The question of CBTL Kaldi vs. Nespresso often comes up from people considering a single-serve espresso machine. Nespresso’s machine are popular indeed, but the truth is, they don’t fit everyone’s needs. There are many reasons you should consider Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf’s Kaldi S04 Single-Serve espresso and coffee maker over a Nespresso machine, here’s our opinion:
CBTL Kaldi S04 vs. Nespresso: Which Is Best?
- CBTL Kaldi is actually different than a Nespresso machine. Nespresso is an Espresso machine, so it brews espresso only. The Kaldi is a single-serve beverage center, it makes: espresso, brewed coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.
- Nespresso’s machine are compatible with Nespresso capsules only. For Kaldi, you’ve got a wider option to choose from, as it’s compatible with any capsules that are labeled as CAFFITALY capsules. These capsules are mostly available online, more popular in Europe than the US, but you can still find them in Amazon.com.
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s capsule range include many coffee blends, teas and hot chocolate to choose from. They’re available online, at store and at many different retailers (like Bed Bath & Beyond and Target). Make sure you check their range of capsules before commit to the machine, just to make sure you’ll find everything you like.
- CBTL’s milk frother works just like Nespresso’s Aeroccino. You can get it as a bundle with the machine or buy it separately.
- Kaldi’s water reservoir is quite generous at 40 oz. Nespresso’s biggest water reservoir is about 34 oz.
Other Things to Consider:
- While the Kaldi does accommodate different cup sizes, it does not accommodate travel mugs.
- The machine does brew tea, however, if tea is your main drink of choice, you shouldn’t rely on it. It does brew OK tea, but since tea is a drink that needs steeping for the best results, you won’t get this. Although it is great for making tea drinks like CBTL’s famous Chai Latte.
This is a fantastic machine that will offer you a wide range of beverages perfect for any time in the day. The variety of available capsules is great, whether you like a dark, medium or light roast, flavored coffee or espresso blends from around the world.