Capresso 118.05 EC PRO Review + Comparison with Capresso EC100 Espresso Machine
The Capresso EC100 has been a favorite among people looking for a budget espresso machine for under $200. Capresso has now introduced a new shiny espresso and cappuccino maker that might just take its place. Although it is higher in price, the new Capresso 118.05 EC PRO is full of upgraded features that are worth it.
Features of the Capresso 118.05 EC PRO:
- A commercial grade espresso machine for home use.
- Features an advanced boiler that maintains the perfect temperature of hot water.
- Portafilter with heavy-duty steel spouts.
- Can brew a single or double shot a time.
- Brushed stainless steel housing that is both sleek and durable.
- Stainless steel milk frothing wand.
The Capresso EC PRO is a great option for a beginner as well as intermediate barista. It gives you a great brewing experience, excellent results thanks to its advanced boiler as well steel portafilter. Having a high quality stainless steel exterior makes it more durable than other cheaper options.
Capresso 118.05 EC PRO vs. Capresso EC100, What’s The Difference?
Image Title EC PRO Espresso and Cappuccino Machine Capresso EC100 Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine Feature Capresso EC PRO 118.05 Professional Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
Milk frothing wand creates a powerful flow of steam
Boiler maintains a reserve of hot water
Cup warming tray
Stainless steel lined ThermoBlock heating system
46-ounce removable water container
Indicator lights for On/Off and Coffee/Steam
Two sieves for single or double espresso
Easy-to-use swivel frother
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- The Capresso EC100 combines stainless steel with plastic, but mostly has plastic parts, including the frother.
- The Capresso EC PRO has a durable stainless steel exterior, heavy duty stainless steel portafilter (Except for the handle) and stainless steel forther.
- The control dials on both machines are slightly different but mostly operate the same.
- The Capresso EC PRO has an advanced boiler that works on maintaining the hot water at perfect temperature for a quick and even extraction. The EC100 does not have this feature.
- The Portafitler on the EC PRO has be used with the included filters or bottomless, which is a more professional way of using it.
- The EC100’s portafilter is pressurized, which is a more of a beginner feature and usually creates less than perfect shots.
- The steam wand on the EC PRO is stainless steel and longer, which creates better froth and gives you more control over it.
Which Should I Buy? The Capresso EC PRO or the EC100?
If it’s within your budget, the Capresso EC PRO will give you a lot more for your money. While the EC100 is a decent espresso maker and works as promised, it is not as durable as the EC PRO. Keep in mind that the EC PRO is commercial-grade built, which means it should withhold a lot of use without breaking.
Incoming search terms:
- capresso 118 05 ec pro review
- capresso 118 05 ec pro vs breville bes870xl
- capresso ec pro review
- capresso ec pro vs ultima pro