The Capresso EC Pro is an excellent entry-level espresso and cappuccino machine for the home. It is a manual machine that is fairly simple to use, made of high quality stainless steel that is durable and sleek in design.
Features of the EC PRO by Capresso:
- 15-bar pressure pump.
- Manual flow, you control when to stop the shot.
- Includes two filters for a single or double shot, and a filter for e.s.e pods.
- Steam wand for milk heating and frothing.
The Capresso EC PRO 118.05:
- Front panel features switches for on/off power and steam/brew.
- Dial knob switches between single, double shots or steam.
- The frothing wand is commercial-grade stainless steel.
- The portafilter can be used bottomless, which can give you more control over your espresso crema.
- 42 oz water tank.
The Capresso EC PRO 119.05:
- Front panel only features a dial knob for controlling your brew.
- The frothing wand features a plastic sleeve, which is easier for beginners to use.
- Knob for controlling the steam is located on the side.
- 40 oz water tank.
There’s not much difference between the 118.05 and 119.05 when it comes to features. However, design wise, the 118.05 is better:
- Overall look of the machine is sleeker and cleaner.
- The stainless steel frothing wand should produce better foam.
- The bottomless portafilter should give you room to practice and improve your espresso extraction skills.
Watch a Full Review of the EC PRO 118.05:
Capresso EC PRO or EC100? Which Is Best To Buy?
The EC100 is another entry level espresso machine by Capresso. It has many of the EC Pro’s features like:
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- single or double shot filter, also uses e.s.e pods.
- Similar dial knob to control the machine.
The difference between them:
- The EC100 has a larger water tank with 46 oz capacity.
- The EC100 exterior mixes some stainless steel with plastic, where the EC PRO is fully stainless steel.
- The EC100 has a plastic covered frothing wand, unlike the EC PRO’s commercial grade frothing wand.
Which Is Best?
- The EC PRO is higher in quality and can give you better results than the EC100.
- The EC PRO is also more durable and has a better construction than the EC100.
- However, if you’re on a tight budget, the EC100 is a more affordable option.