A Comparison Between Cuisinart EM-100 vs DeLonghi EC702 Espresso Machines
Both the Cuisinart EM-100 and the DeLonghi EC702 Espresso Makers are part of our best espresso machines for budgets under $200. Since these two are the most popular choices, we thought we’d compare them to each other to help you further with your decision.
Cuisinart vs. DeLonghi Espresso Makers, What Is The Difference?
Image Feature Patented dual-function filter holder
Sempre Crema filter; E.S.E. (easy serving espresso) filter
Patented cappuccino system frother
44-ounce (1.3-liter) removable water tank
Anti-drip design; On/off switch with indicator light
Espresso maker with 15 bars of pressure for perfect coffee drinks
Brews 1 to 2 cups from either ground espresso or pods
53-ounce removable reservoir; porta-filter holder; cup-warming plate
Steam nozzle; frothing cup; removable drip tray; tamping tool included
Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
Title DeLonghi EC702 15-Bar-Pump Espresso Maker, Stainless Cuisinart EM-100 1000-Watt 15-Bar Espresso Maker, Stainless Steel Height 11.61 inch 12.56 inch Weight 0 pound 1 pound Width 9.06 inch 10.94 inch Length 11.02 inch 8.19 inch Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
These two machines are quite close when it comes to features and quality. Both are decent beginner’s espresso machines and are priced reasonably for someone with a budget under $200.
- 15-bar pump pressure.
- Includes different filters to use ground coffee or E.S.E pods.
- Built-in steam wand for milk frothing.
- Both are made in the USA
As you can see, the basic features are identical. So what’s the difference between them?
- Water reservoir: The Cuisinart has a larger 53 ounce water tank, vs. a 44-ounce water tank on the DeLonghi EC702.
- Power: DeLonghi EC702: 1100 Watts Cuisinart EM100: 1000 watts
- Included Accessories: The Cuisinart includes everything you need to get started; a tamping tool and frothing jug as well as different filter sizes for single, double or pod coffee. The DeLonghi only includes the filters, but it does have a built-in tamper.
Which Should I Buy? The Cuisinart EM-100 or the DeLonghi EC702?
As far as we can see, both machines are pretty identical in how they work. The Cuisinart is slightly less expensive and includes more accessories, giving you more value for your money.