DeLonghi Lattissima EN 750MB vs. EN 720 M, Which Is Best To Buy?
There’s a number of DeLonghi Espresso machines that are powered with Nespresso’s patented capsule system. One of these is the DeLonghi Lattissima, a fully automated espresso, cappuccino and latte system. The DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720M has been one of the best selling Lattissima machines, but there’s a new comer that’s definitely worth considering, the Lattissima EN PRO 750MB. Today, we’ll be comparing these two machines to help you decide which is the best option for you.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 750MB vs. EN720:
Let’s start with the EN 750MB:
The first thing you’ll notice about this Lattissma in comparison to the other is that it’s almost cut in half, size wise, as the buttons have been moved from the front panel to the top. That’s excellent news for anyone that does not have much counter-top space. Other than that, let’s have a look at its features [source]:
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- DeLonghi’s patented Rapid Cappuccino System that allows for touch-button milk frothing.
- Fast pre-heat time, 25 seconds for coffee and 40 seconds for milk.
- 0.5 L removable milk tank.
- 1.3 L removable water tank.
- 6 pre-set buttons for espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte, hot water and milk.
- All pre sets can be reprogrammable and memorized by the machine.
- Display screen with easy to use controls.
- Uses Nespresso’s coffee capsules exclusively.
- Used capsule container holds up to 15 capsules. Illuminated with white LED.
- Adjustable coffee spout/drip tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
This machine is also available for purchase from Zappos.com.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720 M:
- DeLoghi’s Single Touch hot milk system for milk frothing with a touch of a button.
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- Illuminated control buttons (without display screen).
- 6 pre-sets for espresso, lungo, cappuccino, macchiato, hot water, milk. All reprogrammable.
- Removable 40 ounce water tank (about 1.3L). Removable milk tank.
- Uses Nespresso’s Capsules exclusively.
- Startup time eliminated with self-priming operation.
- Adjustable drip tray allows you to use different cup sizes.
So, What is The Difference Between The Two Machines?
As you can see, features wise, they’re almost identical. The work the same way and provide the same excellent coffee. The difference comes in the design:
The Control Panel:
The DeLonghi Lattissima EN PRO 750MB (left) has a better control panel with touch screen buttons and an easy to read illuminated display. The control panel sits on top of the machine, unlike the EN 720M, which makes the machine more compact in size… which brings us to our second difference…
Size and Weight:
Lattissima EN 750MB: 10.8 x 7.6 x 13 inches ; 12.6 pounds
Lattissima EN 720M: 13.8 x 8.7 x 10.1 inches ; 9 pounds
What you want to pay attention to is the size rather than the weight. Make sure that you get a machine that you will be able to sit underneath your cabinets, or however your kitchen is set up. The weight doesn’t matter as it’s the type of appliance that you don’t carry or move around much, and as for shipping charges, if you’re buying from Amazon.com, you’ll be getting free shipping to your doorstep regardless of weight!
Which Is Best to Buy? The Lattissima EN 750 MB or EN 720?
We are definitely leaning towards the Lattissima EN 750 MB for many reasons:
- It’s an upgraded version of the EN 720.
- It’s smaller in size, saves you counter top space.
- Its intuitive control panel, easy to read LED makes drink personalization and memorization a breeze!
- It is actually less expensive than the EN 720 M.
Incoming search terms:
- lattissima pro review
- delonghi en750mb
- nespresso delonghi en 720m