Lavazza Point Ep850 Aroma Point Espresso Machine
The EP850 Aroma Point Espresso machine by Lavazza is an excellent choice for a compact machine that uses a mess-free pod system to create a shot of espresso. It’s a basic espresso machine that can make you espresso and other coffee drinks manually, it does not have many fancy options, so that brings its price point down, yet it still can make a really great cup of coffee.
- Manual coffee brewing and pod ejection.
- Stainless steel body with ABS finishing.
- Steam wand for milk frothing.
- Cup warming tray on top.
- Drip tray – Used pod drawer.
- 0.5 gallon water tank.
How Does It Work:
The machine is very easy to operate. First of all, this machine is compatible with Lavazza Cartridges as well as a few capsules from other brands, you simply have to look for Lavazza Espresso Point compatibility on the label. The small cartridge loads into the portafilter, you lock it into place and hit the espresso button and the machine will start brewing immediately. Now, because this isn’t an automatic machine, the brewing will not stop automatically, so you have to hit the button again once you’ve brewed enough coffee to your taste. This manual task can be both good and bad:
- It allows you to control the strength of the coffee you’re brewing. Either make a straight espresso shot or brew it longer for a lungo or a regular cup of coffee.
- The con of this, is that the taste will not always be consistent if you’re not sure what you’re doing. But after a few tries, you might finally know the exact volume of coffee that works for you.
We all know that when you commit to a pod espresso machine, you’re committing mostly to one coffee brand. So it’s important to know the available variety and the ease of finding those pods. The pods the Lavazza Point Espresso machine uses are referred to as Cartridges and they’re not to be confused with Lavazza’s Blue coffee capsules or Lavazza’s easy serving espresso pods. The cartridges are available in many different blends from Lavazza and a few other brands. I’m not sure where they can be found in retail stores, but they’re available in many online stores, Amazon.com carries many of them.
Overall, this is a good compact machine that Lavazza fans will really appreciate. However, if you’re not particularly into Lavazza, I would suggest a single-serve system like Nespresso or CBTL’s Kaldi as you’ll get better features for the same price.
Incoming search terms:
- espresso machine lavazza