We’ve covered many great electric milk frothers in previews posts, like here. We’ve just noticed a new milk frother by Sherwood that we thought we’d add to the list..
Features of the Sherwood SMF-1000R Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer:
- Electric automatic milk frother and warmer.
- Prepares hot and cold milk froth with a touch of a button.
- Includes one disc that works at different speeds to create different froth volumes at your request.
- Removable stick and non-stick surface for easy cleaning.
- Auto shut-off
- 250ml capacity
- Available in 4 color combinations.
With a simple push of a button, the frother can either heat or froth the milk for a creamy latte or a foamy cappuccino. You can also choose from hot or cold froth. Unlike other frothers, the Sherwood frother does not include different whisks that you need to switch for different froth types, it includes only whisk but works at different speeds to deliver the same result.
How It’s Used:
- Inside the frother, you’ll find indicators of how much milk you should pour in (min and max capacity).
- Press the button once to froth hot milk
- Press the button twice to heat milk.
- Hold the button until it illuminates Blue to prepare cold froth.
Sherwood vs. Secura Milk Frother, Which Is Best to Buy?
Overall, the Sherwood makes an excellent milk frother, but in comparison, the Secura is a much better choice for different reasons:
- For the same capacity of 250ml, you can save around $30.
- It’s fully stainless steel, making it more durable and easier to clean on the outside.
- Vacuum insulation keeps the temperature of the milk.
The Secura does come with two whisks instead of one. It’s also available in 500ml capacity.
Incoming search terms:
We just came across another well-received electric milk frother called the Aerolatte Grande Frothing Jug. So far, our best seller has been the Secura Electric Milk Frother followed by the Breville Milk Cafe frother, which you can see a comparison of right here. The Aerolatte frother looks very similar to the Secura frother and is available in two sizes just like it too.
Features of the Aerolatte Grande Frother:
- Hot and cold froth, with a touch of a button.
- Available in 11 1/2 ounce and 16 ounce capacity.
- Made of stainless steel.
- Detachable base.
So the Aerolatte seems to be your average electric milk frother. It does seem to lack the vacuum insulation that Secura Milk frother offers, which helps retain the temperature of the milk longer. For its price point, I would recommend the Secura milk frother over the Aerolatte as it seems to offer more in terms of features.
There’s currently three electric automatic milk frothers that are dominating the best seller lists, these are: Breville’s Milk Cafe, Secura Electric Milk Frother and Nespresso’s Aerroccino Plus. Each frother has its own pros and cons, so we’re here to compare these frothers and help you decide which one to buy.
Top 3 Automatic Electric Milk Frothers:
Secura Automatic Electric Milk Frother:
- Best value of all frothers, with its largest capacity priced less than both other frothers.
- Available in two capacities: 250ml and 500ml.
- Heats and frothers milk, hot or cold
- Different whisks for heating and frothing.
- Stainless steel exterior, vacuum insulation, detachable base.
- 2 years warranty.
Breville BMF600XL Milk Café Milk Frother:
- Two frothing discs, one for Cappuccino froth and another for Latte froth.
- Ability to prepare hot or cold froth.
- You can make frothy hot chocolate by adding chocolate shavings or syrup directly into it.
- Disc storage.
- Uses induction heating.
- Jug is dishwasher safe.
Nespresso Aeroccino Plus:
- 250ml capacity for hot milk, 130ml for milk froth.
- Prepares hot or cold froth.
- Different whisks available for latte or cappuccino froth.
- 70 sec. froth preparation.
- Detachable base.
Final Verdict – Which Of These Milk Frothers Should You Get?
Out of these frothers, Nespresso is the most popular brand, which is why you’ll find it is the most reviewed frother. However, personally, I don’t believe it offers the best value for your money. If you’re on a budget of under $100, you’ll find the Secura Milk Frother to be the best bang for your buck. If you can go a little over $100, the Breville is your best choice, even though we can’t confirm its capacity, it offers you more features like hot chocolate preparation and allows you to adjust the temperature of the milk manually. And while the Nespresso Aeroccino works just as advertised, it’s pricier than the Secura, offers less capacity, and does not give you the temp. customization and hot chocolate option of the Breville.
Incoming search terms:
- secura milk frother
- secura automatic electric milk frother and warmer
- secura automatic electric milk frother
- breville milk frother
- breville milk frother vs nespresso
- Breville Milk Café Electric Frother
- aeroccino 3 problems
- secura milk frother canada
- nespresso milk frother
- bmf300bss vs brebmf600xl
The best part about a Cappuccino or a Latte is the froth on top, but if you don’t have an espresso machine with a steam wand that will allow you to froth the milk, you might think you won’t be able to create the perfect froth. You’ll be happy to know there are actually some alternatives to a steamer for milk frothing, here are the different ways you can froth milk without a steamer:
The Hand-held Milk Frother:
This is the least expensive and easiest way to create milk froth. The battery-operated milk frother is great to create milk froth right inside your serving cup. It mostly does the job right, but it can be a hit or miss. However the only one issue with such milk frothers is that they require a lot of battery change, so it could actually end up costing you money, depending on how much you use it.
Pictured above is the Aerolatte milk frother, which is one of the top rated hand-held milk frothers on Amazon.com
Stainless Steel Press Milk Frother:
Another inexpensive milk frother, the stainless steel pot kind of works like a Fresh Press pot. It doesn’t require any batteries, so to create froth you’ll manually pump the press inside to froth the milk.
The one pictured above is the HIC Brands Stainless Steel milk frother, which holds up to 14 oz of milk/froth.
The Electric Milk Frother:
We saved the best for last, the electric milk frother, while is not as inexpensive as the others, it is certainly the best option to make milk froth without a streamer. Using an electric frother, you’ll get creamy froth, either hot or cold, with a touch of a button. You can either heat milk only, heat and froth, or keep it cold and froth the the milk. Its stainless steel built makes it easy to clean, and vacuum insulation makes sure to seal in the temperature of milk.
Featured above is the Secura Automatic Electric Milk Frother, which is currently the top rated on Amazon.com
Incoming search terms:
- milk frother