Breville 800ESXL vs. BES840XL Comparison: What’s The Difference and Which To Buy
The Breville Die-Cast 800ESXL might look like the BES840XL Infuser, also by Breville, but many features differentiate them from each other. In this post, we’ll be looking at these feature differences to help you decide which espresso maker is the best choice for you.
Breville 800ESXL vs. BES840XL – The Difference:
|Feature||Espresso machine with ThermoBlock heating system and 15-bar Triple Prime pump|
Durable stainless-steel housing; selector dial for espresso, steam, or hot water
4-1/2-inch cup clearance; swivel steam wand with frother; 75-ounce removable water tank
Filters, tamping tool, cleaning tool, and stainless-steel frothing pitcher included
Measures 12 by 10 by 12-1/2 inches; 1-year warranty
15 Bar Italian Pump
75 Fl.oz (2.2L) removable front-fill water tank
Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
The Triple Prime Pump releases 3 bursts of hot water to moisten the ground coffee resulting in greater build-up to extract the fullest flavor
Thermoblock Heating System
|Pre-infusion function applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction|
1600w thermocoil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
Auto purge function automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
15 bar Italian pump provides complete volumetric control - preset, manual over-ride or re-programmable volumes
Accessories: single & dual wall filter baskets, coffee scoop, stainless steel jug, cleaning disc & tablets, cleaning tool, water filter with holder.
|Title||Breville 800ESXL 15-Bar Triple-Priming Die-Cast Espresso Machine||Breville BES840XL the Infuser Espresso Machine|
|Height||13 inch||13.25 inch|
|Weight||26 pound||17 pound|
|Width||16 inch||12.5 inch|
|Length||15 inch||10.25 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
Both machines have the following features:
- 15 bar Italian pump
- Auto-purge function which automatically adjusts temperature for espresso extraction and steaming to avoid burning of espresso or milk.
- Pre-infusion function to apply low water pressure at the start of espresso extraction to expand the beans for an even extraction.
The Breville BES840XL has more advanced features that the 800ESXL lacks:
- Boiler: The Infuser BES840XL uses a 1600w thermocoil heating system that runs water through heated coil for better temperature control, on demand. The 800ESXL has a Thermoblock boiler.
- The BES840XL has a Volumetric control feature that allows you to control the shot volume manually. It also has reprogrammable pre-sets. It also has a dedicated hot water dispenser.
- Controls: The BES840XL has illuminated button controls while the 800ESXL uses a dial knob.
- The BES840XL features a built-in tamper. The 800ESXL includes a standard tamper (not built-in).
- Dry Puck feature: The BES840XL has this feature which removes excess water from ground coffee for easy disposal.
- The BES840XL also features an Espresso Pressure Gauge which shows you if the espresso is being over or under extracted with a glace.
- Water tank capacity: the BES840XL has a smaller 61 oz water tank vs 75 oz for the 800ESXL, which also has a outside window for monitoring water level.
Which Is Best To Buy? The Breville Infuser BES840XL or 800ESXL?
Compared to the 800ESXL, the BES840XL Infuser is an advanced espresso maker for anyone looking for semi-automatic options. You get some automatic pre-sets and have the ability to re-program them, and you also get to manually set the volume of your shots. Overall, it is a better machine than the 800ESXL, however, if your budget doesn’t allow you to upgrade to The Infuser, you’ll be as happy with the 800ESXL, if you’re okay with letting go of some features.
Incoming search terms:
- BES810BSS vs 800ESXL
- Bes840xl vs bes810bsxl
- breville 810 xl
- breville 840 vs 810
- reville 800esxl 840xl difference