK:
There are two type of capsules available for Nespresso machines:
- Original Nespresso Capsules – these are capsules that were made by Nespresso and are part of their official selection.
- Nespresso-compatible Capsules – these are capsules manufactured by brands other than Nespresso. But are made to work perfectly with Nespresso machines.
Usually, Nespresso-compatible capsules are a less expensive option and available in more varieties. But it’s always best to look at prices at the time of purchase and compare prices.
Best Original Nespresso Capsule Variety Packs:
Nespresso Capsules Variety Pack: This mixed pack includes 5 blends/types of capsules that range in intensity from medium to strong. The pack includes: 10 x Arpeggio , 10 x Ristretto , 10 x Roma, 10 x Livanto , 10 x Capriccio.
Nespresso Capsules Intenso Variety Pack: This pack includes 5 sleeves of the strongest Nespresso capsules. It includes: 10x Ristretto, 10x Arpeggio, 10x Kazaar, 10x Dharkan, 10x Roma. This pack is perfect for anyone who prefers their coffee on the strong side.
Nespresso Limited Edition Flavored Variety Pack: This pack of 3 sleeves includes limited edition flavors: 10 Vanilio, 10 Caramelito and 10 Ciocattino. These flavors are best enjoyed with milk, but of course, you can enjoy them anyway you prefer.
Best Nespresso-Compatible Variety Capsule Packs:
VIAGGIO Nespresso-Compatible Espresso Capsules: a premium pack that includes 60 capsules in total, and 6 different varieties. It includes: Ristretto, Intenso, Arabica, Espresso, Decaffeinato and Lungo.
Barista Italiano Nespresso-Compatible Variety Pack: this pack includes 90 premium capsules compatible with Nespresso machines. It includes 4 premium blends: 36 Intenso Napoletano, 18 Top Espresso, 18 Ristretto, 18 Delicato Arabica. Each blend is available to be purchased separately as well.
Belmio Nespresso-Compatible Capsules: What makes Belmio’s capsules special is that they’re the first Nespresso-compatible brand to offer aluminium capsules just like Nespresso’s. This means it packs more fresh coffee ground and it is recyclable. This variety pack includes 5 different blends/varieties.
Gourmesso Trial Bundle for Nespresso Machines: Gourmesso packs Fairtrade certified coffee in its Nespresso capsules. This pack includes 10 different blends in a variety of intensities.
Popular Nespresso Machine and Capsule Accessories:
Brabantia Nespresso Capsule Holder: This elegant capsule holder has a capacity of holding up to 30 capsules. In the middle, it has a canister that can hold items like spoons, stirrers or sugar. This canister is fully removable and dishwasher safe.
Horwood double-wall glasses are beautiful to look at. They are sold in a set in of 2, with different sizes suited for drinks like latte, cappuccino, espresso and more.
Sometimes when researching for Nespresso machines, you’ll come across some models that are under brand names other than Nespresso, especially if you’re in Europe. These brand names include KRUPS, DeLonghi and Magimix. Is there a difference between these machines and other Nespresso machines?
Nespresso KRUPS, Magimix or DeLonghi, What’s The Difference?
Let’s take the Nespresso Essenza Mini or CitiZ and Milk by KRUPS as an example. Would these be any different than the Essenza Mini or CitiZ we’ve featured long ago (that don’t have KRUPS to their name)?
The short answer to this is no, there’s absolutely no difference to them. They are still the same Nespresso machines sold everywhere around the world.
But why do they have the names KRUPS or Magimix (like the Nespresso Maestria by Magimix, for example)? This is because Nespresso has partnered with these brands to help them distribute their machines around the world. But by technology and design, they are still the same Nespresso machines, brewing the same delicious coffee you’ll get from any Nespresso machine. You’ll also get your customer service from Nespresso, if needed.
What About Nespresso by DeLonghi?
Now, Nespresso and DeLonghi have a different type of partnership. There are a number of espresso machines designed by DeLonghi but are powered by Nespresso. These machines combine the design and technology of two great brands to bring you a top-notch at home coffee experience.
An example of these machines is the DeLonghi Lattissima PRO:
This automatic espresso machine prepares your favorite coffee drink with a push of a button. It has a built-in milk frother that uses DeLonghi’s patented Cappuccino system and uses Nespresso’s Original capsules exclusively. You can learn all about the Lattissima Pro here.
As this particular model isn’t available in the UK, our readers from UK can have a look at the Nespresso Delonghi Lattissima Touch instead.
Does It Matter If You Choose a Nespresso by KRUPS, DeLonghi or Magimix?
Whatever brand you choose, as long as it has the Nespresso name, it will brew Nespresso’s capsule the same way and you’ll get the same quality of coffee drinks. If you go for a Nespresso machine by DeLonghi, you’ll get a slightly different experience due to the Cappuccino system by DeLonghi and different design, but the coffee quality and taste will remain the same.
Review of the Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by KRUPS:
Essenza is one of the first models Nespresso ever released and it has been discontinued for years. But to our surprise, Nespresso has released an entirely new and redesigned Essenza Mini, the smallest machine by Nespresso yet (as of mid-2017).
Features of Nespresso Essenza Mini:
- Compact and light design. Weighs at 5 pounds, Dimensions: (WxDxH) 4.3×8.0x12.8
- Available in two designs and 3 different colors.
- Removable water reservoir with 20.3 oz capacity.
- 19-bar pressure.
- 2 programmable cup sizes: Espresso and Lungo.
- OriginalLine capsules.
- Used capsule drawer capacity: 6 capsules.
Essenza Mini DeLonghi or Breville? What’s The Difference?
When buying an Essenza Mini, you’ll find it available under two brand names: DeLonghi or Breville. As you can see from the picture, the difference between the two brand names is the design as well as a available colors. Essenza Mini by DeLonghi is available in black, red and lime green, while the Breville design is available in black or white. Other than that, both machines perform in an identical way.
Essenza Mini vs. Inissia, What’s The Difference?
Before the Essenza Mini, Inissia was the most compact Nespresso machine available. So, what has changed for Essenza Mini to earn this title?
- Inissia: (WxHxD) 7.5 x 12.9 x 13.5 in
- Essenza Mini: (WxHXD) 4.3×12.8 x 8.0 inch
Clearly, The Essenza Mini is smaller in width and depth, but is almost the same hight as the Inissia.
Water Reservoir Capacity:
- Inissia has 24 oz capacity.
- Essenza Mini: 20.3 oz capacity.
Used Capsule Drawer:
- Inissia can hold up to 11 used capsules
- Essenza Mini can hold up to 6 used capsules.
So, for Essenza Mini:
- The water reservoir is smaller than Inissia by about 4 oz.
- The uses capsule container holds less capsules.
- But, it is 3.2 Inches less in width than Inissia. Which saves you a lot of counter space.
Essenza Mini vs. Pixie, What’s The Difference?
Pixie is one of the higher end machines from Nespresso. Although they all produce the same delicious coffee, Pixie has a more premium feel to it thanks to its stainless steel finish, LED indicators and overall retro modern design.
Pixie is more comparable to Inissia (our previous comparison can be found here), it has the same water reservoir capacity and the same used capsule drawer capacity. However, Pixie’s dimension is smaller than Inissia (WxHxD): 4.4 x 9.3 x 12.8 in
So when it comes to sizes, here’s the machines ranking from smallest to small (since they’re all compact really):
- Essenza Mini
But if we’re going to compare designs, Essenza Mini has a plastic body much like Inissia. So while they still look great and colorful, they have a less premium finish that Pixie’s metal plates and LED indicators which pump up its look and feel.
Buying Capsules for Nespresso Essenza Mini:
Essenza Mini is part of Nespresso’s OriginalLine machines. So to brew coffee, you can choose:
- from Nespresso’s 24 Grands Crus capsules
- Nespresso-compatible capsules from other brands.
- Refillable capsules for Nespresso (non-official).
Should You Upgrade to Essenza Mini?
Essenza Mini is mostly targeted to newcomers to the world of Nespresso. If this will be your first time buying a Nespresso machine, and you’re looking for a compact and cool design, the Essenza Mini would make a great choice.
On the other hand, if you already have an OriginalLine Nespresso machine at home and looking to upgrade, Essenza Mini will give you the same experience, so it won’t be much of an upgrade. Maybe you should consider trying VertuoPlus by Nespresso which brews espresso and coffee, uses different capsules than OriginalLine machines and should give you an new experience. Another great upgrade would be the Creatista, which includes a built-in steamer that creates professionally textured milk automatically.
If you’re a Nespresso owner as well as a Starbucks coffee fan, you’ll be happy to know that now you can enjoy your Starbucks coffee with your Nespresso machine! It’s been a long wait til the two coffee brands came together to give us what we wanted. So, here’s everything you need to know about Starbucks Capsules for Nespresso.
The Capsules, Blends and Compatibility:
- Developed with Nespresso to work perfectly with original line Nespresso machines: Essenza Mini, Pixie, CitiZ, Expert, Lattissima, KitchenAid, Creatista
- Contains a range of roast intensities from Starbucks Blonde roasts (intensity level 6) to dark roasts (intensity level 11)
- These espresso capsules brew from 0.85, 1.35, or 3.7 ounces. Pop in the Nespresso Capsule and select the espresso, ristretto, or lungo brew size
- Package contains 5 boxes of 10 Starbucks Favorites Nespresso Capsules to make up to 50 cups
- This variety pack of Best Selling Favorites of Starbucks Nespresso roasts includes Blonde Espresso Roast, House Blend, Single-Origin Colombia, Pike Place Roast, and Caffè Verona
- Starbucks Capsules for Nespresso are available in different blends and varieties.
- The capsules are compatible with Nespresso OriginalLine machines only. Which means, these are Espresso capsules and will work with models such as Inissia, Pixie, Citiz, Lattissima, Gran Maestria and will NOT work with any VertuoLine machines like VerutoLine, Vertuo, Evoluo and so on.
- These capsules have been developed by Nespresso for Starbucks. Unlike the older Starbucks capsules that were made of plastic, these capsules are made from aluminum, just like Nespresso’s own capsules, and are recyclable.
Are These Officially Licensed Starbucks Capsules?
Yes, indeed! These Nespresso capsules are officially released by Starbucks and are made especially to work with Nespresso OriginalLine machines.
Other Nespresso-Compatible Capsules:
If you’re in the mood for trying different type of Nespresso-compatible capsules, read our past recommendations: