If you’re a new at-home barista, still practicing the art of espresso, you know it will take you lots of tries before you can get that perfect shot of espresso. We found a few videos that will guide you through the process…
The Espresso Theory: What Goes Into the Perfect Shot of Espresso?
Hint: Great coffee beans and a great grinder are a must!
How To Pull a Great Shot of Espresso:
Nespresso Pixie continues to be a Best Seller on Amazon. Is it better than other Nespresso machines? What makes the most popular choice? That’s what we’ll try to answer in this post.
Why Nespresso Pixie Is The Best:
Pixie isn’t necessarily better than CitiZ, Inissia or U. They all produce a quality cup of coffee using the same Nespresso capsules, so there’s no doubt you’ll get a delicious cup no matter which Nespresso machine you use. But here are a few reasons that might make it the preferred choice of many:
Where It’s Made:
Unlike other machines, Nespresso Pixie remains to be made in Switzerland. This gives it an edge when it comes to construction quality and definitely a lot more prestige.
Design and Aesthetics:
Pixie was designed to be ultra-compact at 4.33-Inch width, making it a perfect choice for anyone with small space. The design draws inspiration from architecture and industrial design. It’s sleek but rugged enough for everyday use.
The Pixie features metal side panels that are available in a number of classic or vibrant colors. The panels are also interchangeable, so if you feel like updating the color of your machine, you can simply buy a set of panels in any color you want.
The front panel of the Pixie features LED lights that act as an indicator, it will notify you of an empty water reservoir or a full capsule drawer. These lights look especially great in your dark or dim lit kitchen.
Function and Operation:
One of the greatest features of the Nespresso Pixie is its fast start up time, it takes only 25 secs to heat up. This only means you’ll get your coffee faster.
Making a shot of espresso is as straight forward as other Nespresso machines. Pop in your Nespresso capsule and hit the brew button. You can choose from Espresso or Lungo and you can reprogram the coffee volume of both sizes.
Watch the Unboxing of a Nespresso Pixie:
Is the Nespresso Pixie Better Than Inissia?
Inissia, which is the entry-level machine from Nespresso, is the nearest one in design to the Pixie with a big price in difference between them. This usually makes new buyers confused, should they go with the Inissia or its higher-end Pixie?
Truth is, although they look very similar, they are quite different:
- The Nespresso Pixie has a much better build, made of mostly metal body that is more durable and easier to clean and maintain.
- The Inissia on the other hand is fully plastic. It is available in many bright colors, but the plastic can be less durable in the long run.
- The Inissia also lacks the LED light indicators for water level and the clear capsule drawer.
- The Pixie has an on/off button, which gives you more control over its power. The Inissia on the other hand, powers up soon as you plug it in, as it doesn’t have a on/off switch.
Watch How Nespresso Pixie Works:
Watch The Difference Between Inissia and Pixie:
Common Questions About the Nespresso Pixie:
What Is The Difference Between Nespresso Pixie and CitiZ?
We’ve done a full comparison between all Nespresso machines which you can read here.
Can I Make a Cappuccino or Latte with the Nespresso Pixie?
Of course you can. Espresso is the base of a Cappuccino or Latte, that’s what your Pixie will make for you. To do a Cappuccino, you’ll have to bundle it with a milk frother called Aeroccino (or any other frother you like). The frother will heat the milk and froth it for you to create your Cappuccino or Latte.
Watch this video on how to make a Cappuccino with a Pixie:
Where Can I Buy Nespresso Capsules?
The Capsules are available widely at local Nespresso boutiques or online. Read all about Nespresso capsules here.
Is Cappuccino your favorite coffee drink? Are you looking to purchase an espresso maker mainly for making delicious frothy Cappuccinos? While all espresso makers can make Cappuccinos, some makers make the task easier than others, especially for beginners.
In this post, we’ll highlight the best espresso makers for creating the perfect cup of Cappuccino.
Best Automatic Espresso Makers for Cappuccino:
These are push-button espresso makers that make all sorts of coffee drinks, including Cappuccino:
The Nespresso CitiZ is the perfect Nespresso for creating your favorite coffee drinks, Cappuccino or Lattes. Simply insert a coffee capsule, push a button and watch your coffee brew. With the built-in milk frother, you’ll be able to make hot or cold milk froth for your Cappuccino in about a minute.
The DeLonghi Lattissima Pro takes automation to another more advanced level. Also powered by Nespresso, simply insert a capsule, choose your drink from the menu on the LCD display and hit brew, the machine will do everything for you.
This automatic espresso and cappuccino maker comes from Keurig and is powered by Lavazza, the famous Italian coffee brand. The machine uses espresso pods made by Lavazza, and with a touch of a button, you can choose from Cappuccino, Latte, Machiatto or Espresso and let the machine do the rest.
Watch a Video Review of the Rivo:
If you’re not a fan of using espresso capsules, the Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista gives you the automation of the previous machines with the ability to use ground coffee. Using the buttons on the control panel, choose your preferred drink and you’re set!
Manual Espresso Makers For Cappuccino:
The DeLonghi EC702 is a classic espresso maker perfect for making your daily dose of Cappuccino. It’s a manual machine made with the home user in mind, so it’s not complicated to operate. The milk frother is simply to use and creates the perfect froth.
Watch a Demo of the DeLonghi EC702:
The Dedica, also by DeLonghi, is a semi-automatic espresso maker. It features automatic flow stop, so you’ll get the perfect measure of espresso for your cappuccino, you can also reprogram it to your taste. The frothing wand is stainless steel, which gives you a better froth and it’s easier to clean. It is also worth mentioning that this is the slimmest espresso maker you can find, taking only 6″ of countertop.
Super-Automatic Espresso Maker:
Super automatic espresso machine are very high-end. Yes, they’re as expensive as you’d imagine, but they’re expensive for a reason. They feature built-in grinders, frothers and pretty much everything you need to get the freshest and most aromatic cup of coffee with a push of a button. Here’s an example:
The DeLonghi Gran Dama Avant features a built-in conical burr grinder, detachable milk frother, touch buttons and a backlit LCD display. Everything on the machine is programmable and customizable. Choose your coffee strength, cup size, the amount of milk, the type of grind and the machine will memorize your options and saves them. It is also one of very few espresso maker that are able to make drip coffee.
More Posts to Read:
Jura is the brand to go to when it comes to high-end super automatic espresso machines. With a touch of a button, you can have your coffee, cappuccino or latte made to your taste in a matter of minutes and without any work on your part.
Features of the Impressa C9:
- Automatic coffee and espresso maker with 1450-watts power.
- 15 bar power pump.
- Built-in conical burr grinder with 6 adjustable settings.
- Bypass for using pre-ground coffee of your choice.
- 64 oz water tank capacity.
- Includes 14 oz milk container for automatic milk frothing.
- 8-ounce bean container.
- Programmable coffee cup size and strength.
- Hot water dispenser for preparing other drinks like tea.
- Height adjustable coffee spout 2.6 to 4.4 inches
- Screen for text display.
- Includes a DVD for instructions on how to use the machine.
Features of the Impressa S9:
- Fully automatic espresso and coffee maker with 1250 watts of power.
- 15 bar pressure.
- Built in Aroma+ grinder, which is a JURA grinder that grinds twice as fast and adds a touch of Aroma for better coffee.
- 3 programmable hot water temperature.
- Separate by-pass for using ground coffee.
- 90.3 oz water tank capacity.
- 9.9 oz bean hopper.
- Adjustable coffee size, strength and temperature.
- Hot water dispenser.
- Height adjustable coffee spout, 2.6 to 5.8 inches.
- Height adjustable cappuccino spout 4.7 inches.
- Screen displays text and graphics.
C9 vs. S9, What’s The Difference?
|Title||Jura Impressa S9 Classic Black One Touch Espresso Coffee Machine||Jura 13422 Impressa C9 One Touch Automatic Coffee-and-Espresso Center, Black|
|Feature||Cappuccino and latte macchiato at the touch of a button, without you having to move the cup|
Mini graphic display (menu system with graphical cues)
3 temperature settings for hot water
The IMPRESSA S9 Classic flatters the palate with coffee à la carte in all conceivable variations
***Milk container is not included***
|1450-watt automatic coffee-and-espresso center with 14-ounce thermal milk container|
Preprogrammed beverage buttons for coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk, or hot water
6-setting conical burr grinder; pre-ground coffee funnel; 64-ounce removable water tank
18-bar power pump; ThermoBlock heating system; water filter, scoop, DVD, and more included
Measures 16 by 11 by 13-1/2 inches; 2-year limited warranty
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
The Jura IMPRESSA S9 is a more advanced model than the C9. It features a number of upgraded features.
The Built-In Grinder:
- S9: it feature’s Jura’s new Aroma+ grinder which promises to grind coffee twice as fast with an Aroma Boost function that provides you with an extra coffee kick. It has 5 adjustable settings.
- C9: uses a conical burr grinder with 6 adjustable settings.
Programmability and Adjustments:
- S9: allows you to program your drinks size, strength as well as temperature. Choose from 5 adjustable strength, 3 levels of hot water temperature and 2 brewing temperatures.
- C9: you can adjust coffee volume and strength, choose from 3 coffee strengths. Brewing and hot water temperature cannot be adjusted in the C9.
- S9: the screen can display text as well as graphics.
- C9: the screen displays text only.
- S9: both the coffee and cappuccino spouts can be adjusted in height. This helps you accommodate cups of any size and length.
- C9: only the coffee spout can be adjusted.
Water Tank and Bean Hopper:
- S9: has a larger water tank of 90.3 oz capacity and a larger coffee bean hopper of 9 oz with Aroma seal lid.
- C9: has a 64 oz water tank and 8 oz bean container.
- Both machines feature automatic one-touch maintenance features like rinsing and descaling. However, the C9 has automatic milk rinse that the S9 doesn’t have.
Milk Frothing Container:
- S9: does NOT include a milk container or frothing jug.
- C9: includes a 14 oz insulated milk container.
Which One Is Best To Buy?
Looking at the comparison, you’ll notice that the S9 has many upgraded features over the C9, but doesn’t mean it’s necessary what you have to buy. Overall, both machines are fantastic, but you’ll have to look at your specific needs to know which is the best one. For example:
- Are you someone who mainly brews milk-based drinks? then the C9 is a great option since it has the milk container included your purchase. And it has a milk-rinse feature that will ensure your machine is always clean.
- On the other hand, if you’re specific about your coffee’s temperature, the adjustable temperature on the S9 will be an important feature for you. This is a special feature that isn’t available in many coffee and espresso makers.
Watch These Videos to See How The Machines Work:
Review of the IMPRESSA S9:
Review of the IMPRESSA C9:
Reference for the information in our comparison is Jura’s official website.
So you want to complement your Nespresso machine with cups or glasses that match its beautiful design? Lucky for you, Nespresso makes just the thing. There’s a number of official Nespresso accessories that you can buy, including espresso cup sets. Here are some recommendations:
The Pixie Lungo Cup Set:
These cups are shaped after Nespresso’s Original Line capsules, and are available in the same colors as some of the capsules. The cups are stainless steel and insulated, keeping your coffee hot for a long time. They’re sold in a set of 2 or 4 cups, and Nespresso branded stainless steel stirrers are included.
Nespresso Espresso Glass and Saucer Set:
Beautiful modern design. This is a set of 2 glasses and saucers for Espresso.
Nespresso Ritual Ristretto Porcelain Cups:
If you prefer a more classic design, this white porcelain set will be perfect for you. It includes 2 cups and 2 saucers in a beautiful gift box.
Looking For More Options?
Here are some other suggestions for espresso and coffee cup sets: