There’s a number of DeLonghi Espresso machines that are powered with Nespresso’s patented capsule system. One of these is the DeLonghi Lattissima, a fully automated espresso, cappuccino and latte system. The DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720M has been one of the best selling Lattissima machines, but there’s a new comer that’s definitely worth considering, the Lattissima EN PRO 750MB. Today, we’ll be comparing these two machines to help you decide which is the best option for you.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 750MB vs. EN720:
Let’s start with the EN 750MB:
The first thing you’ll notice about this Lattissma in comparison to the other is that it’s almost cut in half, size wise, as the buttons have been moved from the front panel to the top. That’s excellent news for anyone that does not have much counter-top space. Other than that, let’s have a look at its features [source]:
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- DeLonghi’s patented Rapid Cappuccino System that allows for touch-button milk frothing.
- Fast pre-heat time, 25 seconds for coffee and 40 seconds for milk.
- 0.5 L removable milk tank.
- 1.3 L removable water tank.
- 6 pre-set buttons for espresso, coffee, cappuccino, latte, hot water and milk.
- All pre sets can be reprogrammable and memorized by the machine.
- Display screen with easy to use controls.
- Uses Nespresso’s coffee capsules exclusively.
- Used capsule container holds up to 15 capsules. Illuminated with white LED.
- Adjustable coffee spout/drip tray to accommodate different cup sizes.
DeLonghi Lattissima EN 720 M:
- DeLoghi’s Single Touch hot milk system for milk frothing with a touch of a button.
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- Illuminated control buttons (without display screen).
- 6 pre-sets for espresso, lungo, cappuccino, macchiato, hot water, milk. All reprogrammable.
- Removable 40 ounce water tank (about 1.3L). Removable milk tank.
- Uses Nespresso’s Capsules exclusively.
- Startup time eliminated with self-priming operation.
- Adjustable drip tray allows you to use different cup sizes.
So, What is The Difference Between The Two Machines?
As you can see, features wise, they’re almost identical. The work the same way and provide the same excellent coffee. The difference comes in the design:
The Control Panel:
The DeLonghi Lattissima EN PRO 750MB (left) has a better control panel with touch screen buttons and an easy to read illuminated display. The control panel sits on top of the machine, unlike the EN 720M, which makes the machine more compact in size… which brings us to our second difference…
Size and Weight:
Lattissima EN 750MB: 10.8 x 7.6 x 13 inches ; 12.6 pounds
Lattissima EN 720M: 13.8 x 8.7 x 10.1 inches ; 9 pounds
What you want to pay attention to is the size rather than the weight. Make sure that you get a machine that you will be able to sit underneath your cabinets, or however your kitchen is set up. The weight doesn’t matter as it’s the type of appliance that you don’t carry or move around much, and as for shipping charges, if you’re buying from Amazon.com, you’ll be getting free shipping to your doorstep regardless of weight!
Which Is Best to Buy? The Lattissima EN 750 MB or EN 720?
We are definitely leaning towards the Lattissima EN 750 MB for many reasons:
- It’s an upgraded version of the EN 720.
- It’s smaller in size, saves you counter top space.
- Its intuitive control panel, easy to read LED makes drink personalization and memorization a breeze!
- It is actually less expensive than the EN 720 M.
Nespresso lovers, BEHOLD YOURSELVES! Your ultimate dream Nespresso machine has finally arrived! An all new Nespresso experience that you DO NOT want to miss on. The VertuoLine Nespresso Machine….
What Is The Nespresso VertuoLine Machine? And How Is It Different From the Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ?
There’s quite a BIG difference between all Nespresso machines and the VertuoLine. We’ve always known Nespresso as the best single-serve espresso machine… the VertuoLine takes it a bit further…
- The Nespresso VertuoLine is the first Nespresso machine that delivers espresso as well as brewed coffee!
- A never SEEN before technology known as Centrifusion technology, available only on the VertuoLine machine. (more on this below)
- It has completely redesigned espresso capsules and coffee capsules.
- It’s an intelligent machine that recognizes each capsule and provides the best settings for that capsule automatically.
- Faster pre-heat time, machine is ready to use at 15 to 20 seconds.
How The Nespresso VertuoLine Brews Coffee and Espresso and How the New Capsules Work:
The new VertuoLine system capsules are designed to brew you a more flavorful and more aromatic cup of coffee or espresso topped with the perfect crema. It’s a truly smart system that automatically recognizes the type of capsule you inserted and sets the machine accordingly. All you have to do is push a button!
When you hit that button, the capsules spins 7,000 times per minute, mixing the coffee with hot water to brew the perfect cup of black coffee or shot of espresso. You’re ensured the most flavorful cup of coffee, every single time. That’s what Nespresso calls the Centrifusion Technology. The machine is not a pump based machine like other Nespresso machines, it employs this new technology to make even better coffee. Perhaps the best coffee you’ve ever tasted.
A Coffee capsule makes a 7.77 oz cup of coffee. An espresso capsule will make you a 1.35 oz shot of espresso. You’ll be able to adjust those volumes manually, if you’d like.
Full Nespresso VertuoLine Features:
- Machine brews full cup of black coffee or espresso.
- Fully redesigned Nespresso capsules allow for more flavor and more delicious cup of coffee.
- Automatic recognition of inserted capsule type. No need to change settings.
- Adjustable coffee volume settings.
- Used capsule container holds up to 14 capsules.
- Adjustable drip tray accommodates different cup sizes.
- 40 oz water tank.
- 15-20 seconds pre-heat time.
- 9 minute automatic shut-off
- machine dimensions: 8.32″ x 11.91″ x 11.93″
- Weight: 10.8 lbs.
Where To Buy the Nespresso VertuoLine Espresso and Coffee Machine?
The VertuoLine is available for purchase on Nespresso’s website. You can also buy it from Amazon.com and get free shipping on it.
You can buy the machine alone, or you can bundle it with the Aeroccino automatic milk frother for push-button milk frothing. It’s available in black, chrome or red.
Click to buy it from Nespresso:
Click to buy it from Amazon:
Where to Buy The VertuoLine Capsules?
Capsules are also available at Nespresso or Amazon.com. They’re less expensive on Nespresso than Amazon, but there’s a reason why many people still buy their Nespresso capsules from Amazon.
We’ve covered a few of the espresso machines that use illy’s iperEspresso coffee pods, like the Francis Francis X7.1, Francis Francis Y1.1 and Gaggia for illly. A new comer to the world of iperEspresso espresso machine is the Cuisinart Buona Tazza Super-Automatic Espresso, Cappuccino and Latte Machine. It’s a bit different than the others and more automated, so let’s have a look at its features:
- Brews the perfect espresso every single time, with a push of a button.
- 19 bar pump pressure.
- Features an automatic milk frother and built-in milk tank that froths and dispenses milk automatically.
- Eight LED lit control buttons to choose your desired drink.
- Ability to adjust coffee volume, strength and temperature.
- Accommodates different cup sizes from an espresso cup to a travel mug.
- 34 oz water tank, removable.
- 22 oz milk container.
- steam wand with dial knob control.
- Measures 14″ x 7.75″ x 11.70″
How the Cuisinart Buona Tazza Is Different From Other iperEspresso Machines?
- We love that this machine makes it much easier to make your espresso as well as other coffee drinks. If you’re not used to milk frothing or using a steam wand, the Buona Tazza makes it simple and easy as it does it all for you.
- With the Buona Tazza, there’s no clean up necessary after brewing your coffee. The used capsule will go into a container which you only have to clean after it’s filled up with many capsules. The milk container can be removed and kept in the fridge if there’s any milk left in it.
- The steam wand on the machine uses a patent-pending technology that allows it to clean itself after every use.
The Cuisinart Buona Tazza is the only superautomatic iperEspresso machine available yet. It’s the perfect choice for anyone looking for a truly delicious cup of espresso, cappuccino or latte with a single touch of a button.
See it in action in this video:
The Nespresso U has been one of the most popular and best selling Nespresso machine models so far, and there’s definitely a reason for that.
It is called U for a few reasons:
- It’s designed to look like the letter U.
- It offers one of the most customized coffee options.
- It’s the machine that knows U. It is made for U!
Why Should You Buy The Nespresso U? Here’s Why…
- It is one of the most affordable Nespresso machines. A great way to live the luxurious Nespresso lifestyle for just under $150.
- It is fully customizable, you can customize coffee drink volume to your liking.
- Memorization options: it memorizes your favorite customization automatically.
- You can also customize the water tank position to fit your kitchen counter best. It swivels 180-degrees so it can be positioned at the back, right or left.
- 19 bar pump pressure gives you an aromatic and full bodied shot of coffee.
- Pre-heating time is 25 seconds. You don’t have to wait long before you can start sipping on delicious coffee.
- Automatic shut-off after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- Cable storage eliminates any cable mess.
- No-drip nozzle.
- Adjustable magnetic drip tray perfect for accommodating different cup sizes.
How Does The Nespresso U Automatically Know What I Want To Drink?
The Nespresso U is a very smart espresso machine. It anticipates what you want to drink based on analyzing your last 10 drinks. So for example, if you had an Espresso for the last previous 10 uses, chances are you’ll want an espresso this time, too. So it starts brewing your capsule and ejects it automatically. But if you ever want a different drink, you still have the option of changing your coffee preference simply by pressing the button for your desired drink.
Who Should Buy The Nespresso U Machine?
If you’re looking for the ultimate Nespresso experience in a way that is fully customizable to you, it only makes sense that you get the Nespresso U. Its compact size makes it perfect for home or office use. And if you decide to bundle it with the Aeroccino milk frother, you’ll love how you’ll be able to create barista style drinks in just a few minutes with no trouble at all.
Where Can You Buy the Nespresso U?
You can buy it directly from Nespresso by clicking here. You’ll also find full information and reviews from customers.
Nespresso is one of the most popular single-serve espresso machines on the market right now. But there’s been a been a few contenders in the same category that are worth considering, the Keurig Rivo is one of them.
One of the first questions that come to mind is, how does the Keurig Rivo differ from the Nespresso machine. And that’s what we will be answering in this post.
The Difference Between Nespresso and Keurig Rivo:
The two machines are single-serve espresso machines that make you espresso, cappuccinos and lattes with push button controls. But they’re still entirely different systems.
Each machine has its own dedicated coffee capsules. Nespresso machines use Nespresso capsules exclusively. The Keurig Rivo uses Coffee capsules made by Lavazza, one of the leading Italian coffee brands.
There’s quite a difference in the available variety of capsules, too. Nespresso offers about 20 or more capsule varieties, and offers other limited edition flavors from time to time. Lavazza’s Rivo capsules are available in only 4 capsules, which give you different espresso intensities.
Both Nespresso and Lavazza capsules are available in retail stores and online and can be purchased easily.
Nespresso has a few machines to choose from. Although they all work the same way, each has a few different characteristics that offer you an experience more suitable to your needs.
The Keurig Rivo is only one machine and it’s the only machine that accepts Lavazza’s Rivo capsules.
Which Machine Should I Buy? The Keurig Rivo 500 or a Nespresso Machine?
There are a few things to consider before you make that decision:
- One of the most important things to keep in mind is that when you’re buying a single-serve espresso machine, you’re committing to its coffee capsules. If you’re a fan of Lavazza coffee, then you’ll definitely enjoy the Rivo system. Otherwise, having a Nespresso machine offers you more coffee capsules to try and enjoy.
- What coffee drink do you enjoy the most? This will determine whether or not a milk frother will be needed. The Keurig Rivo has a built in milk frother that allows for easy milk based coffee drinks. With Nespresso machines, you have two options: You can get the Nespresso CitiZ, Nespresso U Milk or Delonghi Lattissma (powered by Nespresso), which have built-in milk frothers. Or you can get a stand-alone machine either bundled with an electric milk frother or on its own. So you do have more options to choose from.
- If you’d like to try a different variety of coffee every now and then, you’ll definitely enjoy the Nespresso selection. There’s also an option to by a refillable Nespresso coffee capsule that you can fill with your choice of coffee, although it’s not officially licensed, it does work.
Here’s a fun video explaining the difference between 27 coffee drinks, made by the guys at MentalFloss.com. Enjoy!
Have you been contemplating getting yourself a Nespresso machine but still not quite sure? Well, maybe we can help you out with your decision.
Nespresso machines have been the best selling espresso machines on our site for some time now, and there’s a reason for that. There are many reasons, actually, that your decision won’t be hard after all.
We’ve broken down the details on many Nespresso machines, and we’ll be happy to walk you through the details again. So, let’s have a look…
Why Are Nespresso Machines So Popular?
- Two words: Luxury and Convenience! You get coffee-house quality coffee, with a push of a button, in a few minutes.
- Simple to use, simple to clean. No clean up required after each drink preparation.
- Fresh coffee, pre-measured, ALWAYS right: you won’t have to worry about the right measurement. Your coffee will taste just right every single time.
- Wide variety to choose from: Nespresso has a great selection of coffee blends from around the world that you can choose from.
- Nespresso Capsules are easily available everywhere around the world. Buy it from your local Nespresso Boutique or online.
- Excellent Customer service: dedicated customer service available 24/7. Your machine broke down? you’ll get a replacement to use until it is fixed. They’re THAT dedicated!
What Coffee Drinks Can You Make with a Nespresso Machine?
Anything your favorite coffee house can do:
- Espresso/Lungo (which both you can re-program to your taste).
- Cappuccino/Latte/Macchiato (with the help of Aeroccino Milk Frother)
- Iced coffee drinks, as the milk frother can prepare both cold or hot froth.
What You Need To Know About Nespresso Machines:
You can learn everything you need to know about Nespresso machines in the following articles:
- Comparison Between Popular Nespresso Machine Models: U vs. Pixie vs. CitiZ
- Why the Nespresso CitiZ is the most preferred Nespresso machine
- Nespresso U: The difference between U D50, C50 and Nespress U Milk.
- Nespresso CitiZ: The difference between CitiZ models.
- Nespresso machine accessories you must have.
Where Can You Buy a Nespresso Machine?
- Nespresso Boutiques are available worldwide if you choose to buy it locally. You can check their website for store location. If you prefer to order it online, you can buy the machine at:
- The Official Nespresso Online Store.
- Nespresso’s store on Amazon.com
Where Can You Buy Nespresso Coffee Capsules?
Please refer to the following article: Where To Buy Nespresso Capsules
The Breville Barista Express is often compared to the Gaggia 14101 Classic, a great Italian semi-automatic espresso machine. While both machines produce exceptional shots of espresso, they’re quite different in how they work.
Comparison Between The Breville Barista Express and Gaggia Classic:
The Short Version:
- Both machines are commercial grade but for the home consumer.
- However, the Breville Barista Express is more complete with an integrated conical burr grinder, programmable and manual features.
- The Gaggia Classic operates manually and does NOT include a built-in grinder.
Now for the long version…
First up, the Breville Barista Express:
This semi-automatic espresso machine is definitely striking piece of machinery that you’d love to have at home! The main feature that sets it apart from the Gaggia Classic is that is has a built-in conical burr grinder and a bean hopper, which gives you a fresh grind right before you brew your coffee.
Its full feature list includes:
- 15 bar pump pressure.
- Thermo coil heating system.
- Built in conical burr grinder with 1/2 lbs bean hopper.
- Manual and programmable coffee settings.
- Ability to adjust coffee grind strength as you desire.
- Built-in tamper and portafilter cradle.
- Hot water dispenser.
- Steam pressure gauge.
- 67 oz (2 Liters) removable water tank.
- Swivel steam wand for easy milk frothing.
- Clean light indicator lights up when machine requires a clean up. Cleaning kit is included.
With the Barista Express, you are quite guaranteed the best shot of espresso you’ll ever make at home. It has a feature called the Auto Purge function, which ensures automatic adjustment of water temperature for the optimal espresso extraction temperature. The result is a shot of espresso with a thick crema layer and a strong aroma that will take you to another world!
Gaggia 14101 Classic Espresso Machine:
First thing you’ll notice about this Gaggia machine is its classic looks. It’s compact in size, made of brushed stainless steel housing so you know it’s quite durable. It’s fairly simple to operate, you’ve got two switch buttons for steam and shot control and a knob for frothing.
The full features include:
- 17 bar pump pressure.
- 72 ounce water tank.
- Brass portafilter and grouphead allows for a stable temperature.
- Frothing wand also doubles as a hot water dispenser.
- Measures 14-1/4 by 8 by 9-1/2 inches
As we’ve already noted, the Gaggia Classic does not have a built-in grinder, so you’ll want to make sure you have one (see our top rated conical burr grinders here). Although the machine is small in size and has a classic look, it uses advance commercial grade technology to extract a great shot of espresso. It has a higher pressure than the Barista Express, with a high voltage boiler that heats up quickly.
A Closer Look At The Difference Between The Breville Barista Express and Gaggia Classic:
- Built-In Conical Burr Grinder: Available in the Barista Express.
- Pump Pressure: 15 bar for the Barista Express vs. 17 1/2 bar for the Gaggia Classic.
- Water Tank Size: 62 ounce for the Barista Express vs. 72 ounce for the Gaggia Classic.
- Manual/Programmable features: The Barista Express can be programmed, reprogrammed or used manually. Gaggia Classic can be used manually only.
- Portafilter: Both machines include different size filters for sinlge, double shot or e.s.e pods.
- Hot Water Dispenser: Both machines have this feature. The Barista Express has a separate dispenser while the Gaggia Classic’s frother doubles as a dispenser.
Which Should I Buy? The Breville Barista Express or The Gaggia Classic?
That would solely be up to what you’re looking for in an espresso machine for your home.
- The Breville Barista Express gives you an all-in-one at home cafe experience. You won’t need to buy additional accessories to get the best coffee, it already has everything it needs to product consistent coffee every time.
- The Gaggia Classic is quite a solid machine, too. It is cheaper in price in comparison with the Barista Express, but you’ll still need a decent coffee grinder next to it, which would total up to the same price. It’s also good to keep in mind that this Gaggia Classic won’t save your preferences, so it’ll require a bit more of work on your part.
*Click on the photo to see more images*
You’ve seen a number of great Nespresso capsule holders on our site. But here’s a truly cool and unique one that you’ll absolutely love having on display in your kitchen or living room.
The CapsuleVase combines a Nespresso coffee capsule holder and a vase. Featuring three slots, where each holds up to 6 capsules. The hollow middle holds a stem of your favorite flower.
This is definitely one capsule holder that you’ll LOVE to keep right where everyone can see it!
If you own a Keurig K-Cup brewer (or any coffee brewer for that matter), you know that descaling a coffee machine is a must every now and then to ensure that your machine is performing like it should.
When it comes to single-serve coffee makers, descaling will nicely clean the inside of the machine. But you still have the problem of the coffee capsule needle and all parts around it, descaling does NOT clean that part, even though it affects the taste of your coffee.
The solution for this issue is here, made especially for K-Cup brewers (and we’re hoping other machines will follow), the Clean Cup pod looks exactly like the K-Cup coffee pod, place it in the machine, hit brew and it will take care of all coffee and oil residue inside the machine. It is odorless and includes phosphate free ingredients. You’ll be amazed at what comes out of your machine when you use it! And you’ll be more amazed at how FRESH your coffee will taste after you’ve used the Clean Up.
Not quite sold? Click here to read the reviews from customers who have already purchased and tried Clean Cup.