In This Post:
- How To Use Nespresso Inissia
- Nespresso Inissia Comparisons
- Common Questions About Nespresso Inissia
- Best Accessories for Nespresso Inissia
The new Nespresso Inissia is by far the most affordable Nespresso machine for around $100 or under (price correct as of the writing of the post). If you’ve been wanting to get yourself a Nespresso machine but was not quite ready to pay over $200 for it, this is your chance to experience the luxury of Nespresso for way less.
And just because it’s an affordable option in comparison to other Nespresso machines, it does not mean it’s not as good. Quite on the contrary, it is actually just as powerful as the other Nespresso machines, but does lack some features (which we’ll talk about in detail a bit). Here are the features of the Nespresso Inissia:
- 19 bar pressure pump espresso machine.
- 25 seconds pre-heat time.
- 24 ounce water reservoir.
- Two programmable Espresso and Lungo buttons.
- Removable drip tray to accommodate tall cups.
- Used capsule drawer holds up to 9 or 11 capsules.
- Available in black, cream or red.
Review of Nespresso Inissia:
How Is The Nespresso Inissia Different Than Pixie, U or CitiZ?
So far, the Nespresso Inissia sounds like any other Nespresso machine. Then why are they priced so differently?
The first comparison we’ll do is the Nespresso Inissia vs. Pixie since they’re the most similar when it comes to design and aesthetics…
Inissia vs. Pixie Comparison:
Image Feature Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump
2 Programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation
Removable 24 ounce water tank; Folding cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses; Used capsule container holds 9-11 used capsules
Energy efficient; A Class energy rating; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
Programmable buttons for espresso and lungo, folding drip tray for larger cups and recipes, brew ready in 25-30 seconds
Backlight indicators, water level detection, auto power-off, used capsule container, convenient power cord storage
12.83-Inch length by 4.33-Inch width by 9-1/4-Inch height
24-Ounce water tank
Title Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker, Black Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, Electric Titan Height 9 inch 9.25 inch Weight 5.3 pound 9 pound Width 4.7 inch 4.33 inch Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
As you can see from the chart above, the two machines are identical in most features. But here’s what you’re giving up on when you get the Inissia instead of the Pixie:
- The Pixie is the only Nespresso machine made in Switzerland.
- The Inissia is made of plastic, that includes the machine’s body and drip tray, where the Pixie, while it does have few plastic parts, it’s mostly made of aluminum which is more durable.
- The Inissia does NOT have an on/off button. To operate the machine: plug it in, wait for the espresso/lungo buttons to stop blinking and it will be ready to use.
- The Pixie features an LED backlight which is also an indicator that lets you know when you need to refill the water tank.
Inissia vs. Citiz: Are They Different?
They are indeed! The CitiZ is the largest Nespresso machine, it has the largest water tank (34 ounces) of all Nespresso machines. It comes with a built-in milk frother or as a stand-alone machine.
Like the Pixie, the Citiz has a more durable body with metal parts. It also has the same LED backlight indicator. So it’s different than the Inissia in the same way.
Nespresso Inissia vs. U:
The last machine we’ll compare the Inissia to is the U, which is a popular choice. The difference between these two when it comes to functionality is quite different:
While the Inissia only offers two buttons for espresso and lungo, the Nespresso U is the most customizable of all Nespresso machines:
- It has 3 buttons: Espresso, Lungo and Ristretto. All automatically adjustable as well as re-programmable.
- It automatically memorizes your favorite customization. It automatically recognizes your most frequent customization as soon as you close the lever.
- Its water tank is removable and it rotates 180-degrees to it can be adjusted to your available space.
So, Should You Get the Nespresso Inissia or Another Nespresso Machine?
As a truly affordable Nesprseso machine, the Inissia is quite great. It’s amazing that it can bring such features for this low of a price. As for the features you’re giving up, you have to think of how you’re going to use the machine to see if you can give up on them to save on the price.
When it comes to capsules, the Inissia, U, Pixie or Citiz all use the same capsules, so you’re getting the same quality of coffee. The only thing, I believe, that could bring the quality down, is if you set up your coffee volumes on the Inissia incorrectly that it could be watered down. But of course, you can always re-program the buttons again, so it’ll be a matter of testing.
Common Questions and Answers:
Where Can I Buy the Nespresso Inissia?
You can buy the Inissia from Amazon.com or Nespresso.com. You’ll also find some machine/Aeroccino frother bundles available.
Where Can I Buy Nespresso Capsules for The Inissia?
They’re available online at Nespresso, Amazon or locally at Nespresso boutiques worldwide. Click here to learn more about Nespresso Capsules.
Is There a Difference Between Nespresso Inissia and Essenza?
Short answer: The Essenza is the older version of the Inissia, which features a lot of improvements. Refer to this post for more information:
Can You Make Cappuccino or Latte With the Nespresso Inissia?
On its own, the machine does not froth milk, but only makes espresso. If you want to make Cappuccino, Latte or any other milk based drink, you’ll have to bundle it with a milk frother.
What Should I Buy With My Nespresso Machine?
Have a look at our recommended Nespresso Accessories here.
Do I Receive Nespresso Capsules With My Inissia?
Yes, you do. You receive a starter pack which includes 1 of each flavor they have.
Can The Nespresso Capsule Be Used More Than Once?
No, it can’t. Each capsule can be used once only.
Accessories To Buy With Your Nespresso Inissia:
DecoBros Crystal Tempered Glass Nespresso Pod Storage: the most elegant way to organize your Nespresso pods and keep them at hand. It holds up to 42 capsules, and the tempered glass is tough enough for your machine to sit on it. If you’d prefer a different design, see all suggested pod organizers here.
If you want to use a refillable Nespresso capsule then Sealpod is the only way to go, it is the best rated. The pack includes two stainless steel pod that you can use with your Inissia or any OriginalLine Nespresso machine.
Double wall glasses are the coolest way to enjoy your cup of coffee. Seeing your favorite drink suspended is simply fun. But not only that, having double-wall is also great for keeping temperature of the drink longer and it eliminates condensation if you’re having a cold drink. These glasses by Bodum are available in sizes for espresso, cappuccino and tall glasses for latte. They’re also available in different shapes.
We’ve already compared two Lattissima models, the EN 750MB vs. EN 720 M. Today, we’re comparing yet another similar set of Lattissima machines, the Lattissima Pro (America EN750MB) vs. the Lattissima Plus.
Comparison Chart: Lattissima Pro vs. Lattissima Plus:
Image Feature Patented single touch hot milk system; simply slide the milk tank onto front of the machine; clean button makes it easy to maintain
Convenient illuminated control panel buttons allow you to choose your favorite drink with ease, with 3 milk and 2 coffee selections
Patented coffee capsule system
Energy-saving with adjustable auto-off timer
Accommodates latte cups with the unique sliding drip tray
Patented De'Longhi automatic cappuccino Latte Crema System
Patented Nespresso capsule system
Sensor touch display
Premium finishes and Italian design
Choose among 6 pre-programmed drinks (ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, hot milk and hot water function for tea
Title DeLonghi Silver Lattissima Plus Nespresso Capsule System De'Longhi America EN750MB Nespresso Lattissima Pro Machine Height 10.2 inch 13 inch Weight 9 pound 12.6 pound Width 6.6 inch 7.6 inch Length 12.5 inch 10.79 inch Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
What Is The Difference Between The Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus?
The Lattissima Pro is a more high-end version of the Plus. It has a stainless steel finish and blue LED backlight.
Most importantly, the Lattisima Pro has a touch-display for machine control. the Lattissima Plus uses buttons.
- The Lattissima Pro has 6 pre-set drinks: ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte and hot milk). It also includes a hot water function. The Lattissima Plus has 2 coffee options and 3 milk options.
- The Lattissima Pro has an auto-clean feature for the machine as well the milk frother.
- The used coffee capsule drawer for the PRO holds up to 16 capsules, 12 capsules on the PLUS.
- Water tank capacity: 44 oz for the PRO, 30 oz for the PLUS
- Milk frother capacity: 17 oz for the PRO, 8 oz for the PLUS.
- Preheat time: the Lattissima PRO heats up in 25 seconds while the PLUS heats in 40 seconds.
Which Is Best To Buy, DeLonghi Lattissima Pro or Lattissima Plus?
The Lattissima PRO is far more superior than the Lattissima PLUS. But it costs more, better suited for a budget of $600. So it all goes down to your budget, if you can afford it, you won’t go wrong with the Lattissima Pro, while the Lattissima Plus will make a less expensive alternative for under $400.
Watch This Video of How Lattissima Pro Works:
Note: The owner of the video did the mistake of cleaning the frother into their coffee. This is clearly an oversight, you should always remove your brewed coffee before the machine starts the cleaning process.
Lattissima Pro vs. Lattissima Touch, How Are They Different?
The Lattissima Touch isn’t that different from the Lattissima Plus which we’ve already compared to the Lattissima Pro. The only difference to the Plus version is that Lattissima Touch has touch buttons and has a larger water reservoir capacity (44 oz). So, water capacity on the Touch is the same as the capacity of the Lattissima Pro. As for the milk container, the Lattissima Pro definitely has the largest capacity of all three machines.
Design wise, the Lattissima Touch is the same as the Plus. And the Lattissima Pro is the most superior with its brushed metal exterior, which is far more elegant and more durable.
Drink presets on the Lattissima Touch are also the same as the Lattissima Plus.
Popular Nespresso and DeLonghi Accessories to Consider:
DeLonghi Double Walled Thermal Latte Glasses. Also available as Espresso and Cappuccino glasses.
Nifty Nespresso Capsule Drawer
Nespresso Capsules – 50 count of best flavors mix.
Further Questions About the Lattissima Pro and Plus:
What’s In The Box of Lattissima Pro and Lattissima Plus?
For each machine you’ll get the machine and all its components as well as a sampler pack of Nespresso capsules (one of each flavor).
Does The Lattissima Pro/Plus Make Regular Coffee?
No it doesn’t. It makes espresso and espresso based drinks. The closest thing to a regular coffee would be to make Espresso and add hot water to it (Americano).So far, the only Nespresso machine that makes regular coffee is the new VertuoLine machine.
What Can The Nespresso Lattissima Make?
Espresso, Lungo, Americano (espresso + hot water), Macchiato, Latte, Cappuccino. Basically any espresso based drink.
What Is the Integrated Milk Frother Made From? Is It Dishwasher Safe?
It is made of plastic, and yes, it is dishwasher safe.
Can I Make Hot Chocolate With The Lattissima Pro or Plus?
With the Lattissima Pro, you have the option of frothing milk only without preparing coffee, which you can easily add chocolate powder or shavings too. This option is NOT available in the Lattissima Plus.
Can I Use My Own Coffee Ground?
All Nespresso machine are designed to use Nespresso Capsules exclusively. There are a few unofficial refillable nespresso pods, however they’re not usually recommended. Nespresso has a wide range of coffee flavors and blends, so you won’t be disappointed. If you’re looking for additional flavors, you can try Nespresso compatible capsules.
Where Can I Buy Nespresso Capsules?
Where Is The DeLonghi Lattissima Pro/Plus Made?
Both machines are made in Italy.
Should I Buy a Lattissima or a CitiZ?
You can read our comparison here to help you with your decision.
In case you haven’t heard about the Vertuo yet, it’s Nespresso’s newest invention that makes you both Espresso and Coffee using a new brewing method. We’ve written a detailed post about the Nespresso VertuoLine machine, but here’s a quick recap:
- Unlike other Nespresso machines, VertuoLine brews both espresso and coffee.
- It uses a new NEVER seen before technology to brew coffee and espresso called “Centrifusion Technology”. This technology spins the capsule at 7,000 spins per minute, mixing the coffee with water, to brew the perfect cup of coffee or espresso.
- The VertuoLine has a new completely redesigned type of capsule.
- The machine features a smart technology that automatically recognizes the type of capsule you’ve inserted and adjusts the machine settings accordingly. You still have the option to adjust the machine as you like, too.
You can buy the VertuoLine machine on it’s own or you can get this really cool bundle which will complete your at home coffee bar. It includes:
- The VertuoLine machine in Chrome, Red or Black (your choice).
- The sampler set which includes 8 coffee pods and 4 espresso pods.
- The Nespresso Aeroccino automatic milk frother for creating signature coffee house drinks.
If you decide to get this bundle, you’ll be saving HALF price on the Nespresso Aeroccino!
Where to Buy the Nespresso VertuoLine Bundle?
You can buy it from Amazon.com (which offers free shipping).
There’s a number of DeLonghi Espresso machines that are powered with Nespresso’s patented capsule system. One of these is the DeLonghi Lattissima, a fully automated espresso, cappuccino and latte system. The DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720M has been one of the best selling Lattissima machines, but there’s a new comer that’s definitely worth considering, the Lattissima EN PRO 750MB. Today, we’ll be comparing these two machines to help you decide which is the best option for you.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 750MB vs. EN720:
Let’s start with the EN 750MB:
The first thing you’ll notice about this Lattissma in comparison to the other is that it’s almost cut in half, size wise, as the buttons have been moved from the front panel to the top. That’s excellent news for anyone that does not have much counter-top space. Other than that, let’s have a look at its features [source]:
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- DeLonghi’s patented Rapid Cappuccino System that allows for touch-button milk frothing.
- Fast pre-heat time, 25 seconds for coffee and 40 seconds for milk.
- 0.5 L removable milk tank.
- 1.3 L removable water tank.
- 6 pre-set buttons for espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte, hot water and milk.
- All pre sets can be reprogrammable and memorized by the machine.
- Display screen with easy to use controls.
- Uses Nespresso’s coffee capsules exclusively.
- Used capsule container holds up to 15 capsules. Illuminated with white LED.
- Adjustable coffee spout/drip tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
This machine is also available for purchase from Zappos.com.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720 M:
- DeLoghi’s Single Touch hot milk system for milk frothing with a touch of a button.
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- Illuminated control buttons (without display screen).
- 6 pre-sets for espresso, lungo, cappuccino, macchiato, hot water, milk. All reprogrammable.
- Removable 40 ounce water tank (about 1.3L). Removable milk tank.
- Uses Nespresso’s Capsules exclusively.
- Startup time eliminated with self-priming operation.
- Adjustable drip tray allows you to use different cup sizes.
So, What is The Difference Between The Two Machines?
As you can see, features wise, they’re almost identical. The work the same way and provide the same excellent coffee. The difference comes in the design:
The Control Panel:
The DeLonghi Lattissima EN PRO 750MB (left) has a better control panel with touch screen buttons and an easy to read illuminated display. The control panel sits on top of the machine, unlike the EN 720M, which makes the machine more compact in size… which brings us to our second difference…
Size and Weight:
Lattissima EN 750MB: 10.8 x 7.6 x 13 inches ; 12.6 pounds
Lattissima EN 720M: 13.8 x 8.7 x 10.1 inches ; 9 pounds
What you want to pay attention to is the size rather than the weight. Make sure that you get a machine that you will be able to sit underneath your cabinets, or however your kitchen is set up. The weight doesn’t matter as it’s the type of appliance that you don’t carry or move around much, and as for shipping charges, if you’re buying from Amazon.com, you’ll be getting free shipping to your doorstep regardless of weight!
Which Is Best to Buy? The Lattissima EN 750 MB or EN 720?
We are definitely leaning towards the Lattissima EN 750 MB for many reasons:
- It’s an upgraded version of the EN 720.
- It’s smaller in size, saves you counter top space.
- Its intuitive control panel, easy to read LED makes drink personalization and memorization a breeze!
- It is actually less expensive than the EN 720 M.
Nespresso lovers, BEHOLD YOURSELVES! Your ultimate dream Nespresso machine has finally arrived! An all new Nespresso experience that you DO NOT want to miss on. The VertuoLine Nespresso Machine….
** Note: Since the release of this machine, there’s been two other VertuoLine machines, Nespresso Evoluo and Nespresso Vertuo**
What Is The Nespresso VertuoLine Machine? And How Is It Different From the Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ (VertuoLine vs. Original Line)?
There’s quite a BIG difference between all Nespresso machines and the VertuoLine. We’ve always known Nespresso as the best single-serve espresso machine… the VertuoLine takes it a bit further…
- The Nespresso VertuoLine is the first Nespresso machine that delivers espresso as well as brewed coffee!
- A never SEEN before technology known as Centrifusion technology, available only on the VertuoLine machine. (more on this below)
- It has completely redesigned espresso capsules and coffee capsules.
- It’s an intelligent machine that recognizes each capsule and provides the best settings for that capsule automatically.
- Faster pre-heat time, machine is ready to use at 15 to 20 seconds.
How The Nespresso VertuoLine Brews Coffee and Espresso and How the New Capsules Work:
The new VertuoLine system capsules are designed to brew you a more flavorful and more aromatic cup of coffee or espresso topped with the perfect crema. It’s a truly smart system that automatically recognizes the type of capsule you inserted and sets the machine accordingly. All you have to do is push a button!
When you hit that button, the capsules spins 7,000 times per minute, mixing the coffee with hot water to brew the perfect cup of black coffee or shot of espresso. You’re ensured the most flavorful cup of coffee, every single time. That’s what Nespresso calls the Centrifusion Technology. The machine is not a pump based machine like other Nespresso machines, it employs this new technology to make even better coffee. Perhaps the best coffee you’ve ever tasted.
A Coffee capsule makes a 7.77 oz cup of coffee. An espresso capsule will make you a 1.35 oz shot of espresso. You’ll be able to adjust those volumes manually, if you’d like.
Full Nespresso VertuoLine Features:
- Machine brews full cup of black coffee or espresso.
- Fully redesigned Nespresso capsules allow for more flavor and more delicious cup of coffee.
- Automatic recognition of inserted capsule type. No need to change settings.
- Adjustable coffee volume settings.
- Used capsule container holds up to 14 capsules.
- Adjustable drip tray accommodates different cup sizes.
- 40 oz water tank.
- 15-20 seconds pre-heat time.
- 9 minute automatic shut-off
- machine dimensions: 8.32″ x 11.91″ x 11.93″
- Weight: 10.8 lbs.
Where To Buy the Nespresso VertuoLine Espresso and Coffee Machine?
The VertuoLine is available for purchase on Nespresso’s website. You can also buy it from Amazon.com and get free shipping on it.
You can buy the machine alone, or you can bundle it with the Aeroccino automatic milk frother for push-button milk frothing. It’s available in black, chrome or red.
Click to buy it from Amazon:
Where to Buy The VertuoLine Capsules?
Capsules are also available at Nespresso or Amazon.com. They’re less expensive on Nespresso than Amazon, but there’s a reason why many people still buy their Nespresso capsules from Amazon.
How To Use The Nespresso VertuoLine:
How To Make a Latte (Or Cappuccino) Using VertuoLine:
Nespresso VertuoLine vs. Lattissima Plus, Is There a Difference?
Whether you’re wondering about the Lattisima PRO or PLUS, these two machine are DIFFERENT than the VertuoLine in many ways:
- The Nespresso Lattissima are of Nespresso’s Original machines, so they use the Original Nespresso capsules.
- The Lattissima DOES NOT make regular coffee like the VertuoLine does.
- The Lattissima has an integrated milk frother, so its better suited towards someone who wants to make specialty coffee drinks. The VertuoLine can make specialty coffee drinks too, but its frother is not built-in.
Learn more about the Lattissima in the following posts:
- The difference Between Lattissima PRO and Lattissima PLUS.
- Lattissima EN 750MB vs. EN 720M, What’s The Difference Between them.
Watch how Lattissima PRO works to see the difference:
One thing worth mentioning is the process of making coffee:
- Watching the VertuoLine video, you’ll notice that it only has ONE button. The machine recognizes capsules automatically by reading the bar code, so you don’t have to select any type of settings.
- Using the Lattissima, you still go through some settings like coffee volume or froth type.
Common Questions About the Nespresso VertuoLine Machine:
Does the Nespresso VertuoLine Use Pump to Brew Coffee/Espresso?
No, it does not. It uses a whole new innovative technology called Centrifusion which spins the coffee capsules rapidly, at 7000 spins per minute, to brew the coffee or espresso.
Can I Use Regular or Refillable Nespresso Capsules with the VertuoLine?
No, you can’t. The Nespresso VertuoLine has its own new capsules for coffee and espresso.
How Loud/Quiet Is The Machine?
Because the machine does not use a pump, it’s much quieter than a pump Nespresso machine.
What Doe The Box Include?
It includes a the machine, a sampler pack with 8 coffee capsules and 4 espresso capsules (all available flavors). And if you chose a bundle with the milk frother, it will include the Aeroccino frother, too.
It Looks Like It Has One Button Only! How Does This Machine Adjust Coffee/Espresso?
The VertuoLine has two types of capsules (they don’t work with regular Nespresso machines) for coffee and espresso. Each capsule has a code bar on its rim. The machine uses a laser to immediately scan that code, so it knows which capsule you’ve inserted, and will automatically know what to brew.
Need to adjust the volume of each drink? Just keep pressing that one button as it brews until you have your desired drink. The machine will memorize your selection/adjustment.
Is There a Nespresso VertuoLine Capsules Storage Available?
Yes, there are. You can see them here.
Are There Refillable Capsules Available for This Machine?
No, not yet.
How Much Coffee Does Each VertuoLine Capsule Make?
1.4 oz for espresso and 8 oz for the coffee capsule. Both can be reprogrammed to your taste (increase or decrease volume).
Nespresso is one of the most popular single-serve espresso machines on the market right now. But there’s been a been a few contenders in the same category that are worth considering, the Keurig Rivo is one of them.
One of the first questions that come to mind is, how does the Keurig Rivo differ from the Nespresso machine. And that’s what we will be answering in this post.
The Difference Between Nespresso and Keurig Rivo:
The two machines are single-serve espresso machines that make you espresso, cappuccinos and lattes with push button controls. But they’re still entirely different systems.
Each machine has its own dedicated coffee capsules. Nespresso machines use Nespresso capsules exclusively. The Keurig Rivo uses Coffee capsules made by Lavazza, one of the leading Italian coffee brands.
There’s quite a difference in the available variety of capsules, too. Nespresso offers about 20 or more capsule varieties, and offers other limited edition flavors from time to time. Lavazza’s Rivo capsules are available in only 4 capsules, which give you different espresso intensities.
Both Nespresso and Lavazza capsules are available in retail stores and online and can be purchased easily.
Nespresso has a few machines to choose from. Although they all work the same way, each has a few different characteristics that offer you an experience more suitable to your needs.
The Keurig Rivo is only one machine and it’s the only machine that accepts Lavazza’s Rivo capsules.
Which Machine Should I Buy? The Keurig Rivo 500 or a Nespresso Machine?
There are a few things to consider before you make that decision:
- One of the most important things to keep in mind is that when you’re buying a single-serve espresso machine, you’re committing to its coffee capsules. If you’re a fan of Lavazza coffee, then you’ll definitely enjoy the Rivo system. Otherwise, having a Nespresso machine offers you more coffee capsules to try and enjoy.
- What coffee drink do you enjoy the most? This will determine whether or not a milk frother will be needed. The Keurig Rivo has a built in milk frother that allows for easy milk based coffee drinks. With Nespresso machines, you have two options: You can get the Nespresso CitiZ, Nespresso U Milk or Delonghi Lattissma (powered by Nespresso), which have built-in milk frothers. Or you can get a stand-alone machine either bundled with an electric milk frother or on its own. So you do have more options to choose from.
- If you’d like to try a different variety of coffee every now and then, you’ll definitely enjoy the Nespresso selection. There’s also an option to by a refillable Nespresso coffee capsule that you can fill with your choice of coffee, although it’s not officially licensed, it does work.
How Does The Keurig Rivo Compare to the new Nespresso VertuoLine?
- The Nespresso VertuoLine is a more versatile machine. It’s the first Nespresso that is able to prepare both Coffee and Espresso, using different capsules. It also uses a new brewing technology that no other espresso machine has. click here for a detailed post about the VertuoLine.
- The Keurig Rivo is an espresso machine that prepares espresso as well as espresso based drinks. It does not make regular coffee.
Maestria espresso machines are two of Nespresso’s more upscale and premium espresso machines. Built with highly premium materials, and offers more customization options, and gives you an espresso experience closer to a commercial and more industrial espresso machine, yet with the ease of a home espresso machine.
How Is The Nespresso Maestria Different Than Other Nespresso Machines?
Essentially, all Nespresso machines work the same. They use Nespresso’s capsules system to brew a single cup of espresso that is pre-measured and perfect every single time. However, the Maestria and Gran Maestria are built differently, with anodized aluminum bodies, bigger water tank and more customization options than other machines like Pixie, U or CitiZ which will give you only two sizes (that are re-programmable). The Maesrtia line also uses a thermoblock heating system, which gives you better heat and pressure.
Now let’s have a look at the two machines in detail:
Nespresso Maestria D500:
- 47 oz water tank.
- Dial control for espresso and lungo volume (1 to 5)
- 19 bar pressure.
- Used capsule drawer holds up to 14 capsules.
- preheat time: 25 seconds.
- Classic steam wand for milk frothing.
- Pivoting cup tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
- Anodized aluminum body.
- Available in cream or red.
- Weight: 11 lbs / 5.3 kg
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 11.9 x 15.2 in 17 x 30.2 x 38.5 cm
- Made in Switzerland.
Nespresso Gran Maestria D520:
- 47 oz water tank.
- Dial control for espresso and lungo volume (1 to 5)
- 19 bar pressure.
- Used capsule drawer holds up to 14 capsules.
- preheat time: 25 seconds.
- Stainless Steel Aeroccino automatic milk rother.
- Pivoting cup tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
- Cup warmer plate.
- Anodized aluminum body.
- Available in platinum, titanium or black.
- Weight: 15 lbs / 7 kg
- Dimensions: 12.6 x 11.9 x 15.2 in 32 x 30.2 x 38.5 cm
- Made in Switzerland.
See it in action by watching this video:
So, What Is The Difference Between the Maestria and Gran Maestria?
Basically, and apart from weight and dimensions, both machines work exactly the same one. The TWO difference would be that the Maestria D500 uses a traditional steam wand for milk frothing as the Gran Maestria features a push-button Aeroccino milk frother, and it has a cup warming plate. The steam wand can be tricky to handle for some people, which can make their espresso making experience unpleasant. The Maestria would require some experience or at least someone with enough patience to learn how to use the steam wand (it’s not that hard, just requires some patience until you figure out the best timing, temperature and consistency for milk). You can watch this video for a demonstration of how the steam wand should work:
I would say both the Maestria and Grand Maestria are a better fit for more advanced users, the Maestria especially. They’re both also more expensive than Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ, and are suited for someone with a budget of over $500. They are very well price considering that they are Swiss made and have full aluminum body, not to mention the thermoblock heating. One of these two machines should last you a long time to come.
However, if you’re on a budget that is under $200-$300, you’ll be just fine with one of Nespresso’s other machines. You’ll still get the same delicious coffee at the same level of convenience. Click here to find other in-depth information on Nespresso machines.
– Nespresso Gran Maestria vs. Lattissima Plus, What Is The Difference?
The Gran Maestria is overall a more powerful machine with beautiful classic looks. Features wise, here’s the difference between the two:
Gran Maestria: 25 seconds Lattissima Plus: 40 seconds
Water Tank Capacity:
Gran Maestria: 47 oz. Lattissima: 30 oz.
Gran Maestria: Anodized aluminum exterior components Lattissima: Plastic
Gran Maestria: Stainless steel Lattissima: Plastic
Gran Maestria: 5 selections Lattissima: 3 selections
– How Does The Built-In Aeroccino Milk Frother Work?
Simply pour in cold milk, select from 4 type of milk froth (Cappuccino froth, Latte froth, Steamed Milk or Cold Froth) and it will do the rest!
If you’ve been thinking about getting into luxurious world of at home espresso by Nespresso but found the prices to be out of your budget, here’s some good news! You can still get most of what the newest Nespresso machines get you, for less the price with the Essenza C91. So read on to see how the Essenza is different than the Nespresso U, Pixie or CitiZ and decide if you’re willing to give up a few small features to save some money.
How the Nespresso Essenza Is Different Than Other Nespresso Machines?
We’ve already covered many other Nespresso machines before (see here for a comparison between U, Pixie and CitiZ). For starters, the Nespresso Essenza is one of the earliest Nespresso machine models, so naturally, it lacks some of the new features. That shouldn’t be a deal breaker for everyone though.
Here are some of the feature differences:
- The Essenza’s pre-heat time is 60 seconds, while other models preheat in as fast as 25 seconds.
- While other Nespresso machines have automatic coffee volume control, the Essenza uses manual controls. If you refer to the photo above, you’ll notice it has only two buttons, the switch button and a coffee button which you’ll manually use to adjust your preferred coffee volume. Other Nespresso machines have automatic volume control (espresso button and lungo button), and they’re all adjustable to your taste as well.
- The Essenza’s water tank is 30 oz, which is actually a higher capacity that Pixie’s and U’s water tank. The largest water tank so far goes to the CitiZ, which is at 34 oz.
- Newer Nespresso machines also feature different light indicators for empty water tank, full capsules drawer and descale indication, all of which the Essenza lacks.
- Essenza is available in Black only. Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ all available in many different color choices.
Should You Buy The Nespresso Essenza Or Get a Newer Model?
If you’re on a budget, then the Essenza is definitely a great choice. Of course, you’ll be giving up a few features and conveniences, but you’ll still get the same delicious coffee other Nespresso machines make. If you can stretch your budget a bit more, then your second best choice (price wise and feature wise) would be the Nespresso U, which is top of the line and still considerably lower in price than other machines.
Nespresso Essenza or Inissia, Which Should You Get?
If you should compare any Nespresso machine to the Essenza, it should be Inissia. As of early January 2015, the Inissia came as a replacement to the Essenza. It features major design improvement, as you can see from the pic, it’s much more attractive in design that the Essenza. You can see how the two compare to each other by visiting this post.
How To Use The Essenza Machine:
This video shows you how manual the Essenza is, and how relatively slow it is to start up. We highly recommend the Inissia over it, as it’s much better and at the same price.
Investing in the right cappuccino and latte makers for your home will not only ensure that you make the best coffee possible but it is also a great way to save you lots of money that you’d be spending at your local cafe. So whether you want to produce the super delicious cappuccino in your own kitchen or office, we recommend you to have a look at the best ones below. After all, the better the coffee maker, the better the coffee!
Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1000 Café Barista Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte Maker:
Mr. Coffee Café makes deliciously good coffee without too many hassles. You just push a button and the rest will be done by the machine! It excels in making espresso, cappuccinos and lattes. The 15 bar pump pressure with a one-touch control panel will let you choose from a single or double shot of espresso, cappuccino or latte. An automatic milk frother will turn your favorite milk into rich crème foam. You can also easily remove the water reservoir, which is located at the back of the machine, for easy filling, and also detach the milk reservoir for storing leftover milk. There is also a manual function that you can use to customize your beverage to create that perfect cup.
Click here to learn more about “Mr. Coffee BVMC-ECMP1000 Café Barista Espresso Maker” and to read the customer reviews.
Nespresso D121-US-BK-NE1 Citiz Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother:
Lovers of single-serve espresso machines will love the Citiz Espresso Maker as it allows you to make an endless numbers of milk-based coffees. It has a simple insertion and ejection capsules and can hold 10 used capsules. It also has an integrated Aeroccino milk frother and a rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk forth for Cappuccino, Latte, Macchiato and Iced Cappuccino. So much at such an affordable price!
Click here to learn more about “Nespresso Citiz Espresso Maker with Aeroccino Milk Frother” and read the customer reviews.
Philips Saeco Vienna Plus Automatic Espresso Machine:
With Philips Saeco Vienna Plus you can prepare coffee as good as you get in coffee shops! The machine is a reliable product which gives you improved brewing pressure and espresso shots that are richer than ever. It is also very simple to use. You just choose the volume and strength of your coffee and then you are ready for that perfect cup of coffee. This is possible due to its simple-to-use control panel. There is also a special program step that increases the flavor and aroma of the coffee during the brewing process. The best thing about Saeco Vienna Plus is the built-in conical type burr grinder. It is durable that ensures long lasting usage. The water tank is very easy to remove for cleaning or refilling. The detachable brew group is very simple to use and maintain.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista vs. Keurig’s Rivo Cappuccino and Latte System, How Do They Compare?
They do look kind of similar, don’t they? And in some features, they are. But there is one major difference that could make you choose one over the other. We’ve talked about the difference between them in another post about automatic cappuccino makers, but here it is again:
- Mr Coffee’s Cafe Barista is more of a traditional espresso maker, it uses ground coffee that you load into the portafilter to brew the espresso. On the other hand, the Rivo uses single-serve espresso pods made by Lavazza, and it can only use these and nothing else.
So when choosing between them, you have to consider these facts:
Do you want to use your choice of ground coffee and brew it in a more traditional way or would you prefer using single-serve pods, and keep in mind that you’ll be using one brand only, and that is Lavazza.
What’s great about a machine like this one is that it combines two of the greatest names in the world of coffee-making: DeLonghi and Nespresso. The Lattissima Plus is a DeLonghi machine that works using Nespresso’s Capsule system. It’s fully automatic, and can prepare all sorts of coffee drinks with a push of a button.
The Lattissima Plus features:
- automatic coffee brewing using Nespresso capsules.
- Automatic milk frothing.
- Dedicated buttons for each coffee drink, choose from 3 milk selections and 2 coffee selections.
- Adjustable drip tray allows to fit different cup sizes easily.
With Nespresso being the only capsules you can use with this machine, you get to choose from their wide variety of delicious coffee blends and flavors. After you place your capsule in the machine, it is automatically pierced and ejected after use. It goes into a drawer that holds a few capsules before you have to discard. So not only are you getting an amazing cup of coffee with a touch of a button, the mess and clean up level is close to ZERO!